77 reps with the #2

king crusher

This is a PR for me, and at only 195lbs. Even at 235-240lbs I never hit this number. 

Now max gripper strength for sure takes a hit at lower bodyweight,  for me anyway.

https://youtu.be/gvd4rQAX72U

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Griparn said:

Great work! How does these mini-reps carryover to for example CCS?

I've been doing these since the beginning,  which for me is 2004. I feel they just are fantastic for overall forearm health and development.  They get a ton of blood into the arms and in my opinion they do more for your everyday grip strength than heavy singles with a max gripper.

Not sure on carryover to a CCS but I can ccs a #3. I mainly do them though for the above reasons. I feel they have more carryover to the gym too.

• Thanks 1

I've never tried that kind of close, fast, "mini rep" as someone I think described it.  I like the idea.  I've kind of hit a wall around RGC 150 ish and would like to advance a little more, maybe MM1, so I'll try this for a few workouts and see if it adds anything.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I've never tried that kind of close, fast, "mini rep" as someone I think described it.  I like the idea.  I've kind of hit a wall around RGC 150 ish and would like to advance a little more, maybe MM1, so I'll try this for a few workouts and see if it adds anything.

They actually seem more mini then they really are. If you notice when I slow down towards the end they all open back up to parallel,  you just cant tell for the first 60+ because of the speed and camera ability. 

I train explosively in the gym so I'm accustomed to explosive type training.

If you stick with it you should see progress 

I could be wrong, but I think @Paul Savagehas used high rep closes at a narrow range, “savage reps” is maybe what he called them. 

Were you incorporating these at one time, Paul?

• 2 weeks later...

Well done

On 4/3/2019 at 4:53 PM, Boulderbrew said:

I could be wrong, but I think @Paul Savagehas used high rep closes at a narrow range, “savage reps” is maybe what he called them. 

I remember the best candidate to CCS to #4 officially used to do this type of reps. He was an Arm Wrestler I think called ioan Puskasu?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 1:53 PM, Boulderbrew said:

I've used mini reps like this in the past, just to strengthen the pinky and ring fingers if I felt they were lagging at the time but savage closes are particularly to improve credit card reps. You do a slow controlled CCS then finish with 5 clicker reps then open up slow and controlled. It gets you more control over the gripper and also works the close well.