Adam T Glass training log

AdamTGlass

10 Oct 21 

100 days of Inch lifts day 27

• Like 1

11 Oct 21 100 days of inch lifts day 28

• Like 2

Arm Lifting Log

Most of the exercises that follow use the same progression: You’ll do a moderate set of 10 reps and then increase the weight and reduce the reps each set thereafter so you recruit more muscle fibers. On your last set, you’ll do a “back-off,” whereby you reduce the weight to the load you started with and pump out as many reps as you can

My Health Calculator

17 Oct 21 

100 days of Thomas Inch lifts - day 34. 

• Like 1

18 Oct 21 

day 35 of 100 day challenge 

• Like 4

19 Oct 2021 

56 kg press 

68 kg press 

special project - day 36 of 100 day challenge 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

31 Oct 21 

287D98B3-2FA9-4D53-A2B1-D2CA1A704F08.thumb.png.07a29670810c0eaaa581c084f553d400.png

• Like 2

31 Oct 

Heavy kb press will be all the chase - and today was day 48 of 100 day inch challenge 

• Like 1

1 November 21

100 days of Thomas Inch lifts day 49

double 200’s all day 

most successful attempts ever in a single session (11) and best lockouts by my estimation. Body weight today 216.5 lb 

• Like 3

Legendary feats of strength Adam! Almost double bodyweight with the 200lb inch db's. This is what I consider leaving humanity behind! 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

Legendary feats of strength Adam! Almost double bodyweight with the 200lb inch db's. This is what I consider leaving humanity behind! 

Thank you- the Ibch bells are my favorite. In the coming months I’ll have the equipment to exceed my weight. Sooner then later I’ll have a 104 kg inch from Nathan + my 96 kg bell - I believe when I’m eventually lifting those together (may take a year or three lol) I’ll be able to lift 480-490 on the Ironmind axle doh. Small steps forward will get me there one day 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Thank you- the Ibch bells are my favorite. In the coming months I’ll have the equipment to exceed my weight. Sooner then later I’ll have a 104 kg inch from Nathan + my 96 kg bell - I believe when I’m eventually lifting those together (may take a year or three lol) I’ll be able to lift 480-490 on the Ironmind axle doh. Small steps forward will get me there one day 

That would be something else. I still watch Laine's videos lifting the millennium db's and it redefines what I ever thought was possible lol. I could be wrong but wouldn't you or Tanner be the lightest men to ever lift it? 

I can see why inch would be your fav. Actually I was going to ask you if you believe inch style lifts to have carryover to the axle so thanks for addressing that. Would inch lifting have good carryover to v bar lifts such as the jug or lbh? 

Always appreciate your posts and podcast appearances Adam. As an aspiring armlifter I like that you tend to address alot of questions I have before I even get to ask them lol. I feel to new to have much of an opinion but alot of what you say jives well with the reality I've experienced. Like how you promote the use of saxon bars for pinch training. I find those seem to build really strong hands and carryover to other aspects of grip. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

That would be something else. I still watch Laine's videos lifting the millennium db's and it redefines what I ever thought was possible lol. I could be wrong but wouldn't you or Tanner be the lightest men to ever lift it? 

I can see why inch would be your fav. Actually I was going to ask you if you believe inch style lifts to have carryover to the axle so thanks for addressing that. Would inch lifting have good carryover to v bar lifts such as the jug or lbh? 

Always appreciate your posts and podcast appearances Adam. As an aspiring armlifter I like that you tend to address alot of questions I have before I even get to ask them lol. I feel to new to have much of an opinion but alot of what you say jives well with the reality I've experienced. Like how you promote the use of saxon bars for pinch training. I find those seem to build really strong hands and carryover to other aspects of grip. 

