Finger lift injury

I am new to the grip board but was finger lifting a 45 lbs. plate with my middle finger of coarse it slipped and a loud snap was heard even over the gym music..

My middle finger completely touched my palm so I torn a ligament in my third knuckle joint closest to my palm..

I did the usual rehab plus acupuncture and continued lifting weights with the finger wrapped in foam...

The body will heal it is a amazing organism..

All the best with your training and recovery..

7 minutes ago, Remoores said:

I am new to the grip board but was finger lifting a 45 lbs. plate with my middle finger of coarse it slipped and a loud snap was heard even over the gym music..

My middle finger completely touched my palm so I torn a ligament in my third knuckle joint closest to my palm..

I did the usual rehab plus acupuncture and continued lifting weights with the finger wrapped in foam...

The body will heal it is a amazing organism..

All the best with your training and recovery..

Thanks. It’s actually looking worse than it is. I lift patients all day long in physical therapy and it’s having no issues at all. Probably a slight tear with bruising.

Heal up well man. I've never lifted weights with just my single finger but I've done other things with just a finger, pretty hard to get hurt too so if you need ideas, PM me lol!

Good Luck -  take it easy for a while - do the rehab you know all about - and you will heal just fine.  I've had a few tears down in my palm for middle and ring fingers holds that failed climbing.  It took a few months to heal completely - don't rush things - you have the time to do this right.  

What happened to only doing axle?  :trout

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

What happened to only doing axle?  :trout

Axle was the only thick bar. Not the only exercise. 😂 You are smacking me with my favorite food, Rindo!

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Axle was the only thick bar. Not the only exercise. 😂 You are smacking me with my favorite food, Rindo!

Swedish Fish?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Damn! That looks rough man. Im glad to hear that its not as bad as it looks! Heal up and come back stronger!

and, noted! I will continue to not do 1 finger lifts!

edit: and i have to ask... did this happen after another no warmup? As much flak as i just gave you in another thread about not warming up, i actually did the same thing today on a bench max.. i went in cold (knowing better) like a chucklehead.

No, look at my road to 400 axle training log, it was after 4 or 5 sets of axle and in between little big horn lifts. I wouldn’t do anything like this without a warmup. Only grippers. 

8 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Damn! That looks rough man. Im glad to hear that its not as bad as it looks! Heal up and come back stronger!

edit: and i have to ask... did this happen after another no warmup? As much flak as i just gave you in another thread about not warming up, i actually did the same thing today on a bench max.. i went in cold (knowing better) like a chucklehead.

No, look at my road to 400 axle training log, it was after 4 or 5 sets of axle and in between little big horn lifts. I wouldn’t do anything like this without a warmup. Only grippers. 

8 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I'd rather give a max gripper a go cold than try a max bench cold. Yikes! When I was younger it probably wouldn't be a big deal but now, no way.

Edited by king crusher

A slight tear and bruising not that bad just needs time be careful.. 

I don't lift patients anymore, I am an OTA/PTA assistant working in a private clinic as a work hardening supervisor..

Just a suggestion when you recover look into a book called Finger Fitness authors Lorraine C. and Gregory G. Irwin..

I use some exercises to keep my digits healthy..

9 minutes ago, Remoores said:

I don't lift patients anymore, I am an OTA/PTA assistant working in a private clinic as a work hardening supervisor..

Just a suggestion when you recover look into a book called Finger Fitness authors Lorraine C. and Gregory G. Irwin..

9 minutes ago, Remoores said:

I do the same thing as you. Only in a nursing home setting 

46 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

How you feel Joseph?

All the best for your training and recovery.

I’m 100% ok. Did not miss a beat! Thank God! Thanks for your concern, my brother!