Jump to content

Adam T Glass training log


AdamTGlass
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 12/31/2019 at 8:13 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

My favorite is 2 inch x 4 or 5. I have a 2 inch and 2.5 inch in one. It’s a 2 inch Saxon with a  section that has  a plate welded to both sides  to the 2 inch bar  to give me the option of both. I don’t like the 3 inch as it feels to Wide with the amount of weight I can use, causing an increased risk of skin Rips. 

Joe,

I suspect the pic of the Saxon bar on Arm Assassins is yours as it has plates welded on the 2x5 model. For someone beginning on this would you suggest the addition of the plates to make a 2.5"? Adam states above that his fav is the 2.5" so I'm considering getting modified one.

Edited by MeatPlow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MeatPlow said:

Joe,

I suspect the pic of the Saxon bar on Arm Assassins is yours as it has plates welded on the 2x5 model. For someone beginning on this would you suggest the addition of the plates to make a 2.5"? Adam states above that his fav is the 2.5" so I'm considering getting modified one.

Yes it’s mine and yes get the modified! Best of both worlds!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MeatPlow said:

Apologies to Adam for asking to many questions on his training log. Thanks for the help from the both of you.

Lol no worries bro 👍👊

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.2.20 

good day at work. 

Lift at the edge body weight 217 lb 

Double under hand deadlift cv

215-1,265-1,305-1,325-1,345-1,355-1,365-1 pr

Double over hand cv 365-1, 395-1

sumo double thumbless 

305-1, 325-1, 345-2, 365-1, 385-1/2 miss above knee 

behind back cv doh axle 215-1-3, 265-1-3, 305-1-3

3” x 4” Saxon pinch 143-1, 193-1, 233-1-3, 243-1-3 

3”x4” one arm curl 51-2, 58-1, 63-1, 65-1 pr, 68 -1/2 rep 

10 minutes hand balancing 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.4.20

sore today. Body weight 218 lb 

2”x5” fbbc Saxon 136-1, 156-1, 176-1, 196-1, 216-1, 226-1, 246-1, 256-1-5, 266-1-5, 276-1-5, 282-1-5, 286-1-3, 296-1-3

cable extension 8 sets of 25

hand stand push up practice 35 minutes 

Around 40 reps total mostly singles and doubles. Overall better steering this session compared to last few 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.5.20

Body weight 218 lb, woke up sore in scapula. 

Took Ashley though her competition lifts for Bonehill. Did a little bit of one arm lifts. 

Bear claw rolling handle

144-2/2, 154-2/2, 164-1/1, 174-1/1-5 it’s impressive this is the first rolling handle I’ve ever lifted that I suspect a 174 lb lift equals inch lift. So rollie. 184-1-3 not bad for me with this particular handle. I’ve lift 198 on Clays handle but not more than 188 on this one. 

Rolling thunder 

186-1/1 feels soo easy, 196-1/1, 206-1/1-3 feels sooooo hard. Biceps felt immediately tired when I grabbed this. I believe it’s too taxing to train double under axle and rolling handles closely. 

The last 4 months has felt like a doldrums on my rolling handle lifts. My next competition for RT is 1st weekend of March at the Arnold Classic. 

For competition the smartest plan is priority of lift that can score the most points. That’s my axle lift. In 2019 best training lift was 448 lb. best competition lift was 423 lb with a very close miss at 429 lb. I believe 435-440 can be the routine lifted weight over next quarter. I’m only expecting a result in contest that I frequently see in weekly training. Never too far off the curve. 

Rolling thunder in 2019 best was 231 in contest, average was 222. In training on the handle I own I rarely lift over 216 lb. on my competition handle I’ve not lifted more than a contest. On the older handles the weights are substantially larger depending on how old the handle is. 

My projection for Arnold is 243 lb. I will need to be lifting 226-231 on my handle weekly. On the bear claw probable 202-208 would be similar transfer. 

Silver bullet I have very few concerns. I’m consistent #4 throughout the whole season of 2019 and the point spread from a 7 second hold to a 18 doesn’t even matter compared to what you can get by focused axle work.  

Saxon is featured in 3 of the confirmed contests I’m lifting in. Any time it’s in rotation it’s my most frequently practiced lifts because it’s my biggest potential to grab most points. 

Finished with handstand push up practice.all singles about 20 reps of various degrees of quality 

 

 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, terminal said:

Adam,

Happy New Year.

May I ask what kind of wrestling you are practicing?

Al

Al I train with Frankie. He’s been rolling for 20 years and what he teaches is not really bjj or catch wrestling but something a bit different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

1.5.20

Body weight 218 lb, woke up sore in scapula. 

Took Ashley though her competition lifts for Bonehill. Did a little bit of one arm lifts. 

Bear claw rolling handle

144-2/2, 154-2/2, 164-1/1, 174-1/1-5 it’s impressive this is the first rolling handle I’ve ever lifted that I suspect a 174 lb lift equals inch lift. So rollie. 184-1-3 not bad for me with this particular handle. I’ve lift 198 on Clays handle but not more than 188 on this one. 

Rolling thunder 

186-1/1 feels soo easy, 196-1/1, 206-1/1-3 feels sooooo hard. Biceps felt immediately tired when I grabbed this. I believe it’s too taxing to train double under axle and rolling handles closely. 

