Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NO Face

Wrist Bubble After Rolling Thunder/Hub Workout

Recommended Posts

NO Face

Hey this is my first posted question in the forum. I didnt find anything on this specific condition. So here goes ..I am really new to Grip like only 4-5 months in only 3 serious months...I was working workout last week at the end of my weight lifting session I did a grip workout I choose the Rolling Thunder and Hub ...Alternated them for a good workout..Anyways what happen was my last lift on the RT I felt a pop sensation in my right wrist...It felt fine at the time..The next day I noticed a bubble pop up on my wrist (pinky side but kinda middleish) .Oddly no pain is present...Function seems to be fine..When I open my hand fully and bend my wrist back ..The bubble pops out..My question is Has anyone experienced this? If so how did it effect you long term and what did you do for rehab? Ill attach a video of the bubble..Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NO Face
Posted (edited)

My Apologise my phone get glitchy ..I didnt mean to post this is this forum section.. Or maybe its Right? Idk ..lol

Edited by NO Face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Climber028

Sounds like a ganglion cyst, usually benign and self resolving but sometimes require surgery. I'm not a doctor, this is not medical advice, don't sue me etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph Sullivan

Looks like a ganglion cyst. Smack that sucker with a big hard covered book like they used to do in the old days! This is NOT MEDICAL ADVICE AND FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NO Face
4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Looks like a ganglion cyst. Smack that sucker with a big hard covered book like they used to do in the old days! This is NOT MEDICAL ADVICE AND FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY 

I been Smacking It!! And I haven't stopped working it out since it happen I been doing light wrist curls with to RT and Hub swings ..But I think I bruised my palm also bending the other day...😏 So my index knuckle is a bit swore ..Should I smack It Also😂...I believe Im about to buy me a sledge and start lever and iso holds to toughen up these wrist...I saw your thread and other video makes since my uncles used to do it all the time for fun And they were retarded strong..Really I just think I strained it a bit hopefully active recovery and eggs will Heal it right up....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam Juncker

I have one on my left wrist that flares up from time to time.  The cyst never goes away but the pain is only present ever so often.  I stopped popping mine over a year ago and even though the cyst is still there, I think it has moved slightly and doesn't put pressure on the nerves that were causing the pain.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wobbler

Open your fingers to where it pops out, then bend your thumb. I have this on both wrists, slightly different places, and it seems to just be where my thumb flexor tendon crosses over the finger flexor tendons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anthony C.
11 hours ago, Adam Juncker said:

I have one on my left wrist that flares up from time to time.  The cyst never goes away but the pain is only present ever so often.  I stopped popping mine over a year ago and even though the cyst is still there, I think it has moved slightly and doesn't put pressure on the nerves that were causing the pain.  

Same exact situation with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
temmmeeee

I've had one of those (at least it looks very similar) in my left and right wrists for as long as I can remember. Like elementary school long. Never any pain or anything but now that I think of it my wrists tweak pretty easily... But I don't feel like the 2 are related, I'm just injury prone in general lol. After noticing them years ago I just never really thought much about them after. Mine pop out most when I make a fist. Never seemed to be a problem even with high weight/intensity training. I know this doesn't answer anything, I'm just sharing my experience with it.

20190326_121045.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NO Face
2 hours ago, temmmeeee said:

I've had one of those (at least it looks very similar) in my left and right wrists for as long as I can remember. Like elementary school long. Never any pain or anything but now that I think of it my wrists tweak pretty easily... But I don't feel like the 2 are related, I'm just injury prone in general lol. After noticing them years ago I just never really thought much about them after. Mine pop out most when I make a fist. Never seemed to be a problem even with high weight/intensity training. I know this doesn't answer anything, I'm just sharing my experience with it.

20190326_121045.jpg

It dont pop out unless I extend my fingers..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NO Face
4 hours ago, wobbler said:

Open your fingers to where it pops out, then bend your thumb. I have this on both wrists, slightly different places, and it seems to just be where my thumb flexor tendon crosses over the finger flexor tendons.

Not my thumb but.. It goes away when I close my index or middle finger..I noticed today my key pinch for tearing cards is a bit weak...But Idk if it is from the bubble or me bruising my hand bend the other day..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.