My 172 pounds Inch dumbbell attempt

Alawadhi

So, looking one year back in Feb my best attempt on a 150 LBS inch was the same. I am seeing a decent progress. I believe if I keep on training I'll hold the inch by the year's end. Coached by Laine Snook here, the king of thickbar. This bell as made by Nathan Holle for Laine Snook.

• Like 12

Strong progress! You WILL get it!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, odin said:

You've made great progress Bader!

Thanks! I've done everything grip except thickbar. That's because my wrist injury wasn't allowing. Fixed myself more than 6 month back and I am seeing good progess. This then bigger bells :rock 

14 minutes ago, EricMilfeld said:

Strong progress! You WILL get it!

Thanks! With good people behind me of course I will :rock 

• Like 3

Bader, if you like,  try adding 5-10 lbs.  or so to the finger side of the Inch with magnets or duct tape and attempt it when you get a chance. It will make it feel easier as you add more weight to the finger side of the Inch and you can adjust it for reps or holds as you prefer. It will greatly increase your morale to experience the feeling of lifting and holding it with one hand. Gradually reduce the weight and you will get there!

You can also add weight to the thumb side of your smaller Inch-type dumbbells to make them rotate like a heavier dumbbell to help in your training progression.

You are well on the way and will get there no matter what type of progression you use, but this technique helped me the most.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, odin said:

Bader, if you like,  try adding 5-10 lbs.  or so to the finger side of the Inch with magnets or duct tape and attempt it when you get a chance. It will make it feel easier as you add more weight to the finger side of the Inch and you can adjust it for reps or holds as you prefer. It will greatly increase your morale to experience the feeling of lifting and holding it with one hand. Gradually reduce the weight and you will get there!

You can also add weight to the thumb side of your smaller Inch-type dumbbells to make them rotate like a heavier dumbbell to help in your training progression.

You are well on the way and will get there no matter what type of progression you use, but this technique helped me the most.

Thanks a lot will do!

• Like 1

I

3 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Thanks a lot will do!

I think you will finish the Inch off by June at the very latest if you stick with that progression. It might only take a few practice sessions, as your confidence will skyrocket once you stand up with the Inch a few times!

• Like 1

Just now, odin said:

I

I think you will finish the Inch off by June at the very latest if you stick with that progression. It might only take a few practice sessions, as your confidence will skyrocket once you stand up with the Inch a few times!

:rock will do my best :rock 

• Thanks 1

Good attempt, Bader! I would try to use more wrist strength. Your hands are not as big as Laines, so maybe you need a litte bit different Approach than him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Florian Kellersmann said:

Good attempt, Bader! I would try to use more wrist strength. Your hands are not as big as Laines, so maybe you need a litte bit different Approach than him. 

for not so big hands, strong thumb is a key for Inch lift

• Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 12:12 AM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Thanks. There isn't much difference in hand size. You can see in my YouTube channel. But I'll play with that tonight.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:19 AM, Stanislav said:

for not so big hands, strong thumb is a key for Inch lift

Thanks

On 3/15/2019 at 1:22 AM, Balal said:

Great progress, Alawadhi!👍

Thanks

On 3/15/2019 at 2:28 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Awesome work!

! Thanks

On 3/16/2019 at 3:53 AM, Kashtan said:

Good progress Bader!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Joefrey said:

Very nice attempt !! You'll be able to perform this lift in no time, I'm pretty sure !

Hope so thanks. Yesterday I trained it a bit and couldn't get the same air time. Much less. But bad days are there. To be fair I had a long rough day at work. We will see next time. Will train more and test less.

14 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Hope so thanks. Yesterday I trained it a bit and couldn't get the same air time. Much less. But bad days are there. To be fair I had a long rough day at work. We will see next time. Will train more and test less.

Bader, for average hands like your or mine, only the key to strengthen thumbs in order to be able to stop Inch rotation.

Key figures you should overcome to lift solid Inch db:

1. 60 mm WW 45+ kg
2. 140 lbs globe db or even 150 lbs for 10 strict reps in 60 or less seconds (repetions methods)
3. Try to explode it off the floor
4. Flask pinch may come in handy to avoid weakness in your thumbs, even with width = 57 mm, you have to hit 100 lbs landmark on it to be sure you're nearby Inch Lift
5. Add some wrist curls training in your routine, it may help you to feel confidient with Inch

If some additional help will be needed, ping me in FB or in whatever social media avialable for both of us.

Consistency is key factor here. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stanislav said:

Bader, for average hands like your or mine, only the key to strengthen thumbs in order to be able to stop Inch rotation.

Key figures you should overcome to lift solid Inch db:

1. 60 mm WW 45+ kg
2. 140 lbs globe db or even 150 lbs for 10 strict reps in 60 or less seconds (repetions methods)
3. Try to explode it off the floor
4. Flask pinch may come in handy to avoid weakness in your thumbs, even with width = 57 mm, you have to hit 100 lbs landmark on it to be sure you're nearby Inch Lift
5. Add some wrist curls training in your routine, it may help you to feel confidient with Inch

If some additional help will be needed, ping me in FB or in whatever social media avialable for both of us.

Consistency is key factor here. 

I have experienced that little big horn lifts before attempts on Inch replica really made a difference. Sort of warmup I imagine. My replica are only 125 and 139 lbs but I intend to get a 172 lbs one with globes.

IMG_20190131_202937056.thumb.jpg.3a5684f766d2ebc7dba6c552b76ed95f.jpg

• Like 1