Unofficial world record double sledgehammer lever

I can also see a large headed silver bolt right below the head of the hammer.

13 minutes ago, king crusher said:

I can also see a large headed silver bolt right below the head of the hammer.

Yes, I don’t know how one can’t see it. Even with the low quality of the photo. 

Lol, the hammers are clearly bolted together in the Slim picture.

Good job, Joe. Records are made to be broken.

If I had to provide one criticism, and that's if someone held a gun to my head and forced me to, I would say that comparing your video to just that one picture posted of Slim's lift, it looks like Slim's arms may have been a little bit higher than yours were.

10 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Lol, the hammers are clearly bolted together in the Slim picture.

Good job, Joe. Records are made to be broken.

If I had to provide one criticism, and that's if someone held a gun to my head and forced me to, I would say that comparing your video to just that one picture posted of Slim's lift, it looks like Slim's arms may have been a little bit higher than yours were.

Yes Anthony , for sure , this is also 6 pounds more and my first time doing this device. The bugs will be worked out each time. Gotta get used to the load in this position.

Edited by Guest

Amazing Big Joe! You definitely should work on setting something up for an official record attempt! Would be great if you could it at a big contest like Legends (which just happens to feature a double hammer event). Also all those loose plates aren't helping you! @Andrew P @Joseph Sullivan

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Amazing Big Joe! You definitely should work on setting something up for an official record attempt! Would be great if you could it at a big contest like Legends (which just happens to feature a double hammer event). Also all those loose plates aren't helping you! @Andrew P @Joseph Sullivan

No I know. I had to balance it hard for them not th fall off. Need bigger screws 

16 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yes Anthony , for sure , this is also 6 pounds more and my first time doing this device. The bugs will be worked out each time. Gotta get used to the load in this position.

Yep, my comment was made more so for you to foresee the comments that people may make, that for some reason don’t want to ever see a new record set.

5 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Yep, my comment was made more so for you to foresee the comments that people may make, that for some reason don’t want to ever see a new record set.

Yea man this was actually a hard thing to do with the plates not fastened . The bolt was too small for the plates so they were literally hanging there with no security. And I concur. Some people don’t like records broken or have a special place for the current holder. Myself included, have a special place for Slim. If I never read about him I would not have been so motivated to do what I’m doing now. If I break his record officially, I will give thanks to Jesus first as my strength and thanks to Slim for introducing me to this. Yes I mentioned God.... 

Edited by Guest

Seems to me that your arms and hands went too deep to compare the lift with Slim's lift. 

15 minutes ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Seems to me that your arms and hands went too deep to compare the lift with Slim's lift. 

32 inch hammers and 5 pounds more as opposed to 31 inch, wearing wrist wraps and 56 pounds..... not to mention first time trying it. Getting used to this movement will take no time at all. Thanks for the professional opinion  😉I am my own biggest critic. This was just a test run. Anyone that knows me knows I do things the hardest way possible so people can’t say “yea but you didn’t do this” “ or so and so does this” this was also done after grippers and a full hammer session. 

Edited by Guest

Crazy strong Joe! Well done 

8 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thanks Chez. How you feeling bro?

I’m doing great. The repair feels strong. I’m just holding back and listening to the doctor as I slowly rehab. I’ll be back at comps next year 

SMH, when people find something wrong with lift(s) and offer NO props for such lift(s). Novel effing idea- Ex. " Hey Joe, damn MF strong but slim may had arms higher or straighter. Bottomline Joe, you are the best in the world at these and the clowns who nitpick on an unofficial WR need to get a life.

I only have one serious piece of advice for you Joe.  Fix those hammers before you brain yourself LOL

1 minute ago, climber511 said:

I only have one serious piece of advice for you Joe.  Fix those hammers before you brain yourself LOL

Yes getting larger bolts 

10 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

SMH, when people find something wrong with lift(s) and offer NO props for such lift(s). Novel effing idea- Ex. " Hey Joe, damn MF strong but slim may had arms higher or straighter. Bottomline Joe, you are the best in the world at these and the clowns who nitpick on an unofficial WR need to get a life.

You said it all, Miguel. Nothing left for me to say.😉

I grew up on The Mighty Atom and Slim - they were my heros.  But by no means do I think their records are unbeatable - honestly I didn't expect to see Slim's  lift from the floor and then levered to the head beaten in my lifetime but I can see Joe doing the Lever to the head part before long.  I have no idea if he is even training for the first half of Slims floor to vertical part.  Joe's is the first person I have seen that I think has a chance at it lately.  At Gripmas (maybe 2011) - I had a supported double lever with a couple guys going very big but as far as I know never pursued Slim's records. Good Luck to you Big Joe!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I'm guessing this was directed at me?

I gave Joe his props, but also provided some constructive advice to see him secure the record definitively when he goes for it officially. Something that I would like to see happen.

There are going to be a lot of people that have a soft spot for the current record that are not going to want to see it be broken.

I've been at contests where world records have been turned down for something simple.

Joe replied to me directly like a man, and he understood what I was getting at.

No disrespect to you, but I don't think he needs a voice to speak for him. Good day to all.

4 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

I gave Joe his props, but also provided some constructive advice to see him secure the record definitively when he goes for it officially. Something that I would like to see happen.

There are going to be a lot of people that have a soft spot for the current record that are not going to want to see it be broken.

I've been at contests where world records have been turned down for something simple.

No disrespect to you, but I don't think he needs a voice to speak for him. Good day to all.

I don’t think Mike was directing that  to you Anthony. Read some of the others. 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I grew up on The Mighty Atom and Slim - they were my heros.  But by no means do I think their records are unbeatable - honestly I didn't expect to see Slim's  lift from the floor and then levered to the head beaten in my lifetime but I can see Joe doing the Lever to the head part before long.  I have no idea if he is even training for the first half of Slims floor to vertical part.  Joe's is the first person I have seen that I think has a chance at it lately.  At Gripmas (maybe 2011) - I had a supported double lever with a couple guys going very big but as far as I know never pursued Slim's records. Good Luck to you Big Joe!

Thanks Chris. Means a lot Coming from you, brother.

8 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

I was directing to people who give NO props like I posted but critique. Many on IG, FB and occasionally on GB. 

1 minute ago, Kluv#0 said:

I was directing to people who give NO props like I posted but critique. Many on IG, FB and occasionally on GB. 

Fair enough, my mistake.

1 minute ago, Anthony C. said:

Fair enough, my mistake.

👍