The last 4 months has felt like a doldrums on my rolling handle lifts. My next competition for RT is 1st weekend of March at the Arnold Classic. 

For competition the smartest plan is priority of lift that can score the most points. That’s my axle lift. In 2019 best training lift was 448 lb. best competition lift was 423 lb with a very close miss at 429 lb. I believe 435-440 can be the routine lifted weight over next quarter. I’m only expecting a result in contest that I frequently see in weekly training. Never too far off the curve. 

Rolling thunder in 2019 best was 231 in contest, average was 222. In training on the handle I own I rarely lift over 216 lb. on my competition handle I’ve not lifted more than a contest. On the older handles the weights are substantially larger depending on how old the handle is. 

My projection for Arnold is 243 lb. I will need to be lifting 226-231 on my handle weekly. On the bear claw probable 202-208 would be similar transfer. 

Silver bullet I have very few concerns. I’m consistent #4 throughout the whole season of 2019 and the point spread from a 7 second hold to a 18 doesn’t even matter compared to what you can get by focused axle work.  

Saxon is featured in 3 of the confirmed contests I’m lifting in. Any time it’s in rotation it’s my most frequently practiced lifts because it’s my biggest potential to grab most points. 

Finished with handstand push up practice.all singles about 20 reps of various degrees of quality 

 

 

Keep working hard brother!!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Al I train with Frankie. He’s been rolling for 20 years and what he teaches is not really bjj or catch wrestling but something a bit different. 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.7.20 

lift @Edge bodyweight 221 lb @EricMilfeld see the plan unfolding. 

blue fatgripz double overhand deadlift 

225-1-2, 275-1-2, 315-1-2, 355-1-2, 365-1, 385-1-2, 400-1-2 partial/miss 

hand stand push up / hand balancing practice 25 minutes 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 Jan 20 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 Jan 20 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.12.19

early morning session 

axle 305-1-3, 355-1-3, 395-1-2, 415-1-2, 420-1

hand stand practice 25 minutes 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

11 Jan 20 

 

Adam,

Do you ever do any pinching on the 5 inch side? I was thinking it might would come in handy in pinching a blob but could be wrong.

Jeff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MeatPlow said:

Adam,

Do you ever do any pinching on the 5 inch side? I was thinking it might would come in handy in pinching a blob but could be wrong.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, no I don’t pinch over 4” unless it’s sloped. I’ve had a few thumb strains over the decades that is really irritated with a very wide span. If someone had truly huge hands it might be a good grip 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Hi Jeff, no I don’t pinch over 4” unless it’s sloped. I’ve had a few thumb strains over the decades that is really irritated with a very wide span. If someone had truly huge hands it might be a good grip 

I can definitely see that. I just picked my bar up like that yesterday and I could really feel the tension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.14.20

body weight 218

 

single hand axle pick 215-1/1-5

DOH axle CV 215-1-3, 305-1, 355-1, 395-1-3, 415-1, 425 miss at hip

SM 395-1-3, 415-1, 425 miss at hip

RT comp handle 186-1/1, 196-1/1, 206-1/1-3, 215-1

single arm axle curl 45-3/3, 55-3/3, 65-1/1, 70-1 

plate curl 35-5 easy 

hand stand push up practice 15 minutes. Moving overall much better this month. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.15.20 

body weight 221 lb 

session today - 70 minutes of hand balancing. Former portion focus on hand stand push ups and latter was hollowback transitions and holds 

I’m about 45 days back in to consistent handstand practice and feeling on track. The last time I was doing handstand push ups and hollow back pose I was 187-192 lb (2014-2018) to do it at such a heavier weight is a good marker. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know those gifts when you think “my wife really gets me” 

91BC21F3-CDA8-4895-AADF-72C74E4FE3D3.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 Jan 2020

body weight 218.5 lb. 

49 days to Arnold Classic contest. 

Double overhand axle deadlift 215-1-3, 305-1, 355-1, 395-1, 405-1, 415-1, 425-1-2 miss right before lockout but very good bar speed 

Silver bullet #4, #3, #2.5

#3 30 mm set 1-3

rolling thunder 186-1/1, 196-1/1, 206-1/1, 211-1/1, 216-1/1, 221-1, 223.5-1 i do believe today was my best day on my rolling thunder. I typically lift 10-15 lb more in a meet than at gym. Based on recent sessions I feel very good going forward. RT has never been a weak lift for me but feels like my very slowest improving one. 

Single arm axle curl 55-1/1, 60-1/1, 65-1/1, 70-1/1 PR righty, 75-1L per lefty 

handstand push up practice. 

Coming together. Steering has improved greatly in last 10 days. A few things are clicking which I either forgot before or learned now. I’m not certain which it is but it’s working better. Defining a rep as some degree of obvious vertical decent with return- I’m now getting 40-50 reps on any given session. Some times I’m getting 2’s & 3’s but the control feels like 100% better than 70 days ago. 

 

 

31D76D3C-7DCD-40A2-BF4E-5BD355C65EB2.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strong workout and very nice PR on the 1 arm axle curl- not easy!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.