Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eric Roussin

Blob50 vs. Half 110

Recommended Posts

Eric Roussin

A question for the Blob aficionados out there - Is a Half 110 blob really easier to lift than a Blob50? In the Living Legends Blob Medley line-up, the Half 110 is listed first. I've never attempted a Half 110, so I was a bit surprised that it was identified as easier, despite weighing a few pounds more.

I'm particularly interested in hearing from people who've lifted both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wobbler

If its a legacy, does it really weigh more? And the flatter thumb side should make it easier for the same actual weight. Not sure on width difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Squeezus

Never lifted a half 110 before, but my 120 is considerably harder than a FatMan and a FatMan is considerably harder than a Blob50, so I would imagine that the 110 is harder than a Blob50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric Roussin
28 minutes ago, wobbler said:

If its a legacy, does it really weigh more? And the flatter thumb side should make it easier for the same actual weight. Not sure on width difference.

I’m really not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric Roussin
10 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Never lifted a half 110 before, but my 120 is considerably harder than a FatMan and a FatMan is considerably harder than a Blob50, so I would imagine that the 110 is harder than a Blob50.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

They lined them up at Gripmas and the fatman they had was harder than the half 110....if i remember correctly

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedd Johnson

Are we talking a Blob50 or a half 100 Fatman, because those are two completely different Blobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric Roussin
1 minute ago, Lucasraymond said:

They lined them up at Gripmas and the fatman they had was harder than the half 110....if i remember correctly

 

So the fatman is harder than the half 110 and the half 110 is harder than the Blob50?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eric Roussin
Just now, Jedd Johnson said:

Are we talking a Blob50 or a half 100 Fatman, because those are two completely different Blobs.

I’m talking about the Blob50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedd Johnson

I don't remember lifting a half Legacy 110

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chez

I think Andrew had all the blobs in a blob medley for one of his contest back in 2017 so you can ask those guys how they felt. Rob was at that contest and a vid of his run is below

Andrew also posted a vid of Kody trying the legends blobs so you can ask Kody to. Having trouble finding that vid though 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IROC-Z

I purchased my Blob50 many years ago and I got it directly from Gordon V.  At that time, I remember a discussion about some of the Blob50's being harder than a half York of the same weight because they had a slicker surface on them.  The one I have is definitely harder to lift than a Legacy 110.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucasraymond

The order I did at Gripmas was 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 (i think those were the light ones) then BLOB50, Half 110, Fatman, Blobzilla (didnt lift Fatman or Blobzilla)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
temmmeeee
23 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

The order I did at Gripmas was 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 (i think those were the light ones) then BLOB50, Half 110, Fatman, Blobzilla (didnt lift Fatman or Blobzilla)

I only remember seeing a 120 at gripmas. Were there both? 

edit: NVM did some digging and saw there was lol. For some reason I thought the 120 was in the medley though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alawadhi

Wow many opinions here. It seem to differ a lot then. I have half of 50KG (110 pounds) and it is harder than my fatman.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.