Ironmind program

Shal9097

How effective is the workout program on the Ironmind website? The one in the COC training booklet

Edited by Shal9097

4 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

How effective is the workout program on the Ironmind website? The one in the COC training booklet

All stuff is individual, and your training program should be tunned personally for you 

• Like 2

You will never know which training plan is right for you unless you keep experimenting. Find something that works and stick with it for a few months and then decide. Depsite all the muscle magazines and fitness workouts that is put out these days most of it is just for marketing. 

• Like 1

I have a trainer, a heavily filed #1 that I can get for about 15 reps, and a #2 that I can get for a triple. Today my three new grippers came in. An HG250, HG300, and HG350, and I’m trying to decide what program to set up

• Like 2

Think basic.. 

The more basic the program the better results and easier to track. 

Stay away from all the different exercises out there and just focus on quality reps for now. If I were to recommened one thing that helped me was doing a 3x3 set up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NealB said:

Think basic.. 

The more basic the program the better results and easier to track. 

Stay away from all the different exercises out there and just focus on quality reps for now. If I were to recommened one thing that helped me was doing a 3x3 set up. 

This is the Best advice for just about anything strength related. As Neil said,   Keep it simple, keep it basic, and don’t do too many oddball things. Strength is not a science. It’s more of an art. There are many ways to get to the same result. The easiest path will be to pick the things that are closest to your goal and pound them hard, fast and get out.  Rest!!!

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This is the Best advice for just about anything strength related. As Neil said,   Keep it simple, keep it basic, and don’t do too many oddball things. Strength is not a science. It’s more of an art. There are many ways to get to the same result. The easiest path will be to pick the things that are closest to your goal and pound them hard, fast and get out.  Rest!!!

This is also solid advice coming from a strong dude. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys. A lot of the programs I’ve seen are pretty intricate lol. I was thinking about 3x1 attempts with the hg300, then 3x1 attempts with the hg250, then 3x1 closes with the #2 for 9 working reps total every other day. Is that along the lines of what you guys are suggesting?

I would still say thats too much. For grippers Ive never done more than 2 workouts a week. Again, this is based on my personal experience. 

Like I said earlier, a basic strength go to for me is 3x3 or 5x5. I would consider myself a more seasoned lifter after 20 years of lifting. But I still use the 3x3 and 5x5 because its simple, effective and its an easy way to remember for your numbers for the next workout. 

56 minutes ago, NealB said:

I would still say thats too much. For grippers Ive never done more than 2 workouts a week. Again, this is based on my personal experience. 

Like I said earlier, a basic strength go to for me is 3x3 or 5x5. I would consider myself a more seasoned lifter after 20 years of lifting. But I still use the 3x3 and 5x5 because its simple, effective and its an easy way to remember for your numbers for the next workout. 

Which gripper levels would you suggest for 3x3 or 5x5? Right now I can close the #2 for a triple

I would suggest starting with the coc 2 and when your destorying your 3x3 then move up. When you move up you might not get your 3x3 it may be like 2x3 for example and this is okay. This is just an example, you may find you like doing 2x3 or 5x5. Find what works for you. For me I wouldnt move to another gripper until I legit destroyed it even on a bad day. 

2 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

Thanks guys. A lot of the programs I’ve seen are pretty intricate lol. I was thinking about 3x1 attempts with the hg300, then 3x1 attempts with the hg250, then 3x1 closes with the #2 for 9 working reps total every other day. Is that along the lines of what you guys are suggesting?

Dude, I do 3 sets total  working sets on grippers when I do them. All In the no set or table no set fashion as this is what I like to do . I warm up with a #2 for max reps and then 2 working sets of max closes with a number 3. That’s a sample for you. Then you can use the last set (forth) for a max attempt at your challenge gripper. For example

#2 x 25 reps (for me this is very easy and does not burn me for my working sets) May be too many reps for some for a warm up. Adjust accordingly.

#3x4-5

#3x4-5

#3.5 x1 for a max effort. 

This is done only once per week for me because I do a lot of other grip and wrist work. If you don’t donother grip work, I would do no more than 2x/week

it really is that simple.