Can anyone go to the Brit Grip Champs?

Guest mjw

Could anyone tell me if it would be possible to go and watch the British Grip Champs, (and place and time) or is it by invitation only?

Following my first post I realise now that I may have appeared to be boasting about my achievement with the #3. This was definately not my intention. I just wanted to give a bit of background info about myself.

Martin

Martin.

I'm sure if you wanted to go along to have your no3 close verified no one would mind. Try sending david a message via this board. Find one of his post and click on the message icon on the header toolbar.

Alternativly have a look back over some of the past posts the info is there; If I find it I'll post it for you.

Tom

(Edited by vikingpower at 5:11 pm on July 23, 2001)

Thanks Tom. I didnt even know there was anything like this in the UK till recently. All my grip work until now has been spent in isolation- sort of a kind of grip bubble-.None of my friends or family (except my beautiful long-suffering girlfriend!!) seem to understand or appreciate the dedication and effort involved just to squeeze a few more pounds, let alone my motivation for doing so. I'll ask David Horne about the possibility of going on Saturday

(Edited by mjw at 4:23 am on July 24, 2001)

Guest Guest

martin

there isn't much point trying to contact David via the messaging on this forum, because he isn't able to access the emails he receives so it might take him a while to respond! Anybody is welcome to come and spectate at the grip champs, and I'm sure David would verify you on the #3 if you wanted him to. His email is david.horne2@ntlworld.com  -  he has posted this before but this shoud save you time trying to find it. Just let him know that you're interested in coming and he'll send you some details. As far as I can remember, the competition starts at 12.00 this saturday, and will probably go on until early evening. Contact him directly for his home address because I'm not sure that he'd be too happy about having it displayed to all and sundry!

Eliz

Guest Marso

Martin,

Are you going on saturday???  Nice to meet a fellow scouser if you're there.

Are you gonna get certified on the #3

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian

I should be going with any luck. Have to get a lift From my sister though. Actually I'm a 'Woolyback'!! ha ha.

How do you get certified in uk? Im hoping to get #3 closure verified by David Horne.

Thanks

Martin

ps should I get there about 12noon?

You can come earlier if you want to get your attempt with the #3 over and done with. Competition starts at 12.

David

Martin.

In case I don't get a chance before saturday I wish you the very best of luck.

Now go close the number 3 and get it posted it straight away.

Tom

Guest Marso

Martin,

A woolyback .. oh no !!!!!!!!  but then again if you can close the #3 I'd better be nice to you :)

Hope to see you tomorrow

Cheers

Ian

Ian,

Ha Ha!!! .....I'm only a little 'un.

Are you competing tomorrow?......Sh*t ! I'm nervous and I'm only squeezing one gripper.(...will I, wont I, have I got the technique right, should I give it a squeeze just to make sure, whats that twinge in the back of my hand?!...etc...etc.)  :--)

If you're competing then all the very best!

See you tomorrow

Martin

(Edited by mjw at 12:52 pm on July 27, 2001)