Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wannagrip

Brian Shaw Lifts Millennium Dumbbell!

Recommended Posts

Wannagrip

21:00 minutes into the video.

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChimpGrip
1 minute ago, Wannagrip said:

21:00 minutes into the video.

 

 

He smoked it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan

Definitely not surprised at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar Milosevic

At this point, it's not impressive to me when a 6'8, 440 lb man does something strenght-wise...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopefully
32 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

At this point, it's not impressive to me when a 6'8, 440 lb man does something strenght-wise...

Agreed

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
56 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

At this point, it's not impressive to me when a 6'8, 440 lb man does something strenght-wise...

Same here. There’s nothing hand weight wise that a man like Shaw should not be able to lift. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
temmmeeee
54 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

At this point, it's not impressive to me when a 6'8, 440 lb man does something strenght-wise...

Idk man. I'd agree for an inch DB but the millennium is a whole other level. Thor (based off being unable to lift his own challenge bell), Mark Felix, and Eddie Hall can't lift it. Would it be way more impressive if a much smaller guy lifted it? Definitely. But I feel a feat of this proportion shouldn't be discredited due to size. Pretty sure Felix has hit 500+ axle so that gives you a perspective of how tough the MDB is. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stanislav
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

Idk man. I'd agree for an inch DB but the millennium is a whole other level. Thor (based off being unable to lift his own challenge bell), Mark Felix, and Eddie Hall can't lift it. Would it be way more impressive if a much smaller guy lifted it? Definitely. But I feel a feat of this proportion shouldn't be discredited due to size. Pretty sure Felix has hit 500+ axle so that gives you a perspective of how tough the MDB is. 

100 % Agree. Nevertheless weight and height - lifting MDB is an exceptional feat, doable for tiny minority on the planet. Brian, Mike Burke, Laine Snook, Steve (thick bar Daddy) + few other guys are way far in front of the rest gripsters who consider themselves to be like a "grip - Gods" on something odd and with no sense. I bet majority who are not impressed by Brian's performance are able to lift MDB with two hands and still have issues with lockout.  

Even Eddie said: "It's quite impressive". I'd reckon Eddie is aware what it is to lift MDB.

Edited by Stanislav
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kashtan

You absolutely right Stanislav.

Lift and hold Millennium - this a epic! 

Feats like a this - inspires! 

Brian Shaw - have got one from strongest grip on this planet, and bodyweight 440 lbs and titanic size not most important. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
devinhoo
52 minutes ago, Stanislav said:

100 % Agree. Nevertheless weight and height - lifting MDB is an exceptional feat, doable for tiny minority on the planet. Brian, Mike Burke, Laine Snook, Steve (thick bar Daddy) + few other guys are way far in front of the rest gripsters who consider themselves to be like a "grip - Gods" on something odd and with no sense. I bet majority who are not impressed by Brian's performance are able to lift MDB with two hands and still have issues with lockout.  

Even Eddie said: "It's quite impressive". I'd reckon Eddie is aware what it is to lift MDB.

Damn dude. Next level. He's not even playing the same game.

I don't know anything about Eddie Hall's grip strength, but it's pretty clear even he was blown away by this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury
33 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Damn dude. Next level. He's not even playing the same game.

I don't know anything about Eddie Hall's grip strength, but it's pretty clear even he was blown away by this.

He has a very strong grip. Almost 40 kg on 1H Gold bar pinch. Over 130 kg on the adjustable thick bar. Easily lifting the Inch etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleksandar Milosevic

It's an impressive feat, but I really didn't want to go into this, when a person that's on copious amounts of PEDs, and the physicality that Shaw has, to me it's less impressive than Mr. Laine dominating it. Shaw does nothing in his life besides lifting, and he has done so for 15 years. I'm more impressed by the members here who work regular jobs, have a family and still do world class grip feats. Also, there's the hand size factor too. But I understand that it's only my opinion, and I respect all of your opinions.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KapMan
4 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

Idk man. I'd agree for an inch DB but the millennium is a whole other level. Thor (based off being unable to lift his own challenge bell), Mark Felix, and Eddie Hall can't lift it. Would it be way more impressive if a much smaller guy lifted it? Definitely. But I feel a feat of this proportion shouldn't be discredited due to size. Pretty sure Felix has hit 500+ axle so that gives you a perspective of how tough the MDB is. 

Think its more that brian constantly does “impossible” shit. 

Im meh about it too. You kinda expect it. Like tanner wrecking, adam reverse bending big stock. Aaron pinching huge numbers and Jedd lifting blobs out the ass.

You expect elite guys to do elite crap. Doesn't make it any less difficult. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
34 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

It's an impressive feat, but I really didn't want to go into this, when a person that's on copious amounts of PEDs, and the physicality that Shaw has, to me it's less impressive than Mr. Laine dominating it. Shaw does nothing in his life besides lifting, and he has done so for 15 years. I'm more impressed by the members here who work regular jobs, have a family and still do world class grip feats. Also, there's the hand size factor too. But I understand that it's only my opinion, and I respect all of your opinions.

 

100% agree with this statement. But, here we go, this is gonna be a back and forth with no win, and possibly some folks calling”jealousy” to the ones that aren’t that impressed Everyone has an opinion, but the points made here are hard to refute. Let’s not go into the massive drugs being used aspect, as it will most likely shut down the conversation. He is the Worlds Strongest man, 6’9 440 and lifts for a living. It’s his full time job, and the things he does are incredible, but, I  am more impressed (grip wise) with  the people on here that are not 6’9 and 440 and have the full time jobs, like  already mentioned and are still achieving very notable things . 

