Brian Shaw Lifts Millennium Dumbbell!

Bill Piche

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

I don't know, maybe people are just jealous because he's a successfull athlete?

In my opinion this lift is the most impressive thick bar lift I've ever seen and one of the most impressive grip feats I've seen.

I would say:

Nathan Holle CCS COC#4
Laine Snook double MDB lift 
Brian Shaw MDB with no tilt

That's my top 3 so far.

I’m sure every single strength athlete  on the planet is “jealous” or wants to be stronger or as strong as someone stronger than them. That’s why we do what we do, no? That’s part of the motivation, to  be as strong as we can be and being stronger than others is the icing on the cake. But to say people are jealous because they aren’t “as” impressed when a worlds strongest man does something may be a little bit of a stretch... that’s the first thing people say when someone says something to the sound of “not being as impressed”. Sure it’s impresssive, as most have said in previous posts, but not quite as impressive since massive amounts of gear are involved, does it for a full time job and is 6’9 440. Anyone that says those factors don’t come into play is really not taking them into account I guess.

But at the end of the day... MASSIVE LIFT.... no matter who don’t it. Even if it was done by a grizzly 😉🤡☺️

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

Idk man. I'd agree for an inch DB but the millennium is a whole other level. Thor (based off being unable to lift his own challenge bell

Isn't his dumbbell 119 kg?

2 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Not trying to stir the pot here but I’ve seen you make several comments like this and I’m genuinely curious who all these self proclaimed best gripsters are, that you keep alluding to. Can you drop names?

Tykalov, some from Russia, Europe, the USA. I don't want to make them more popular than they deserve. If you want to know details - will try to list their names privately

• Like 1

Impressive! Isn’t there a challenge dumbbell at 300lb. You have to lift out of a crate? I think Brian can have a really good shot at it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stanislav said:

Tykalov, some from Russia, Europe, the USA. I don't want to make them more popular than they deserve. If you want to know details - will try to list their names privately

Fair enough. I appreciate the response. 👍🏼🙌🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

It has a 50 mm handle. 

129 kg - a bit heavier than Original Cyr  DB

3 hours ago, Stanislav said:

Thats such a cop out. 

Its along the lines of “A magician never reveals his secrets”  Dont boast a guys feats then turn around and not drop a name in public like they are some covert group. 

3 hours ago, slazbob said:

Impressive! Isn’t there a challenge dumbbell at 300lb. You have to lift out of a crate? I think Brian can have a really good shot at it.

Henry Bell I believe. The stipulation is if you lift the bell without touching the sides and put down under control you get a huge  cash prize. Atleast thats how I understand it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Thats such a cop out. 

Its along the lines of “A magician never reveals his secrets”  Dont boast a guys feats then turn around and not drop a name in public like they are some covert group. . 

Listen, I wrote all abundantly clear, only hard hard hard work will help you to escape from heavy thoughts in your head which are pressing you down

5 hours ago, Stanislav said:

Listen, I wrote all abundantly clear, only hard hard hard work will help you to escape from heavy thoughts in your head which are pressing you down

Only thing clear is you consistently hype folk you fail to name in public.  But whatever 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Absolutely amazing! Somebody give the man a #4 already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balal said:

Absolutely amazing! Somebody give the man a #4 already.

He'd need some dedicated training to close it I'm guessing.  He actually failed to cert on the 3.5 before.  Admittedly that was like 7 years ago and he wasn't nearly as strong as he is now but I doubt he could credit card close a 4 right now.

18 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

In my opinion this lift is the most impressive thick bar lift I've ever seen and one of the most impressive grip feats I've seen.

I would say:

Nathan Holle CCS COC#4

That's my top 3 so far.

His suitcase style is impressive. But in the photo / screenshot at the top of the page it looks like it's coming up tilted to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, slazbob said:

Mark Henry's. 2.5-inmch handle.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mobsterone said:

His suitcase style is impressive. But in the photo / screenshot at the top of the page it looks like it's coming up tilted to me.

His first was perfectly easy and level 

• Like 1

Impressive lift! But is this a 100% replica? I mean I am not sure if the handles is 5" or 4". It should be 5". Mark Felix who has larger hands his hands doesn't fit quite well on the Millennium the way it did to Edwards and Brian.

On 4/19/2019 at 6:43 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

100% agree with this statement. But, here we go, this is gonna be a back and forth with no win, and possibly some folks calling”jealousy” to the ones that aren’t that impressed Everyone has an opinion, but the points made here are hard to refute. Let’s not go into the massive drugs being used aspect, as it will most likely shut down the conversation. He is the Worlds Strongest man, 6’9 440 and lifts for a living. It’s his full time job, and the things he does are incredible, but, I  am more impressed (grip wise) with  the people on here that are not 6’9 and 440 and have the full time jobs, like  already mentioned and are still achieving very notable things . 

That being said, anyone lifting the millennium bell is definitely strong beyond mere mortals and it is an amazing feat, no doubt about it, but , he is , THE WSM! 

