Adam T Glass training log

AdamTGlass

14 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Yes that’s a good way to start the year. Fantastic lifts

Thanks John 👍👍👍

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

So never a tendon but I did have a mid biceps rip at King Kong 2021 with the LBH. It only took a few weeks to heal up. It was only a minor partial tear of the muscle belly. 

so when I want more reps I will pull more towards bent arm or as much as I can. I do not recommend this to people without a few years behind them- I’ve been a bent arm puller now for 20 years so I got a lot of conditioning in that angle and still it can bite me. I do get sore in the tendons especially lately pulling on this 200 thumbless but never have had cause for worry. Honestly the combination of drug free for life plus decades of tendon work I don’t think I could tear my tendon- I would bet the muscle would rip every time before the tendon would rupture. I feel for you bro- I do know it will heal stronger than before but that can take 8-12 months and there’s not a lot of evidence much can rush the process…or if there is I’m not aware of it. If you must get surgery talk to your doctor much in advance and let them know you do this sport and you plan on continuing forward with it

Thanks, Adam.  I’ve been trying some new isometric holds that have shown promise…that beginning part of a preacher curl that hits the bottom, I just hold a small weight there for about 45 seconds a few times a day and have seen a difference. With tendons, you don’t know if they like it until the next day. So the fact I woke up today with less pain is promising. 

I may never touch the inch again;  but I was doing too much. Maybe I’ll just go for light holds on an a adjustable for a long time after my recovery. I don’t want to quit it.

good luck Adam …you’re killing it!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, slazbob said:

Thanks, Adam.  I’ve been trying some new isometric holds that have shown promise…that beginning part of a preacher curl that hits the bottom, I just hold a small weight there for about 45 seconds a few times a day and have seen a difference. With tendons, you don’t know if they like it until the next day. So the fact I woke up today with less pain is promising. 

I may never touch the inch again;  but I was doing too much. Maybe I’ll just go for light holds on an a adjustable for a long time after my recovery. I don’t want to quit it.

good luck Adam …you’re killing it!

Never say never, if you don't want to quit then dont...  Might take a while and may need to get creative but you can do it.

Very strong start to 2023 @AdamTGlass... Also, are you saying its not good idea to use a bent arm when lifting when first starting out? My arm is bent when using my rolling grip thing and loadable inch handle.... But its what feels more natural to me..

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Never say never, if you don't want to quit then dont...  Might take a while and may need to get creative but you can do it.

Very strong start to 2023 @AdamTGlass... Also, are you saying its not good idea to use a bent arm when lifting when first starting out? My arm is bent when using my rolling grip thing and loadable inch handle.... But its what feels more natural to me..

I would say know the risk associated and know yourself. If one has a good shoulder and back they can probably do well pulling bent armed but if it’s a situation where the load is heavy for them it can be a disaster. Your one hand lift off the floor will always be strongest the more flexion you can access but the chain breaks at the weakest link. It’s important to train one arm hangs with complete elbow extension and one arm presses to develop the entire arm. The risky behavior of lifters is the “never lock out” mentality which comes from goofy body building not strength training. So a few years of partial lifts never bringing that tissue to end range of motion than being ripped to end range of motion is the issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

I would say know the risk associated and know yourself. If one has a good shoulder and back they can probably do well pulling bent armed but if it’s a situation where the load is heavy for them it can be a disaster. Your one hand lift off the floor will always be strongest the more flexion you can access but the chain breaks at the weakest link. It’s important to train one arm hangs with complete elbow extension and one arm presses to develop the entire arm. The risky behavior of lifters is the “never lock out” mentality which comes from goofy body building not strength training. So a few years of partial lifts never bringing that tissue to end range of motion than being ripped to end range of motion is the issue. 

Thank you for such a great answer. I'll make a better effort to lift with arm straight. It make sense, you've developed your tendons and ligaments enough that you can get away with it  when/if the  sh!t hits the fan, but me, if I don't get that ROM stronger than i'm bound to tear something. 

Thanks, again, i'll be making some changes.. Probably add TGUs back into the mix as well and one arm hangs. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thank you for such a great answer. I'll make a better effort to lift with arm straight. It make sense, you've developed your tendons and ligaments enough that you can get away with it  when/if the  sh!t hits the fan, but me, if I don't get that ROM stronger than i'm bound to tear something. 

Thanks, again, i'll be making some changes.. Probably add TGUs back into the mix as well and one arm hangs. 

Turkish get ups probably one of the most useful things for a grip guy because it fixes a range not part of any aspect of our sports- it’s a key thing to include through out your training year 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

👀👀👀

• Like 5

@AdamTGlass your interviews on youtube are great.

Whom ever watching youtube on the air b&b i was at, will see nothing but you in the search history on youtube. Plus some David Horne, Jedd Johnson and  Don Cummings. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 12:03 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

@AdamTGlass your interviews on youtube are great.

Whom ever watching youtube on the air b&b i was at, will see nothing but you in the search history on youtube. Plus some David Horne, Jedd Johnson and  Don Cummings. 

Thank you! Where’d you guys visit?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

Thank you! Where’d you guys visit?

Winter Park for a day and a half and then Westminster outside of Denver for a few days. It was for a wedding so didnt get much sight seeing in. Its an incredible state, but its little too hippyish for me.. 

High light for me was driving through the town of Granby where Marv Heemeyer welded a bullldozer into a tank and went on a rampage Grand Theft Auto style.  Look up the documentary "Tread" on Netflix.

• Like 2