Gripping terminology

Shal9097

Hello everyone. I’m new to the grip world and gripboard, and wondered if people can post some common grip terms or abreviations and what they mean. I’ve been kind of lost reading some of the posts. Thanks. 

A little about me, I have been working on strengthening my grip and building my forearms for about six months now, but I just got the grippers. I have a trainer, a #1, and a #2. I can get the #1 for about 8 reps and I am a quarter inch from closing the #2. I would like to work up to the #3 someday but I know that’s a long way off. It’s started to become an obsession that my wife and friends make fun of but I don’t care. I want strong hands. 

• Like 3

Welcome aboard. Well, you have some captains of crush grippers and you will see CoC used for them sometimes.

HG would be heavy grips grippers 

GHP would be gillingham performance grippers 

RB would be robert barbarian grippers

Tetting or Warren tetting are another gripper out there. The Mash Monster grippers are tettings also.

CCS is credit card set which is what you need to do to close the #3, 3.5, 4 under certification conditions. 

MMS is mash monster set. Or basically a parallel set, so much deeper. 

TNS is table no set where you pick the gripper up and close it without using your off(other) hand at all to set it etc.

There is a lot more but that's something to start

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Shal9097 said:

Hello everyone. I’m new to the grip world and gripboard, and wondered if people can post some common grip terms or abreviations and what they mean. I’ve been kind of lost reading some of the posts. Thanks. 

A little about me, I have been working on strengthening my grip and building my forearms for about six months now, but I just got the grippers. I have a trainer, a #1, and a #2. I can get the #1 for about 8 reps and I am a quarter inch from closing the #2. I would like to work up to the #3 someday but I know that’s a long way off. It’s started to become an obsession that my wife and friends make fun of but I don’t care. I want strong hands. 

Welcome to the GripBoard! @Shal9097

2HP: two hands pinch

1HP: one hand pinch

IM: Ironmind

LBH: Little Big Horn (IM anvil trainer)

BB: Blockbuster Pinch Block from IM

RT: Rolling Thunder (rolling handle from IM)

DO: Double Overhand (as in deadlift grip with no hook)

DOT: Double overhand Thumbless

NN: Napalm's Nightmare (Rolling handle system)

Blob:  Not an abreviation, but a blockweight that is half of an old style, round head York dumbbell.

Welcome to the Gripboard!!!!!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 3