Question 1 on body weight &Mbell - as far as I am aware yes if Tanner or I get it that would be the lightest man so far. We both stay between 215-225 lb through the months- I’m thinking the current lightest man to successfully lift the M is Khaled would appeared to be 260-270 lb? Between Tanner & I he is likely to succeed before me. 

on the effect of lifting heavy thick handle single body weights (such as the inch) - it’s the best overall builder of lower arm strength. Idk if you have been able to try a solid bell yet- they create rotational force in the hand as you lift- overcoming the rotation is the magic. Continued efforts with Inch bells over time will produce measurable gains in all fatbar / vbar / and two hand pinch lifts (because wrist is a huge part of 2HP) - I believe everyone would share a similar opinion if they had a bell to train on for 6-8 months before making up their mind. This years King Kong I was transparent with my preparation- 90% of my work was lifting the bells- the result was a contest PR in Crusher Grabball Finball and the easiest lbh pull I’ve done in a meet. 

i see you have much enthusiasm for the sport- to you Bigfoot grip I say take ownership of your area. Host events - gather a crew and train together- introduce others to it as time goes forward. Don’t wonder when “someone” in your area will finally host a meet - be that man. My first contest I ever hosted was the first worlds strongest hands in Minneapolis in 2010— 5 people came out. Within a short time we had events with 30+ lifters and men from across North America travelled to lift with us- it began with a decision that I wasn’t waiting on anybody else to do it for me. Years later in 2018 the same decision was made again and now the North Texas team is growing stronger every month. The “secret” is don’t stop training and don’t stop inviting others to play the game 👊👊👍👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

2 Nov 21 

day 50 of inch lift 100 day streak 

Thumbless double overhand axle on Ironmind bar 

397 lb - 407 lb - 418 lb - 428 lb bodyweight 216 lb @Kluv#0 

double overhand Ironmind bar 428 lb - 438 lb - 443 lb attempts 

next Armlifting meet is Austin TX 5Dec21 hosted by Clay Edgin 

• Like 2

3 Nov 21 

day 52 of the 100 day challenge 

level lift left and right on 200 lb fbbc inch replica. 

the idea that lifting it inch must be level is a false, frankly stupid idea. Funny thing is I’ve heard this most from men who can not lift the bell- don’t listen to people who can’t do something you want to do. If you want to be able to do that well- you first must lift it. Tilted reps, or tilted with off hand assist will get you to it faster than not lifting it but trying level…level lifts will become possible then maybe they will be useful to you. Learn the skill set of tilting the bell for lifts first and then do it until it’s so easy you can’t possibly miss. If you want to be the master you must accept the humble nature of a disaster. Work your way out of the ugly part and keep going. 

• Like 2

6 Nov 21 

day 54 of 100 day challenge 

• Like 1

8 Nov 21

one of the strong Days of grip I’ve ever had 

Deeds not words 

• Like 2

9Nov21

Day 57 of inch challenge 

• Like 2

10 Nov 21 

first successful lift this way 

988A8C20-8EAE-4C87-AAA1-D4DAFED58245.thumb.png.a0a6454cdbed32c3238efe09f7973e62.pngIn 6 years no one has beat Horne’s 2 seconds? Challenge accepted 

• Like 2

11Nov21 

my thumbless axle is increasing- day 59 of inch challenge 

• Like 1

13Nov21 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 8:18 PM, AdamTGlass said:

2 Nov 21 

day 50 of inch lift 100 day streak 

Thumbless double overhand axle on Ironmind bar 

397 lb - 407 lb - 418 lb - 428 lb bodyweight 216 lb @Kluv#0 

double overhand Ironmind bar 428 lb - 438 lb - 443 lb attempts 

next Armlifting meet is Austin TX 5Dec21 hosted by Clay Edgin 

I see you're still using those monster 100# plates you got from me - sometimes I wish I had kept those - looking stronger every day - keep up the good work!

4 hours ago, climber511 said:

I see you're still using those monster 100# plates you got from me - sometimes I wish I had kept those - looking stronger every day - keep up the good work!

Chris these are one of my most useful pieces of kit- the rotation force is so much stronger than standard sized plates- especially for my axle lifts it’s made a massive help. 

49 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Chris these are one of my most useful pieces of kit- the rotation force is so much stronger than standard sized plates- especially for my axle lifts it’s made a massive help. 

I really wish I could find that diameter in a lighter plate - maybe 45# or so.  Been thinking about how to make something like it.  I have a couple slightly oversize 35# plates I like for deadlifts etc as it's so much better on my back with the higher start position.  Remind me again the diameter of them please.

@climber511 I will measure them now for you 👍