Adam T Glass training log

AdamTGlass

I compete in Arm Lifting and grip sport. 

Currently lifting in 100 kg and 105 kg. Weight this week is 94.3 kg. 

Team practice is every Sunday (Saginaw Texas) 

double overhand axle (IM)

303 x 1, 353 x 1, 393 x 1, 423 x 1, 440 x 1, 445 miss above the knee, 403 x 6 

Saxon

233 x 1, 253 x 1, 263 x 1, 268 x 1, 273 x 1

2 & 3/8” single hand lift 

231 x 1/1, 241 x 1/1, 261 x 1/1, 271 x 1/1, 281 x 1/1 

Finnish Ball

55 x 1/1, 60 x 1/1, 65 x 1/1, 68.5 x 1 righty, 70 x1 righty, 75 x 1 righty, 80 x 1 righty 

Inch Dumbbell stunts with Tanner. Held left hand 19 seconds right hand 20 seconds. Several successful hand to hand throw & catch 

drank too many Revolvers and are too many chicken legs 

————————-

Today short session after work 

blue Fatgripz 

315 x 1, 365 x 1, 385 x 1, 400 x 1, 405 x 1, 415 x 0

orange Fatgripz 

315 x 1, 325 x 1, 330 x 1, 335 x 1, 340 x missed lockout but above the knee

2.5” Saxon 

233 x 1, 253 x 1, 263 x 1, 268 x 1, 273 x 1, 278 x 1, 283 miss but off the floor 3 times 

Single arm curl

75 x 1 x 8

80 x 1 x 3

85 x 1 x 2

90 x 1 lefty

hanging leg raise 

1 set x 35 

Edited by AdamTGlass
Figuring out the post interface
  • Like 15

We are organizing events now in dfw and I think it will be good to be able in to inform those who want to come out and play 

Ayy watchoo doing out of YouTube land, Adam!  Maybe I’ll start a log too...

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Ayy watchoo doing out of YouTube land, Adam!  Maybe I’ll start a log too...

Do it simply because the incredibleness must be documented 

people have no clue how absolutely dominant Tanners Grip is. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

Maybe I’ll start a log too...

I dare you too! 

• Like 1

Very good to see you back Adam!!!  Your overall grip strength is mind blowing.  I also like watching your videos (especially Axle) because you just chalk up, walk up, and lift.  No loud yelling or antics.  Just workman-like lifting and huge strength. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bencrush said:

Very good to see you back Adam!!!  Your overall grip strength is mind blowing.  I also like watching your videos (especially Axle) because you just chalk up, walk up, and lift.  No loud yelling or antics.  Just workman-like lifting and huge strength. 

Ben I want to get up to an all round meet and lift with you guys. I’m in Fort Worth now so I’m thinking 7-8 hours from Kansas

• Like 1

unloaded inventory for 5 hours huge delivery. 

Afternoon session with Mike & Jodie Nelson

FBBC 2.5 Saxon 

231 x 1 x 3, 241 x 1, 251 x 1, 261 x 1, 266 x 1 x 3.

ironmind axle DOH 

353 x 1, 393 x 1, 433 x 1

FBBC 2” vbar 

250 x 1/1, 275 x 1/1, 295 x 1/1, 305 x 1/1

goofy Arnold press machine 100 x 15, 15, 15

hand X band 20/20 x 5

in the month of April I have lifted over 395 on axle and over 250 on Saxon every single session. 

• Like 4

Hi Adam, you don't know me, but I followed you throughout the years and I'm very glad to see you back grippin stuff! And very cool you started a log in this completely obscure corner of the internet. 😜👍

• Like 2

Following this fo sho! I am brand new to the world of grip, but live in DFW as well and would love to come out some Sunday soon to lift with some of the best in the game. I've already reached out to Tanner on social media. Looking forward to learning from you guys!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dbramb said:

Following this fo sho! I am brand new to the world of grip, but live in DFW as well and would love to come out some Sunday soon to lift with some of the best in the game. I've already reached out to Tanner on social media. Looking forward to learning from you guys!