But Brian trains his grip that's why. Hafthor is an inch taller and can't. He can lift the Inch now but not always. The Millennium bell is way harder. And Hafthor is the best strongman in the world right now.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:02 AM, Stanislav said:

Those who are speaking about weight and hand dimensions - firstly measure Brian's hands and then reach a decision. When Laine Snook Lifted MDB*7 reps too many thought he'd been owner of gigantic hands (in reality comparable to Jedd's hands with shorter thumbs), but I want to disappoint those envy gripsters, hands size defines potential in thick bar not result itself.
I can recall that Mr. Richard Sorin (True Grip Legend) was very impressed by Brian's grip strength when young Brian firstly had touched Inch and lifted it with no issues.
Nevertheless, the need to use banned substance as it's required to be champion in whatever Iron sport you are competing in, not limiting by Iron sport . Brian is a freak of nature with the strong passion, training dedication and philosophy. Full stop. 

And last but not least, train your ass off and stop playing smart, always seeking for the fake considerations.

Jedd measured with Laine and his was larger a bit. Here my hands and Laine's

On 4/20/2019 at 4:43 AM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Great lift by Brian! Suitcase style, not tilt. Brian is a grip guy in my book. Wasnt Brian into grip before he started professional strongman? Wasnt it Richard Sorin, who suggested Brian to try strongman? I dont remember it exactly… I don't understand the negativity here….

Not trying to be funny, but I didn't see a no tilt. He had his hands braced against the end of the bell. As for him on grip and WSM, I did a write up on that. Have a look 

On 4/20/2019 at 5:39 AM, Fist of Fury said:

I would say:

Nathan Holle CCS COC#4

That's my top 3 so far.

Lets be fair it was tilted. See Joel attempt it was straight but not a full lift. Also when Odd was the first man to lift it his first attempt was without a tilt and the second he tilt it s bit. See the video's.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:27 AM, DAVE101 said:

Isn't his dumbbell 119 kg?

Yeah but it's his press dumbbell.

23 hours ago, king crusher said:

That Thor bell is way heavier than the millennial bell. 128.9kg??!!

Yes but he doesn't deadlift it with out hand. It has 50MM and two hand clean it for a press. Only Kirill lifted it and it wasn't to lockout.

11 hours ago, Twirdman said:

He'd need some dedicated training to close it I'm guessing.  He actually failed to cert on the 3.5 before.  Admittedly that was like 7 years ago and he wasn't nearly as strong as he is now but I doubt he could credit card close a 4 right now.

It was pre 2010 in 2009 when rich williams got certed too on the same day with a different gripper. But Brian was more than 100 pounds lighter and much weaker.

8 hours ago, Stanislav said:

Kapman, what Stanislav is saying is other consider themselves grip gods when they didn't do what Brian is doing.

@Kashtan What happened to your YouTube channel? Why there are no videos?

• Like 1

Due to the arguments of some here, I have new standards on what I find impressive: 

Anybody under 51, weighs more than 270, is more genetically gifted than me, has hands larger than 8", doesn't have a full time job, isn't all natural, eats healthy, doesn't smoke or chew, or works out inside and not a shed in the back yard is not impressive to me, no matter what they accomplish. 

Yea, Brian won the genetic lottery when it comes to strength sports.  Yes, he isn't  a "natural" athlete.  Yes, this is still an extremely impressive feat because only a few men in history have ever done it.  He's an elite athlete.  We aren't. Get over it and enjoy the show!

• Like 6

Question:  has anyone that has been a lifetime clean athlete ever lifted the Millennium DB?  I'm guessing Laine has been, but don't know his entire history.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yea, Brian won the genetic lottery when it comes to strength sports.  Yes, he isn't  a "natural" athlete.  Yes, this is still an extremely impressive feat because only a few men in history have ever done it.  He's an elite athlete.  We aren't. Get over it and enjoy the show!

Which is why I posted it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Question:  has anyone that has been a lifetime clean athlete ever lifted the Millennium DB?  I'm guessing Laine has been, but don't know his entire history.  

It is on my lifetime list! I hope to be one of them 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

It is on my lifetime list! I hope to be one of them 

I think you have a definite shot!  If I were a betting man... oh wait, I am.  $50 says Tanner lifts it someday!

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I think you have a definite shot!  If I were a betting man... oh wait, I am.  $50 says Tanner lifts it someday!

I wouldn’t be surprised if his skinny  butt can’t lift it right now... or close to being able to. 🤡

@Alawadhi, I agree, we should be fair. None of those lifts (non-tilted) were full deadlifts.

Brian's lift was slightly tilted. Still the the most impressive lift I've seen of the MDB.

36 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

@Alawadhi, I agree, we should be fair. None of those lifts (non-tilted) were full deadlifts.

Brian's lift was slightly tilted. Still the the most impressive lift I've seen of the MDB.

Yep, hence my point being no one ever fully lifted it without a tilt.

In your views, is Brian's lift more impressive than this

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1