Blob50 vs. Half 110

Eric Roussin

A question for the Blob aficionados out there - Is a Half 110 blob really easier to lift than a Blob50? In the Living Legends Blob Medley line-up, the Half 110 is listed first. I've never attempted a Half 110, so I was a bit surprised that it was identified as easier, despite weighing a few pounds more.

I'm particularly interested in hearing from people who've lifted both.

If its a legacy, does it really weigh more? And the flatter thumb side should make it easier for the same actual weight. Not sure on width difference.

Never lifted a half 110 before, but my 120 is considerably harder than a FatMan and a FatMan is considerably harder than a Blob50, so I would imagine that the 110 is harder than a Blob50.

28 minutes ago, wobbler said:

If its a legacy, does it really weigh more? And the flatter thumb side should make it easier for the same actual weight. Not sure on width difference.

I’m really not sure.

10 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

Never lifted a half 110 before, but my 120 is considerably harder than a FatMan and a FatMan is considerably harder than a Blob50, so I would imagine that the 110 is harder than a Blob50.

Thanks!

They lined them up at Gripmas and the fatman they had was harder than the half 110....if i remember correctly

Are we talking a Blob50 or a half 100 Fatman, because those are two completely different Blobs.

1 minute ago, Lucasraymond said:

They lined them up at Gripmas and the fatman they had was harder than the half 110....if i remember correctly

So the fatman is harder than the half 110 and the half 110 is harder than the Blob50?

Just now, Jedd Johnson said:

Are we talking a Blob50 or a half 100 Fatman, because those are two completely different Blobs.

I’m talking about the Blob50.

I don't remember lifting a half Legacy 110

I think Andrew had all the blobs in a blob medley for one of his contest back in 2017 so you can ask those guys how they felt. Rob was at that contest and a vid of his run is below

Andrew also posted a vid of Kody trying the legends blobs so you can ask Kody to. Having trouble finding that vid though 

• Like 1

I purchased my Blob50 many years ago and I got it directly from Gordon V.  At that time, I remember a discussion about some of the Blob50's being harder than a half York of the same weight because they had a slicker surface on them.  The one I have is definitely harder to lift than a Legacy 110.

• Like 1

The order I did at Gripmas was 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 (i think those were the light ones) then BLOB50, Half 110, Fatman, Blobzilla (didnt lift Fatman or Blobzilla)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

The order I did at Gripmas was 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 (i think those were the light ones) then BLOB50, Half 110, Fatman, Blobzilla (didnt lift Fatman or Blobzilla)

I only remember seeing a 120 at gripmas. Were there both? 

edit: NVM did some digging and saw there was lol. For some reason I thought the 120 was in the medley though

Wow many opinions here. It seem to differ a lot then. I have half of 50KG (110 pounds) and it is harder than my fatman.

• Like 1