The fire rises 🔥

we typically meet meet at The Edge Fitness Center in Saginaw/north Fort Worth (820W/35W) or the Fort Worth Metroflex (35W/20w) on Sunday’s at 2 pm. 

Lifting / Arm wrestling / steel bending / drinking / bbq & Toxic Masculinity 

if you want to test your might there is a contest this year at the Dallas Europa expo hosted by Clay Edgin first weekend of June, a contest at the MF on the 23rd of June, and an Austin meet up end of August. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

The fire rises 🔥

we typically meet meet at The Edge Fitness Center in Saginaw/north Fort Worth (820W/35W) or the Fort Worth Metroflex (35W/20w) on Sunday’s at 2 pm. 

Lifting / Arm wrestling / steel bending / drinking / bbq & Toxic Masculinity 

if you want to test your might there is a contest this year at the Dallas Europa expo hosted by Clay Edgin first weekend of June, a contest at the MF on the 23rd of June, and an Austin meet up end of August. 

Bad ass! Thanks for the info and I will try to make it out the 3rd Sunday of this month. Have the Strongfirst Tactical Strength Challenge tomorrow and will be visiting my sister-in-law in Colorado the following week. I'd like to train with you guys and get some serious pointers before I dive into any comps.

• Like 1

2/5/19-5/5/19

taught workshops in Minneapolis all weekend. No actual training sessions for me but many demonstrations and hours on feet. Having 4 days off I’m looking for big lifts on 6/5/19 

Adam, since you train your grip very frequently and very aggressive, I gotta ask you, what's your recovery protocol? What methods do you use to recover from session to session? Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Adam, since you train your grip very frequently and very aggressive, I gotta ask you, what's your recovery protocol? What methods do you use to recover from session to session? Thank you in advance!

I think quality of sleep and total quantity per week is extremely important. Learn everything you can about how you can maximize whatever time you have to sleep. 

you have to master regulating your  emotions and stress. Stress management in your life is the real master key to fitness gain. You can do everything right in the gym but if you’re always walking the line of having a heart attack from stress you’ll never realize your potential. If you have continuous anxiety it will slow you down. If you’re always angry at everyone with high blood pressure it will kill your progress. 

anxiety, fear, doubt, impatience, resentment, hate,pride,  unforgiveness- these things kill your gains more than any bad diet. 

+++ ^ note this is my method and my mindset this is not to stir up a pointless argument on my training log so save it if you don’t agree or whatever ***

my weekly nutrition is meat, veggies, (I like fruit but in practice I don’t consume much at all) and some limited breads. I do not eat dairy products. Most days I eat a small breakfast, skip lunch, have a small snack in midday and a huge dinner. 

I use weekly the hand X band, a finger massager (thanks Tanner💪) I stretch daily, work mobility drills daily, and hang in gravity boots 5-6 days a week. 

I like hot soaks with salts. I often soak my hands & feet before bed. 

How I train is a huge consideration. It doesn’t look like what most people would assume. I do lift heavy but I do so in low effort. I “don’t try” when I lift. All of you probably train much “harder” that I do. Unfortunately the results of the people I have competed against now for years leads me to believe training hard and trying hard doesn’t matter much. It is more important to work within limits and balance your tissue as you continue to gain. 

Dont try hard, do right. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AdamTGlass said:

I think quality of sleep and total quantity per week is extremely important. Learn everything you can about how you can maximize whatever time you have to sleep. 

you have to master regulating your  emotions and stress. Stress management in your life is the real master key to fitness gain. You can do everything right in the gym but if you’re always walking the line of having a heart attack from stress you’ll never realize your potential. If you have continuous anxiety it will slow you down. If you’re always angry at everyone with high blood pressure it will kill your progress. 

anxiety, fear, doubt, impatience, resentment, hate,pride,  unforgiveness- these things kill your gains more than any bad diet. 

+++ ^ note this is my method and my mindset this is not to stir up a pointless argument on my training log so save it if you don’t agree or whatever ***

my weekly nutrition is meat, veggies, (I like fruit but in practice I don’t consume much at all) and some limited breads. I do not eat dairy products. Most days I eat a small breakfast, skip lunch, have a small snack in midday and a huge dinner. 

