2h pinch question

Aleksandar Milosevic

Hey guys, since this is my only way of training 2h pinch right now, how would you say this would compare to the Saxon bar, since I am able to tilt it. It's a 2" piece of aluminum beam.

Do you think I would benefit more if the implement wasn't tilted or not? I am thinking about drilling a hole in it, so I can attach it directly to the loading pin, so it's almost a single object.

Edit: The implement is very slick, it's not seasoned, since I don't bother with that. I only put chalk on my hands, but washed it off since it was even more slippery. 

Edited by Aleksandar Milosevic

It seems like the tilt is constant on that device with the chain that you have . On a Saxon bar, as the weight gets heavier, the tilt gets less as you lift it up to lockout, at least that’s how it seems when I lift a Saxon . 

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It seems like the tilt is constant on that device with the chain that you have . On a Saxon bar, as the weight gets heavier, the tilt gets less as you lift it up to lockout, at least that’s how it seems when I lift a Saxon . 

Yeah, the device is tilted constantly without my effort. I'm probably gonna do the thing I described, drill it and fix it to the loading pin so it's completely straight every time, but use this method for overloading, since I can use more weight (probably).

37 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Yeah, the device is tilted constantly without my effort. I'm probably gonna do the thing I described, drill it and fix it to the loading pin so it's completely straight every time, but use this method for overloading, since I can use more weight (probably).

Good idea.

You could just drill a hole in the bottom and attach an eye bolt. Then you can attach it straight to the loading pin with a caribiner.  If you place it directly in the center, it will eliminate the constant tilt.  If you wanted to make it less slippery and hold chalk without a ton of texture to it, you could spray it with Rustoleum Truck Bed coating.  It will feel like seasoned steel and will hold chalk.  It's not super rough like textured paint and gives a pretty good approximation to that real steel feel.  It's like $6 at Home Depot.  Voila!  Awesome 50mm pinch block for $10 or less.  :D

b01695d4-bc2b-4cb8-bb17-91540190e919_1_2a026b6d9ad15938e75f0b9850cbea73.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You could just drill a hole in the bottom and attach an eye bolt. Then you can attach it straight to the loading pin with a caribiner.  If you place it directly in the center, it will eliminate the constant tilt.  If you wanted to make it less slippery and hold chalk without a ton of texture to it, you could spray it with Rustoleum Truck Bed coating.  It will feel like seasoned steel and will hold chalk.  It's not super rough like textured paint and gives a pretty good approximation to that real steel feel.  It's like $6 at Home Depot.  Voila!  Awesome 50mm pinch block for $10 or less.  :D

Thanks Mike, the thing is that I'm not in the US, and I don't think there's like 10 trucks total in my country :D  I'm probably gonna make two implements from this one, since it's long, one that will have an eye bolt, and one that's gonna be fixed to the loading pin. But I'm trying to make something similar to a Napalm's nightmare and pinch blocks for it, that should simulate the Saxon bar feel, at least to some degree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Thanks Mike, the thing is that I'm not in the US, and I don't think there's like 10 trucks total in my country :D  I'm probably gonna make two implements from this one, since it's long, one that will have an eye bolt, and one that's gonna be fixed to the loading pin. But I'm trying to make something similar to a Napalm's nightmare and pinch blocks for it, that should simulate the Saxon bar feel, at least to some degree. 

What country are you in that doesn’t have trucks?

I'm in Serbia, but I'm talking about the truck type that's on the can :D We call them pick-up trucks. In the US every 2nd car I've saw was a truck. They are really uncommon in Europe in general.

15 hours ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Oh...

In that case, the solution is going to cost a bit more.  The first thing you have to do is... buy a pickup truck.  :D 

• Haha 2

In all seriousness though, I bet there is something similar in Serbia.  Or maybe Amazon is an option?  Good luck!

There probably is, I just don't see an issue with the bare aluminum at this point, what works the best for me is putting chalk on my hands, than washing it off. I don't know if that's against the rules or something, but it makes my hands stick. 

About the pick-up issue :D If I lived in the US I'd get a pick-up asap, they are great.

Whatever works!  No rules against bare skin.