Adam T Glass training log

AdamTGlass

6 hours ago, Lennix said:

Impressive as always. Whats the thought process behind the thumbless axle? 

Top wrist flexion strength drill 💪💪💪

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Top wrist flexion strength drill 💪💪💪

Is it to carry over on your normal axle lifts? 

3 hours ago, Lennix said:

Is it to carry over on your normal axle lifts? 

Yes and hugely to Saxon bar pinch set ups, wrestling, and overall useful levels of grip

• Like 2

disgustingly coughing up globs of crud I pressed on training today. Glad I did. Body weight 206.5 lb 

double overhand axle / thumbless axle - 215-1/1-1, 305-1/1-1, 325-1/1-1, 355-1/1-1, 375-1. 395-1, 405-1

blue fatgripz doh 225-1, 315-1, 335-1, 355-1, 365-1

3”x4” Saxon 192-1, 232-1, 242-1, 252-1-2, 257-1

2”x5” Saxon 226-1, 246-1, 266-1-2, 276-1-2, 281-1 

Rolling Thunder 180 lb - 14R/10L PR I think 

plate curl 35-7/2 hanging for 2.5L 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 5

spent Saturday on the couch and slept in til 11 am. Still feeling low from illness. No Team Texas meet up this week as minor pain and illness affects all the crew. Always out numbered, never outgunned I went to play. Body weight 209 lb. 

orange fatgripz 225-1-2, 275-1, 295-1-2, 305-1-2

blue fatgripz 315-1, 365-1-2, 380-1

2” saxon bar 226-1-2, 276-1 felt like trash 

rolling thunder 186-6/8, 191-3/9, 201-3/4, 2/5 that’s PR on my competition handle for reps@weight 

Gold bar pinch 56-4/3, 58.5-2/2, 60-1/1-2, 62.5-1, 65-1, 67.5-1 

finnish ball 84.5 -1R 

cable extension in various ways 5 sets 

plate curl from hang 35-4 PR 

Plate curl 45 lb 1/2 rep - 3 so soon 

• Like 2

easy day limited time to lift bw 210.5 lb 

doh axle 215-1, 275-1, 305-1, 325-1, 345-1, 355-1, 365-1, 375-1, 385-1

2.5” saxon 

143-1, 193-1, 203-1, 213-1, 223-1, 233-1, 243-1-3, 248-1, 253-1-3, 258-2-3, 263-1-3

cable extension 3 sets 

IM blockbuster cable hammer curls 15-6/6, 20-7/7-2, 25-5/5, 30-3-3-5

hand balancing 25 minutes. Oh how poor of a session. I haven’t practiced in months and hip mobility  in particular limited. Very easy to balance in a static hold but very challenging to change angles or move through more than one pose in a given balance attempt. 

Single arm hanging knee bend 8/8-3 

human flag on rack 3 sets left arm down felt very strong- easy 20 second press flag 

• Like 1

hand balancing session at the Edge. Bw 211 lb 

straight hold, hollowback, and press practice 35 minutes 

Press flag 3 sets, Meat Hook practice both sides, planche set up, and parallel bar muscle up set up. Total session 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

hand balance 25 minutes, hip stretch, neck. 

Doh orange fatgripz for December online contest 135-1, 185-1, 225-1, 245-1, 265-1, 285-1, 290-1, 295-1, 300-1, 305-1 

hand balancing 40 minutes, hip stretch, extensors and supination/pronation 

• Like 1

two hand pinch 3”x4” Saxon 141-1, 191-1, 201-1, 211-1, 221-1, 231-1-3

2HP 2.5” x 5” Saxon 142-1. 192-1, 202-1, 212-1, 222-1, 232-1, 242-1, 247-1, 252-1, 257-1, 262-1

hand balance 45 minutes 40% smoother than one week ago 

• Like 1

orange fat gripz double overhand deadlift 225-1, 275-1, 295-1, 305-1-3 

hand stand practice 40 minutes moving so much smoother then 1 week ago. 

