Another #2 closed!!

Guest AghastGrip

Guest AghastGrip

This must be a lucky time for closing the #2, because Strongman closed his, and I closed mine today! I didn't accomplish my goal of closing it while I was 15, (I turned 16 on march 24th) but I suppose 16 ain't half bad. My goal now is to close the #3 before I start my junior year next year in school. My ultimate goal would be the #4 before I get out of high school. I've been progressing pretty fast in my opinion as far as grip strength, so maybe I have a chance.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me rave about it, it was just a great feeling to hear those handles touch eachother. I can imagine the feeling that the #3 would produce! :)

Great job!!  That would be awesome to be so far at such a young age.  Good luck on the #3.  You'll get it.

Again great job.    ;)

Must be something in the air!

Well done!!!

This is a tremendous feat for one so young!

You might want to tackle the BeefBuilder Master (which is roughly the equivalent  of a COC # 2.5) to help you in your quest for the COC #3.

Strongman

Guest AghastGrip

Thanx very much to you both!

Strongman- I'm definitely picking up a #3 soon, and I think I'll consider getting a BB Master too.

Good luck on your progress too guys!

Guest Russell Latterman

Great Job.  How big are you anyway?

I have a friend who is 15 and he just closed the #2 a couple weeks ago.  He's 6 ft 2 170lbs and has huge hands (maybe 9 inches).  He'll be turning 16 this month.  I'm 16 and can close the #2.  I'm not as big (6 ft .5 145 lbs, 7.5 inch hands) but I'm sligtly stronger in grip exercise and other weightlifting.  My big goal is to be able to close the #3 before I get out of high school.  I think I can manage this, especially since I gain so much knowledge from this board.  I also think you will close the #3 before you graduate if you keep the training going.

Get Ultimate Grip!

Guest AghastGrip

Hey Russell-

Wow, that's impressive about your friend. (And you too) You guys are quite a bit taller than me, as I'm about 5' 8" 1/2 or so. I weigh in at about 170-175, with mostly muscle. Also, my max bench is 210.  My hands are about the same size as yours I believe.

Perhaps my goal is a little too lofty, but I want to close the #4 before I get out of high school. (I'm a sophmore now) As long as I don't overtrain, I don't see the problem with setting such a high goal! :)

Congrats man!  That #4 is very humbling.  I'd get it when you get your #3 so your mind can start getting used to it.  Have fun, train smartly, and crush those COCs.

BC.