CoC #2.5 - 20 TNS reps / CHALLENGE

MarcoBuhl

new challenge! Give it a try and jump on the list.

1. Gabriel Sum - 09.10.2010
2. Marco Buhl - 20.03.2018
3. David Shamey 04.07.2019 (21reps)

continous reps. No big rest between the reps.

Edited by MarcoBuhl
headline
  • Like 8

MWA HA HA HA!!!  I am immensely proud that I can do ONE TNS rep with a 2.5, but unless I have unlimited time, I am not doing 20 in a row.  And seeing as there are only two people on this list, I think maybe it is not all that easy lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Vano has done 50 reps...

yes, in about 10 minutes. That's why i wrote continous :)

8 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

I wonder if Nathan can do more than 100

i don't think he can do this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcoBuhl said:

yes, in about 10 minutes. That's why i wrote continous :)

i don't think he can do this.

Ok but to be fair it's not all "TNS" closes in videos. It's a no set. Part of the challenge should be to set it with one hand on each repetition. Otherwise what's the point calling it "Table No Set"?

Better to call it for what it is.

13 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Ok but to be fair it's not all "TNS" closes in videos. It's a no set. Part of the challenge should be to set it with one hand on each repetition. Otherwise what's the point calling it "Table No Set"?

I think big Joe is the only person I've seen who actually does TNS reps and sets it down and picks it up from the table each time. 

25 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

😫 really dude? Nobody writes NS. maybe No sets. But everybody knows what it means.

11 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I think big Joe is the only person I've seen who actually does TNS reps and sets it down and picks it up from the table each time. 

That's boring and easier beacause of the rest. Ask Big Joe who showed him correct TNS or NS technique 😄

cherry picking... always the same

59 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Of course he's not the only one who does that.

42 minutes ago, MarcoBuhl said:

😫 really dude? Nobody writes NS. maybe No sets. But everybody knows what it means.

That's boring and easier beacause of the rest. Ask Big Joe who showed him correct TNS or NS technique 😄

Yes since you're picky, I'm going to be picky as well :) 

5 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I am the only one I have seen that does that. Would love to see more do it that way. Place it down and pick it up each rep with the gripping hand only. Also, unbelievable MARCO! Your flipping the gripper each rep is visually appealing and very difficult!

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Of course he's not the only one who does that.

Yes since you're picky, I'm going to be picky as well :) 

I have not seen anyone put it down and pick it up over and over for TNS... not saying there aren’t any that do, but I have not seen it. I just feel special being mentioned in any thread with @MarcoBuhl 😂

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, MarcoBuhl said:

I don’t recall us discussing grippers, but I do appreciate your tip on doing my hammers to the side rather than to  the front. That I do remember! I tell this to everyone I see doing front ways... and I always let them know it was you that gave me that advice. So happy I listened!! 😉

Edited by Guest

Great feat! With full respect to Gabriel Sum (King of TNS) - yours closes much impressive. Just from opened box - gripper harder then seasoning. 

Wow, that's super impressive Marco. Really inspiring. What's your best tips on getting better TNSing? 

On 4/27/2019 at 8:27 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Oh please. He closes it without any assistance from his off hand AND twists the gripper each rep. That's even harder than picking it up from a table... semantics.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, MarcoBuhl said:

new challenge! Give it a try and jump on the list.

1. Gabriel Sum - 09.10.2010
2. Marco Buhl - 20.03.2018
3. ?

continous reps. No big rest between the reps.

VERY impressive Marco. Insane gripper strength/endurance.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Royz said:

Oh please. He closes it without any assistance from his off hand AND twists the gripper each rep. That's even harder than picking it up from a table... semantics.

That is WAAYAYYY harder is RIGHT! Flipping it in the hands.... TOTALLY!!

On 4/28/2019 at 2:40 AM, Joseph Sullivan said:

I have not seen anyone put it down and pick it up over and over for TNS... not saying there aren’t any that do, but I have not seen it. I just feel special being mentioned in any thread with @MarcoBuhl 😂

As I said, Vano has done 50 reps this way with a #2.5.

50 > 20, doesn't matter if reps are done in 2 minutes or 10 minutes.

Rules are ambiguous in this challenge. Use a time limit or don't use the "Table No Set" terminology. That's my suggestion.

10 hours ago, Griparn said:

Impressive! How close are you from CCS #3.5 Marco?

Thanks! NOW far away. 😞 But at that 2.5 time i closed it CCS 2 times. Also a few mms reps. I will get there again...

8 hours ago, Lennix said:

Wow, that's super impressive Marco. Really inspiring. What's your best tips on getting better TNSing? 

Thanks Lennix. I think the only tip is to do often NO SET closes. (be careful by using the TNS letters) :) I always did one workout with TNS and one workout with MMS. CCS only a few weeks before the Ironmind Cert. IMPORTANT: choose a TNS gripper you can close. because always TRY to close is not good. 

5 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That is WAAYAYYY harder is RIGHT! Flipping it in the hands.... TOTALLY!!

just flippin and grippin and flippin... :)

5 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

As I said, Vano has done 50 reps this way with a #2.5.

50 > 20, doesn't matter if reps are done in 2 minutes or 10 minutes.

Rules are ambiguous in this challenge. Use a time limit or don't use the "Table No Set" terminology. That's my suggestion.

i think everybody understand your position now. I'm the EL JEFE of this challenge - so i make the rules or not :) just do approximately continous reps - that's ok.

btw.: 20 is enough ;)

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

I did most of my TNS reps (or huge bunches of singles) that way in the past.  Over 15 years ago at this point.  I usually didn't do that for videos since it tends to get pretty boring though, lol.   

As a matter of interest I tried Marco's challange.
And I failed. 😀
I can do only 17 reps.
Tough challenge.
Around 12-13 reps I cant feel my middle fingers.
I can't remember when I did more than 3 reps with grippers. 😃
I'll start training little higher frequency with grippers, after few months maybe I can do 20 reps, and make a proper video.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zs242 said:

As a matter of interest I tried Marco's challange.
And I failed. 😀
I can do only 17 reps.
Tough challenge.
Around 12-13 reps I cant feel my middle fingers.
I can't remember when I did more than 3 reps with grippers. 😃
I'll start training little higher frequency with grippers, after few months maybe I can do 20 reps, and make a proper video.

great stuff, brother! Thank's for jumping in! Yes, It is really hard after 13 reps. Nice flippin, too!

Grip On!
Marco

Thank you Marco!

Great challange!

I’ll keep trying!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, zs242 said:

Thank you Marco!

Great challange!

I’ll keep trying!

you are on the list, soon!

• 1 month later...