I use weekly the hand X band, a finger massager (thanks Tanner💪) I stretch daily, work mobility drills daily, and hang in gravity boots 5-6 days a week. 

How I train is a huge consideration. It doesn’t look like what most people would assume. I do lift heavy but I do so in low effort. I “don’t try” when I lift. All of you probably train much “harder” that I do. Unfortunately the results of the people I have competed against now for years leads me to believe training hard and trying hard doesn’t matter much. It is more important to work within limits and balance your tissue as you continue to gain. 

Dont try hard, do right. 

Thank you for a very detailed answer Adam! I'm not under stress, so that's a good thing. And I understand you perfectly when you say that you train with low effort, I've never seen you get emotional when lifting or trying too hard, at least on youtube, everything seems pretty easy for you, you probably unleash the beast on the contests. 

6/5/19

body weight 207 lb

double overhand Axle 

305-1, 395-1, 445-1, 450 to the knee, 425-1, 395-4

two hand pinch 2.5 fbbc Saxon 

233-1, 253-1, 273-1, 253-1-15 PR volume@253

rolling thunder on competition handle 

185-1/1, 190-1/1, 195-1/1, 200-1/1, 205-1/1, 210-1/1, 215-1/1, 220-1/1-3 

bench 

225-5-3, 245-3, 265-3, 275-1, 295-1-3

table curl 

80-3/3, 90-3/3, 100-1/1-3

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AdamTGlass said:

Dont try hard, do right. 

Adam, thanks for all of that detailed info. Very informative. 

7/5/19 

full delivery both trucks huge. unload in 4 hours

session @ The Edge 

3” axle doh 225-1, 275-1, 295-1-5

stuck handle 185-1/1, 230-1/1, 255-1/1-3

hollow back handstand 10 minutes entry position. Several solid holds with hip beyond hands far. 

Table curl 80-3/3, 90 1/1-4

hammer curl with blue grip 50-5/5/-3

• Thanks 1

9/5/19 

body weight 208 lb 

double overhand axle 

305-1, 355-1, 395-1, 430-1, 440-1-2, 375-2

2.5” Saxon 

233-1, 253-1, 263-1, 268-1, 272-1-3, 233-6

Finball 

55-5/5-5

table curl

75-3/3, 90-3/3, 100-1/1, 105-1/1, 85-3/3-3

• Like 5

12/5/19

lifted with Eric at the Edge 

doh axle

305-1,355-1,395-1,435-1,420-3,400-5

saxon 2.5”

143-1, 193-1, 228-1, 233-1, 253-1, 273-1, 233-3

bench press 

225-3, 275-2, 305-1, 315-1, 320-miss 

table curl

75-3/3, 95-1/1, 110-1/1, 95-2/2 

tendons sore AF 

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Thanks 1

14/5/19

unloaded two trucks this morning. Arms sore from sacks and boxes. 

Afternoon session 

DOH Axle 

305-1, 395-1, 430-1, 440-1, 450 off the floor to knee 

2.5 Saxon 

233-1, 253-1, 263-1, 268-1, 273-1, 278-1, 283 off the floor to knee 

Rolling thunder competitor handle 

185-1/1, 210-1/1, 215-1/1-3

table curl 

80-2/2, 95-1/1-3

handstands several minutes, push ups, leg raises, sissy squats 10 minutes moving around 

bicep tendons very sore this week. 

Axle & Saxon trending nicely. Almost every session I’m taking lifts at 420-430 doh and 253-273 Saxon. I fully anticipate going in to the end of 2019 to hit 300+ Saxon and 470+ axle lifts weekly. 

Can’t find my silver bullet, I’m guessing it’s in Tanners gym bag. I ordered a new one + 2.5 coc should arrive by Thursday. 

Next contests 

- Europa 9 June in Dallas, Show of Hands 23 June Fort Worth, BoneHill 16 August in Finland,  Legends in Sept Ohio. Worlds Axle & RT L.A. 2020.

Edited by AdamTGlass
  • Like 2