Best site to buy pre-rated grippers

Shal9097

Hey I’m looking to get a few pre-rated grippers to make it a little easier to progress and I was wondering where the best place to look for them is. I’ve looked around on cannonpowerworks, but don’t know where else to look. Thank you

58 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

I’m looking for a low end #2.5 or the equivalent to make the bump after the #2

You could also get a 2 and file it (or get it from cannonpowerworks and have Matt file it).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shoggoth said:

Right here

What do you mean by this? I was thinking a site like this should have a 'for sale' section

7 minutes ago, db2000 said:

What do you mean by this? I was thinking a site like this should have a 'for sale' section

There is. Quite good deals come around if you have patience and speed on the responses. 

• Like 1

The baraban spectrums feel a little different because of slightly larger diameter handles, but not too different. If CPW still has any of the silvis adjustables, they can set them to the rating you want and those feel very close to a coc. 120ish is about as light as a 2.5 gets so probably around what you want. But yeah CPW is the best (and maybe only) option for buying rated grippers. 

1 hour ago, Shoggoth said:

There is. Quite good deals come around if you have patience and speed on the responses. 

You must need a minimum of 50 posts or something. I have no for sale section...or I am blind!

4 hours ago, db2000 said:

You must need a minimum of 50 posts or something. I have no for sale section...or I am blind!

You do need a minimum number of posts to demonstrate you are not just driving by to use the buy/sell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I closed my #2 for the first time yesterday. Two weeks ago I could only close the #1 for a double. I started doing sets of two spread out throughout the day increasing sets and reps every day. I took a day off Sunday and then yesterday did 10 sets of 15 spread out with the #1 which I filed a few days ago, and closed the #2 just barely at the end of the day. Today I’m going to start attempt singles/doubles with #2 throughout the day and do the same thing. I know progress normally slows down around this point but I’m hoping I’ll hit #2.5 within another month. I can’t really afford to get another gripper right now but hopefully I’ll be able to by then

8 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Excellent strategy.

I had great progress doing exactly this in the beginning. It will run its course in due time however.

The reason why it works so good in the beginning is almost purely neurological, and when your body "catch up" progress will slow down dramatically or stagnate.

You can probably get to the #2.5 pretty easily using this method though.

Yeah I’m planning on the KTA program once I hit the wall. My hands and forearms have always recovered fast and it’s hard for me to keep from gripping the hell out of these things six days a week lol

45 minutes ago, Shal9097 said:

Yeah I’m planning on the KTA program once I hit the wall. My hands and forearms have always recovered fast and it’s hard for me to keep from gripping the hell out of these things six days a week lol

You might want to consider doing Radical Reps Baseline Training

22 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

Hey I’m looking to get a few pre-rated grippers to make it a little easier to progress and I was wondering where the best place to look for them is. I’ve looked around on cannonpowerworks, but don’t know where else to look. Thank you

I wouldn't look elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Have you gone through it? I bought it but I stopped believing in the concept for various reasons and so I never started it.

Yes, I went through it twice, a few years apart.  I have the logs in the RRBT subforum.  I believe it is great particularly for those who are a few months into grippers.  It is the best use of their early training time.

There is no other place with the selection or service that Cannon has. I wouldn't look anywhere else. If you're looking to progress to another gripper and can currently close the lower one, I would have that one filed down so that there is more distance between the handles. Cannon Powerworks does this for pretty cheap.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, Shal9097 said:

I’m looking for a low end #2.5 or the equivalent to make the bump after the #2

Yeah, I know a guy :flowers:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/10/2019 at 8:52 AM, Cannon said:

Yeah, I know a guy :flowers:

Just bought my first #3 with the rating service from your website 

• Like 1