• Like 1

45 minutes hand balancing. 

• Like 1

The handstand practice looks so damn cool. And hard! 

• Thanks 1

4 days off lifting and tons of sleep Friday/Saturday. Body weight 212 lb

orange fatgripz double overhand deadlift 

225-1, 275-1, 295-1, 305-1, 310-1, 315-1-3 feeling good

single arm hang on blue fatgripz 35 lb plate curl 3-2 L right side just a few with 25 plate 

Can you do this? I’ve only seen Sully and Darrin do a hanging rep of any weight (Sully hanging at 270 lb bw!) The fatgripz hang I performed double overhand but if you use a monkey grip that’s cool. I find it a supremely challenging feat when done this way. I would love to see who can do this

hollow hand stand practice 30 minutes. Body is remembering to be light as a feather, stiff as a board. 

Can you hold a handstand? It’s become over the years my favorite total body strength & coordination skill. 

• Like 3

Very impressive Fatgripz lifts. You do conventional up to max weight and swap to semi sumo. Howcome? 

I have to try the hanging next workout. I will be very very surprised if I manage to even hang :D 

• Like 1

hand balancing for 45 minutes at the edge. 

16 hours ago, Lennix said:

Very impressive Fatgripz lifts. You do conventional up to max weight and swap to semi sumo. Howcome? 

Thom I find my leverage for torsion changes during the workout. Some days I get good wrist angles with a wider grip some with narrow. My best fatbar lifts all in the semi sumo position but surprisingly my best saxon lifts on all 5 bars I own was conventional. 

I recommend adjusting grips throughout and seeing what happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

spent 3 days in Babylon. Returned late and was able to sleep in a little. 1/2 day at work. Lift at the edge in the evening 

blue fatgripz 225-1, 315-1-3, 335-1, 355-1, 365-1, 375-1

orange fatgripz 225-1-3, 275-1, 285-1, 295-1, 305-1

2.5” x 5” Saxon 143-1, 193-1, 213-1, 233-1, 243-1, 248-1, 253-1, 258-1-3, 263-1, 268-1, 273-1

2” x 5” Saxon 226-1-5, 275-1-3 felt not so great thin 

3” x 4” Saxon 143-1, 193-1, 203-1, 213-1, 223-1, 233-1, 243-1, 248-1-3, 253-1-2

thumbless doh axle 305-1, 325-1, 345-1, 355-1 

hand balance 20 minutes  

morning hand balancing practice 60 minutes.

Edited by AdamTGlass

practice with Robert Nejedly & Tanner Merkle at the Edge. Body weight 211 lb

Orange fatgripz 225-1, 275-1, 295-1, 315-1, 320-miss at hip 

3” x 4” Saxon 143-1, 193-1, 233-1, 243-1, 248-1, 253- miss

inch Dumbbell thumbless and overhand lifts for a few minutes in drive way    

• Like 2

On equipment 

the group of us who lift together weekly laugh at the geekiness of the dozens of handles we lift on. At any given moment there is something like 30 world champion record holders. Hey it’s fun. I’ve lifted on a bunch of handles at a bunch of contests...but how many do you need to get competitive? 

As i begin heres the deal. I’m not talking about saving money. I’m talking about spending time. If you want to use your hard earned dollar to buy every handle on the market because that’s what you like than rock on 👍👍👍👍

im about to rap on what you may or may not need to get better month by month. 

Over this year I found that with access to dozens of equipment options I lifted on 3 particular bars 90% more than all the others. 

The three you need- If you want to have a kick ass grip for ArmLiftingUSA, GSI, any of the European leagues or and strength sport 

— double overhand lifts using a fatbar Best option for anyone is Blue Fatgripz. Best option for someone wanting to ever do well in competition the 2” Ironmind axle. You can stop reading here if you’re a show me the 1 thing to get better now guy. 

