Shallow Hub All-time World Shed Record

Mike Rinderle

1st: I'm assuming @corefire has already beat this on his shallow Dubhub, which I'm guessing is harder due to being locked to the loading pin.  

2nd: He hasn't posted it on The Youtubes yet, so I'm claiming the Shallow Hub World record and all the glory that comes with it.  🕺

3rd: I'm playing. I know this is not a world record.  It is a lift done in a shed.  No cross bar, but it looks to be about 9" -10" given the 8" Blobzilla in front and the 2hp crossbar behind.  Not on a podium in a contest so it counts ZERO!  But I'm claiming my mantel as greatest of all time in the universe because nobody has posted heavier on the youtubes and we all know that's what matters in life.  🤪🤣😂

4th: I expect Sirko to destroy this in the next few days just to put me in my place.

31.05 kg

• Like 5

Just now, WestSlope said:

Here's a crown for your shed victory..😆krcxmxn91lrz.jpg.6d024cde65eb1bb3a3466b2e2749b588.jpg

I shall wear it proudly my liege!

🤴

New sherriff in town.  Well done Mikhail! 

i have only the official worldrecords on the shallow (30.6kg at FIBO Power Expo Westgerman Grip Champs ) and deep (44.25kg at Bonehill Grip Challenge in Finland 2018) hub from barrelstrength. 

the open rules on this dubhub are not compareable to the strict rules for lifting in the spirit on this device.

only the shallow hub records in the world of grip are worth the blood and pain for glory.

do it with direkt mount on the loading pin, using carabiner will always produce higher loads.

your strength is awesome your performance in contests will be great and new records will come for sure my friend.

SmartSelect_20190409-195944_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmartSelect_20190409-202728_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't know the "doorknob" style was allowed with Shallow Hub.  Edit: Silarukov Shallow Hub.  Nice lift!  I'd like to try this because I am so much stronger in that style than the claw grip. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bencrush said:

I didn't know the "doorknob" style was allowed with Shallow Hub.  Edit: Silarukov Shallow Hub.  Nice lift!  I'd like to try this because I am so much stronger in that style than the claw grip. 

Me too.  I find the only thing hubbing with a claw grip is good for is... hubbing.  Lol

This seems to help with all vertical implements. 

Love to see what you can do buddy!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, corefire said:

i have only the official worldrecords on the shallow (30.6kg at FIBO Power Expo Westgerman Grip Champs ) and deep (44.25kg at Bonehill Grip Challenge in Finland 2018) hub from barrelstrength. 

the open rules on this dubhub are not compareable to the strict rules for lifting in the spirit on this device.

only the shallow hub records in the world of grip are worth the blood and pain for glory.

do it with direkt mount on the loading pin, using carabiner will always produce higher loads.

your strength is awesome your performance in contests will be great and new records will come for sure my friend.

SmartSelect_20190409-195944_Samsung Internet.jpg

SmartSelect_20190409-202728_Samsung Internet.jpg

Great stuff Sirko.  And thank you for the kind words.  Let's all race to 35kg.  I think that's about where the winner will be at KK.

• Like 1

Jedd was nice enough to send me a DubHub and pin.  Honestly didn't feel a ton harder than what I had been using.  I had trained shallow hub and lbh yesterday, but I had to try it.  Bad idea as I tore my thumb skin pretty good halfway through workout.  

• Like 2

Amost had ya @corefire 😁  Tore my skin on the 68 lb lift.  It was close to 7.5" but not conclusive. Can't count it unless I'm sure.  Tore my skin again so stopped there.  😥

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3