That being said, anyone lifting the millennium bell is definitely strong beyond mere mortals and it is an amazing feat, no doubt about it, but , he is , THE WSM! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury

And yet you care enough to comment about it :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
temmmeeee
41 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

It's an impressive feat, but I really didn't want to go into this, when a person that's on copious amounts of PEDs, and the physicality that Shaw has, to me it's less impressive than Mr. Laine dominating it. Shaw does nothing in his life besides lifting, and he has done so for 15 years. I'm more impressed by the members here who work regular jobs, have a family and still do world class grip feats. Also, there's the hand size factor too. But I understand that it's only my opinion, and I respect all of your opinions.

 

I can agree with you saying Laine is more impressive but the 3 top level strongmen I mentioned who can't lift it are also large and on high amounts of PED's. And I think I've read somewhere Felix's hands are bigger than Shaw's. Drugs or not the MDB is an absolutely insane feat. But now that you've narrowed the spectrum to a guy like Shaw who does nothing but lift and is on PED's instead of "a guy who is 6'8" 440lbs", I get ya. I'm still impressed regardless though. I guess you initially meant less impressive rather than not impressive? But yea of course, to each their own 😊 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
1 minute ago, temmmeeee said:

I can agree with you saying Laine is more impressive but the 3 top level strongmen I mentioned who can't lift it are also large and on high amounts of PED's. And I think I've read somewhere Felix's hands are bigger than Shaw's. Drugs or not the MDB is an absolutely insane feat. But now that you've narrowed the spectrum to a guy like Shaw who does nothing but lift and is on PED's instead of "a guy who is 6'8" 440lbs", I get ya. I'm still impressed regardless though. I guess you initially meant less impressive rather than not impressive? But yea of course, to each their own 😊 

There ya go, Timbo, I think you said it best. Less impressive. There is no way it’s not impressive, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
temmmeeee
5 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

100% agree with this statement. But, here we go, this is gonna be a back and forth with no win, and possibly some folks calling”jealousy” to the ones that aren’t that impressed Everyone has an opinion, but the points made here are hard to refute. Let’s not go into the massive drugs being used aspect, as it will most likely shut down the conversation. He is the Worlds Strongest man, 6’9 440 and lifts for a living. It’s his full time job, and the things he does are incredible, but, I  am more impressed (grip wise) with  the people on here that are not 6’9 and 440 and have the full time jobs, like  already mentioned and are still achieving very notable things . 

That being said, anyone lifting the millennium bell is definitely strong beyond mere mortals and it is an amazing feat, no doubt about it, but , he is , THE WSM! 

Thor is about the same dimensions and couldn't do it. Hall and Felix are probably proportionately the same (less weight due to less height) and they couldn't do it. Thor's the current WSM. But at the end I guess we can say it's "less impressive" for guys like that to do it that some random guy who grips on the said. But to say "not impressive" seems meh

Lol disregard just saw the reply you sent 😁💪

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury

Larger hands does not always mean it will be easier, you need to have the strength also. Some people perform better on larger bars relatively speaking (meaning they are more competitive, not that they can lift more weight).

Of course a guy like Mark Felix would have lifted the MDB easily if hand size was the most important factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
3 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

Thor is about the same dimensions and couldn't do it. Hall and Felix are probably proportionately the same (less weight due to less height) and they couldn't do it. Thor's the current WSM. But at the end I guess we can say it's "less impressive" for guys like that to do it that some random guy who grips on the said. But to say "not impressive" seems meh

Lol disregard just saw the reply you sent 😁💪

No worries, TIMBO SLIIICCCCEEE! 🤡

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028

I'm glad the debate is finally settled, hand size and weight definitely matter. Bookmarking this thread to use as evidence for future debates. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan
7 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

I'm glad the debate is finally settled, hand size and weight definitely matter. Bookmarking this thread to use as evidence for future debates. 

Of course it matters. Especially with a dumbbell like the millennium bell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stanislav
Posted (edited)

Those who are speaking about weight and hand dimensions - firstly measure Brian's hands and then reach a decision. When Laine Snook Lifted MDB*7 reps too many thought he'd been owner of gigantic hands (in reality comparable to Jedd's hands with shorter thumbs), but I want to disappoint those envy gripsters, hands size defines potential in thick bar not result itself.
I can recall that Mr. Richard Sorin (True Grip Legend) was very impressed by Brian's grip strength when young Brian firstly had touched Inch and lifted it with no issues.
Nevertheless, the need to use banned substance as it's required to be champion in whatever Iron sport you are competing in, not limiting by Iron sport . Brian is a freak of nature with the strong passion, training dedication and philosophy. Full stop. 

And last but not least, train your ass off and stop playing smart, always seeking for the fake considerations.
 

Edited by Stanislav
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Florian Kellersmann

Great lift by Brian! Suitcase style, not tilt. Brian is a grip guy in my book. Wasnt Brian into grip before he started professional strongman? Wasnt it Richard Sorin, who suggested Brian to try strongman? I dont remember it exactly… I don't understand the negativity here….

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fist of Fury
52 minutes ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Great lift by Brian! Suitcase style, not tilt. Brian is a grip guy in my book. Wasnt Brian into grip before he started professional strongman? Wasnt it Richard Sorin, who suggested Brian to try strongman? I dont remember it exactly… I don't understand the negativity here….

 

I don't know, maybe people are just jealous because he's a successfull athlete?

In my opinion this lift is the most impressive thick bar lift I've ever seen and one of the most impressive grip feats I've seen.

I would say:

Nathan Holle CCS COC#4
Laine Snook double MDB lift 
Brian Shaw MDB with no tilt

That's my top 3 so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.