Double overhand deadlift, clean, row, snatch, press, pull up, farmer walk, get up, bent press- the list goes on. One or two hands a 2” bar or greater plus weight on said bar equals strength 

— some kind of Saxon style pinch set up. In the trunk of my car at any given day is 12 different pinch grip handles, plus the 5 Saxon bars at my gym. I have found the barbell style pinch set up superior to the top loading plate pin set up. I believe the Saxon bar more interesting than the Euro- I crush it on both sets up but I’m certain Saxon better for overall power.  One and two hand pinch lifts on these bars allow precision loading and programming with tremendous options for movement. The top loading pinch set up is far limited in practical application of full body training. 

The the final of the 3 is a thick diameter spinning handle. Used for single hand deadlifts (best overall exercise imo) they fight all fingers and thumb plus wrist. In a standard commercial gym you can get fine results putting your blue fatgripz on a typical cable cross over station “D” handle which usually is a 1” spinning handle. 

I’ve kept this log accurately for the better part of the year. You will plainly see what I’m lifting and what the long term results. It certainly hasn’t sucked to reap the reward. 

Grippers - only gets better when doing the specific gripper. Doesn’t translate particularly well to much else. I hope you get the bug but I hope you get the cure too 

any handle where the record is under 100 lb - you are trash kill it with fire. Weird little grips where 1 kg jump separates wr from everyone else - stop hosting these. 

I don’t care much for events that pay off low in the time invested vs overall benefit. Stub life for real but not if you actually want to ever say add muscle or get a stronger back. There’s a 100 ways to show you’re a grip master but don’t think that the best hub lift is anything compared up the heaviest axle pull. The strongest axle lifters historically rock on all Grip challenges it’s no accident. 

In closing get a $40 pair of slip on grips and a Saxon bar. Lift that for 1 year and be amazed. I own equipment from a number of companies and much of it is excellent but in my hands typically Ironmind axle, fat bastard Saxon and fatgripz. Super useful

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

On equipment 

the group of us who lift together weekly laugh at the geekiness of the dozens of handles we lift on. At any given moment there is something like 30 world champion record holders. Hey it’s fun. I’ve lifted on a bunch of handles at a bunch of contests...but how many do you need to get competitive? 

As i begin heres the deal. I’m not talking about saving money. I’m talking about spending time. If you want to use your hard earned dollar to buy every handle on the market because that’s what you like than rock on 👍👍👍👍

Over this year I found that with access to dozens of equipment options I lifted on 3 particular bars 90% more than all the others. 

The three you need- If you want to have a kick ass grip for ArmLiftingUSA, GSI, any of the European leagues or and strength sport 

— double overhand lifts using a fatbar Best option for anyone is Blue Fatgripz. Best option for someone wanting to ever do well in competition the 2” Ironmind axle. You can stop reading here if you’re a show me the 1 thing to get better now guy. 

Double overhand deadlift, clean, row, snatch, press, pull up, farmer walk, get up, bent press- the list goes on. One or two hands a 2” bar or greater plus weight on said bar equals strength 

— some kind of Saxon style pinch set up. In the trunk of my car at any given day is 12 different pinch grip handles, plus the 5 Saxon bars at my gym. I have found the barbell style pinch set up superior to the top loading plate pin set up. I believe the Saxon bar more interesting than the Euro- I crush it on both sets up but I’m certain Saxon better for overall power.  One and two hand pinch lifts on these bars allow precision loading and programming with tremendous options for movement. The top loading pinch set up is far limited in practical application of full body training. 

The the final of the 3 is a thick diameter spinning handle. Used for single hand deadlifts (best overall exercise imo) they fight all fingers and thumb plus wrist. In a standard commercial gym you can get fine results putting your blue fatgripz on a typical cable cross over station “D” handle which usually is a 1” spinning handle. 

I’ve kept this log accurately for the better part of the year. You will plainly see what I’m lifting and what the long term results. It certainly hasn’t sucked to reap the reward. 

