Double Hub Halt Clean & Press

James Fuller

On 4/6/2019 at 10:23 PM, DAVE101 said:

Nice hub tosses as well. I heard you were acquiring a certain set of 20 kg plates... any plans for feats with those, or just trying to lift 'em?

Hmmmm I guess the cats out of the bag on that one huh....

A few months ago, a European Arm Wrestler had contacted me about whether or not I could Hub Lift YORK Deep Dish 20 Kg plates. He said that though he could Hub Lift the YORK 3rd Gen 45s easily, the Deep Dish 45s we see most of the time, he couldn't BUDGE the 20 Kg ones. I was shocked by this because the Hubs SEEM identical from what I could tell. I told him that over here, I'd have an easier time of finding Jimmy Hoffa's body than finding those plates for training. I put it out of my mind for the past few months because I was 'retired' from buying any more grip plates. 

Last week, I finally broke down and said, "yep, gonna have to see about getting a pair" I let the guy in Europe know that I was on the lookout for the 20 Kg plates. He wished me good luck and said that he hasn't seen them come up for FIFTEEN YEARS! TWO DAYS later, a pair turns up!

I honestly DON'T KNOW what's wrong with me. I hear there may be an EVEN HARDER plate to Hub Lift and I just got to have it. I don't need it for collecting purposes. If there was a gym nearby with a variety of old Deep Dish plates to Hub Lift fine, I would just go there. It WILL be cool when I have my own gym that there WILL BE a selection of plates for grip work.

SOOOOOO yes, I will be going for a Hub Lift on these 20 Kg plates AND the YORK 75s this year.

Edited by James Fuller
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 4:49 AM, James Fuller said:

Hmmmm I guess the cats out of the bag on that one huh....

A few months ago, a European Arm Wrestler had contacted me about whether or not I could Hub Lift YORK Deep Dish 20 Kg plates. He said that though he could Hub Lift the YORK 3rd Gen 45s easily, the Deep Dish 45s we see most of the time, he couldn't BUDGE the 20 Kg ones. I was shocked by this because the Hubs SEEM identical from what I could tell. I told him that over here, I'd have an easier time of finding Jimmy Hoffa's body than finding those plates for training. I put it out of my mind for the past few months because I was 'retired' from buying any more grip plates. 

Last week, I finally broke down and said, "yep, gonna have to see about getting a pair" I let the guy in Europe know that I was on the lookout for the 20 Kg plates. He wished me good luck and said that he hasn't seen them come up for FIFTEEN YEARS! TWO DAYS later, a pair turns up!

I honestly DON'T KNOW what's wrong with me. I hear there may be an EVEN HARDER plate to Hub Lift and I just got to have it. I don't need it for collecting purposes. If there was a gym nearby with a variety of old Deep Dish plates to Hub Lift fine, I would just go there. It WILL be cool when I have my own gym that there WILL BE a selection of plates for grip work.

SOOOOOO yes, I will be going for a Hub Lift on these 20 Kg plates AND the YORK 75s this year.

Good luck with the bad Boys!

• Like 1