Jump to content

Adam T Glass training log


AdamTGlass
 Share

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

the difficulty is indescribable- making gains though and very soon I’ll be able to double lift my 200 thumbless

Insane to say the least.. how do those magnets affect the rotation when lifting it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Insane to say the least.. how do those magnets affect the rotation when lifting it?

Slows it down when on finger side / speeds up when on thumb side. Figure 4 magnets gives you 8 levels of progression on a given bell- seriously one of the most valuable additions to a inch lifting program

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Slows it down when on finger side / speeds up when on thumb side. Figure 4 magnets gives you 8 levels of progression on a given bell- seriously one of the most valuable additions to a inch lifting program

Thats sorta what I figured.. I'll have to get some of those magnets some day.Sounds like a great way to train with the inch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The next chapter begins 

 

the outermost limits are only the beginning 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 11:03 PM, climber511 said:

Hey - how about a favor please - send me a nice picture of you using them for the wall in my gym?  You've seen the walls - pictures of people I respect - and you certainly qualify!

Chris I will do exactly this for you sir - what email would you like emailed to?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Chris I will do exactly this for you sir - what email would you like emailed to?

Sent you a message with the email.  Have you tried two hand pinch with those big plates?  I got several inches of air several times but couldn't manage a full lift.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas ya filth animals 

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks John 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

this is so hard to do I will make a prediction - of all the grip contests - training days - arm wrestling practices and general get together a I will not see one person visit my house and replica it. I’m so happy to reach this mark I’ve been chasing this lift for the last two years. It will still be 4-6 months before all the training wheels come off but when that happens I’ll be lifting my 213 thumbless with the weights….

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

this is so hard to do I will make a prediction - of all the grip contests - training days - arm wrestling practices and general get together a I will not see one person visit my house and replica it. I’m so happy to reach this mark I’ve been chasing this lift for the last two years. It will still be 4-6 months before all the training wheels come off but when that happens I’ll be lifting my 213 thumbless with the weights….

Very impressive,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s a great time for a gym The Shed of Strength 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Millennium next?

I’ve got a stainless steel 96 kg before that and then my 104 kg Holle bell- I don’t think that will be possible for at least another year though. Right now if I load 7.5 lb of magnets on the 96 thumbless I can make like 1/2” lift on it and it feels like current tendon limit. Definitely not something to happen for some time - but give me another 4-5k reps with the 200 and something will happen 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AdamTGlass said:

I’ve got a stainless steel 96 kg before that and then my 104 kg Holle bell- I don’t think that will be possible for at least another year though. Right now if I load 7.5 lb of magnets on the 96 thumbless I can make like 1/2” lift on it and it feels like current tendon limit. Definitely not something to happen for some time - but give me another 4-5k reps with the 200 and something will happen 

It might take a while but it's definitely possible for you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adam-

have you ever hurt your distal bicep tendons? I’m guessing trying to lift the inch I hurt mine. That was last April/May. I see you keep your arm pretty straight, where I think I had some flexion in my attempts.

I still can’t curl more than 30lbs without pain. Once I get to 90 degrees it’s mostly painless. 
did see an orthopedic specialist, who advised 6 weeks rest for tendonitis at the insertion point. But haven’t been fully resting…can’t with work anyway. Have my follow up soon so MRI next.

just was wondering if it’s ever bothered you in that area with this lift.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, slazbob said:

Adam-

have you ever hurt your distal bicep tendons? I’m guessing trying to lift the inch I hurt mine. That was last April/May. I see you keep your arm pretty straight, where I think I had some flexion in my attempts.

I still can’t curl more than 30lbs without pain. Once I get to 90 degrees it’s mostly painless. 
did see an orthopedic specialist, who advised 6 weeks rest for tendonitis at the insertion point. But haven’t been fully resting…can’t with work anyway. Have my follow up soon so MRI next.

just was wondering if it’s ever bothered you in that area with this lift.

So never a tendon but I did have a mid biceps rip at King Kong 2021 with the LBH. It only took a few weeks to heal up. It was only a minor partial tear of the muscle belly. 
 

so when I want more reps I will pull more towards bent arm or as much as I can. I do not recommend this to people without a few years behind them- I’ve been a bent arm puller now for 20 years so I got a lot of conditioning in that angle and still it can bite me. I do get sore in the tendons especially lately pulling on this 200 thumbless but never have had cause for worry. Honestly the combination of drug free for life plus decades of tendon work I don’t think I could tear my tendon- I would bet the muscle would rip every time before the tendon would rupture. I feel for you bro- I do know it will heal stronger than before but that can take 8-12 months and there’s not a lot of evidence much can rush the process…or if there is I’m not aware of it. If you must get surgery talk to your doctor much in advance and let them know you do this sport and you plan on continuing forward with it

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good start to the year 

 

this will be happening so soon to my satisfaction 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes that’s a good way to start the year. Fantastic lifts

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Ă—
Ă—
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.