Grippers - only gets better when doing the specific gripper. Doesn’t translate particularly well to much else. I hope you get the bug but I hope you get the cure too 

any handle where the record is under 100 lb - you are trash kill it with fire. Weird little grips where 1 kg jump separates wr from everyone else - stop hosting these. 

I don’t care much for events that pay off low in the time invested vs overall benefit. Stub life for real but not if you actually want to ever say add muscle or get a stronger back. There’s a 100 ways to show you’re a grip master but don’t think that the best hub lift is anything compared up the heaviest axle pull. The strongest axle lifters historically rock on all Grip challenges it’s no accident. 

In closing get a $40 pair of slip on grips and a Saxon bar. Lift that for 1 year and be amazed. I own equipment from a number of companies and much of it is excellent but in my hands typically Ironmind axle, fat bastard Saxon and fatgripz. Super useful

Yes To all of this, and I’m so tired of the stupid gimmicky little lifts That constantly come out that no one cares about And are a waste of training time, Stick to the meat and potatoes lifts, 

6 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

On equipment 

I disagree with you saying stop lifting the little grip lifts under 100lbs. Why stop? Because Adam Glass says so? LMAO. NOBODY says the smaller lifts are equal in importance to axle, flask, etc nor do people suggest doing them solely will get you a great base of grip strength. However, the guys who lift well on the smaller lifts(fun lifts)can kick freakin ass on many other lifts. You don’t mention anything about sledge training- more to strong wrists than wrist flexion. How boring if everyone lifted axle, Saxon and some shitty inconsistent RT handle. 👍 part of anything in life is trying new things and having fun instead of same after same. 

34 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I disagree with you saying stop lifting the little grip lifts under 100lbs. Why stop? Because Adam Glass says so? LMAO. NOBODY says the smaller lifts are equal in importance to axle, flask, etc nor do people suggest doing them solely will get you a great base of grip strength. However, the guys who lift well on the smaller lifts(fun lifts)can kick freakin ass on many other lifts. You don’t mention anything about sledge training- more to strong wrists than wrist flexion. How boring if everyone lifted axle, Saxon and some shitty inconsistent RT handle. 👍 part of anything in life is trying new things and having fun instead of same after same. 

Yes, he forgot sledging. But for the most part, I agree with him and have always said that about the little gimmicky lifts and how a new one seems to come out every comp that one must purchase . It’s cool if someone wants to do them, no doubt, but in my opinion for a competition it isn’t as exciting as something bigger like a Saxon, axle, vertical bar etc, especially to the general public to come and spectate. Everyone has there opinion and yes it’s about fun for sure, but I myself also would rather do lifts that maximize my time and energy for most “bang for the buck” as time is limited to train. No one is taking anything away from those who love these lifts. I can’t speak for Adam, but I would do not think he is as well. My take was he was saying “minimum things that cause the greatest bang for the buck”. Correct me if I’m Wrong , Adam.

Joe. 

Also, would never endorse the RT as a choice for rolling handle. 🤪

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

I really enjoy the Griptopz (plus I think that David Horne is the coolest guy) and I will continue to lift the stub and half-penny, etc. but I don't think that they are making me an all around good grip guy. I enjoy the fact that there are a lot of different implements and feats to pursue in the grip world - it certainly keeps it fun. Narrowing my focus to thick handles of various types, however, would do a lot more for my overall hand strength.

15 minutes ago, terminal said:

I really enjoy the Griptopz (plus I think that David Horne is the coolest guy) and I will continue to lift the stub and half-penny, etc. but I don't think that they are making me an all around good grip guy. I enjoy the fact that there are a lot of different implements and feats to pursue in the grip world - it certainly keeps it fun. Narrowing my focus to thick handles of various types, however, would do a lot more for my overall hand strength.

I agree with everything you posted. Obviously, KP or other small lifts are NOT foundational grip lifts-99.5% understand that. I do them for fun with family and at certain times I will train a certain lift with seriousness. I enjoy grippers and really like watching massive closes by the best. 

• Like 1