York Fatman & Blobzilla at York Barbell

Mike Rinderle

York Barbell was hosting the PA Powerlifting Championships today.  Jedd and Luke had a booth there.  Since it's only 1:20 away, I drove up to play.  

Great time as always with these guys.  Luke made me look bad on the arm wrestling table.  They had the crane scale set up for all the Napalm handles and pinch blocks, which were a blast to try out on that setup.  Hilight there was 257 on the 1 5/8" 1H Nightmare. Also pinched a 40 lb kettlebell by the bottom. 

Tons of blob lifts with Fatman.  Got it the hard way and got a bunch of little hops with Blobzilla.  Jedd got a video to finally document me getting some air on that beast right before I left.  For the record, it was done with a cheap block of Chinese chalk and no chalk whispering. 😂

Great time and fun lifting York blobs at York!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

Awesome progress

Thanks Mike.  Hopefully I can get her to fly this year.  That and the Inch are my only two goals.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, James Fuller said:

That's coming along!!

Thanks James.  I was starting to get a real good feel for it just as I was too exhausted to lift it more than that.  Story of my life.  Definitely gives me confidence that I'll get it this year.  🤞🏼

• Like 1

Fantastic Pinchmonster Mike! I have a grip saying "Elevation equals eventuality"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Fantastic Pinchmonster Mike! I have a grip saying "Elevation equals eventuality"

Thanks Mike!  I am of the same camp.  If I can break it off the ground, it's eventually going up.

• Like 1

Every time I get together with this guy, I feel like I got hit by a truck the next day.  😁

Resized_IMG_20190317_1659001_3878.jpeg

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:20 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

York Barbell was hosting the PA Powerlifting Championships today.  Jedd and Luke had a booth there.  Since it's only 1:20 away, I drove up to play.  

Great time as always with these guys.  Luke made me look bad on the arm wrestling table.  They had the crane scale set up for all the Napalm handles and pinch blocks, which were a blast to try out on that setup.  Hilight there was 257 on the 1 5/8" 1H Nightmare. Also pinched a 40 lb kettlebell by the bottom. 

Tons of blob lifts with Fatman.  Got it the hard way and got a bunch of little hops with Blobzilla.  Jedd got a video to finally document me getting some air on that beast right before I left.  For the record, it was done with a cheap block of Chinese chalk and no chalk whispering. 😂

Great time and fun lifting York blobs at York!

Mike, you are doing some great things in relatively new areas of focus for you! You are definitely ahead of me on both of these feats for sure. I've floated Blobzilla at best and have never gotten the reverse Fatman lift. Well done, congratulations!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, odin said:

Mike, you are doing some great things in relatively new areas of focus for you! You are definitely ahead of me on both of these feats for sure. I've floated Blobzilla at best and have never gotten the reverse Fatman lift. Well done, congratulations!

Thanks Bob!  I'm coming down to train with you and James R soon.  My wife's cousin is in NC and is having a baby any day now.  So sometime in the next 3-4 weeks, we are planning on coming down.  I'm going to head down to you guys for a Saturday griptogether.

• Like 1

Jason Otto and I each have a Blobzilla and an Inch too, just remind us if we're training at James R's house so we remember bring one of each for you to lift.

• Like 1

Well done Mike! I do want to try the blobzilla one day. But that float was good. You will lift it this year if you keep on training!

23 minutes ago, odin said:

Guys, what is a reverse fatman?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Well done Mike! I do want to try the blobzilla one day. But that float was good. You will lift it this year if you keep on training!

Guys, what is a reverse fatman?

Thanks buddy!

On a Fatman or next gen blob, the handle side is more curved.  So they are easier to lift with your fingers on the handle side.  The harder way (or reverse way) is with your thumb on the handle side.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks buddy!

On a Fatman or next gen blob, the handle side is more curved.  So they are easier to lift with your fingers on the handle side.  The harder way (or reverse way) is with your thumb on the handle side.  Hope that helps.

Oh okay thanks. Yes I got it. I've done it too. It is harder. A lift on that will guarantee a Blobzilla float? Or I won't know until I attempt it? Because I can't put air under my half of Legacy 50 KG blob. Much harder than my fatman.

11 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Oh okay thanks. Yes I got it. I've done it too. It is harder. A lift on that will guarantee a Blobzilla float? Or I won't know until I attempt it? Because I can't put air under my half of Legacy 50 KG blob. Much harder than my fatman.

They are so different, it is tough to tell.  I would guess the half 130 would be much harder than the half 50kg, but only if they have the same shape.  

• Like 1

Very impressive man. Blobs are just plain cool, regardless of what anyone says. And to get any air on blobzilla puts you in a group that most will never be in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colin Ramsey said:

Very impressive man. Blobs are just plain cool, regardless of what anyone says. And to get any air on blobzilla puts you in a group that most will never be in.

Thanks Colin!