Sign in to follow this  
Mike Rinderle

Plank Record

Mike Rinderle

My money is on @climber511 being able to beat this. 

71 year old planks for over 38 minutes.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/03/19/andy-steinfeldt-world-planking-record/

• Like 1

climber511

Thanks Mike but that's a darn long time to hold a Plank.  I've just started working Ab Wheel rollouts on my feet and hands.  Worked up to 100 on my knees in the past and can do a few on feet.  I'm in no hurry - my goal is just to be able to do them with control.

Mike Rinderle
4 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Thanks Mike but that's a darn long time to hold a Plank.  I've just started working Ab Wheel rollouts on my feet and hands.  Worked up to 100 on my knees in the past and can do a few on feet.  I'm in no hurry - my goal is just to be able to do them with control.

If I can hold one for 2 minutes, you have to be good for an hour buddy!  :D

IROC-Z
13 minutes ago, climber511 said:

100 rollouts from the kneeling position is awesome.  My best ever was 30 and I thought that was pretty decent.  I definitely need to put more effort into these!

• Like 1

climber511
12 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

If I can hold one for 2 minutes, you have to be good for an hour buddy!  :D

LOL  A couple years ago I had my track kids doing what I called "commercial" workouts.  Every time a commercial came on TV they were supposed to do pushups - planks etc for the entire commercial.  I made the mistake of doing this during the Olympics.  I did a 7 minute Plank - seemed pretty long - not sure I'd want to try 38 minutes :)

• Like 1