Tommy J.

Texas Vs. PA

king crusher
1 hour ago, king crusher said:

Give me back my wallet! "Which ones yours?" The one that says bad mf on it!

That's awesome 

Tommy J.
Posted (edited)

While Team Texas is still in deliberations on events, last night Eric, Adam, and I had an agreement with judging that we think you guys from PA will enjoy. 

Since this will be a live online streamed comp, we would like to propose that a fair judge, non partial to either team be picked to judge both teams. A strict judge! 

And the best individual that came to mind was @Mikael Siversson

what does PA think of this proposal, and what does Mikael think?

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

Mike Rinderle

Other than the live stream possibly going out and him not having as good a view as someone there...

Tommy J.
2 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Other than the live stream possibly going out and him not having as good a view as someone there...

It will be impossible to find an American Judge thats in the know in grip that does not want to see either Texas or PA win.

Joseph Sullivan
5 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

It will be impossible to find an American Judge thats in the know in grip that does not want to see either Texas or PA win.

This thing is actually happening? How many competitors and who are the competitors? And since only Jedd and Luke live in Pennsylvania, is this going to be classified as the Northeast? You guys all live in Texas we are scattered about In parts unknown! (Pro wrestling reference) To those not in the know.

• Like 1

Jedd Johnson
4 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I think it's going to be harder finding a judge willing to waste their time on this than someone who's going to be fair.

• Like 3

Mike Rinderle

Cross bars make it all a moot point.  Good or it's not. 

Jedd Johnson
1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This thing is actually happening? How many competitors and who are the competitors? And since only Jedd and Luke live in Pennsylvania, is this going to be classified as the Northeast? You guys all live in Texas we are scattered about In parts unknown! (Pro wrestling reference) To those not in the know.

Hard to be believe right?  Tommy seems to think we have some issue with the Texas grip guys.  In reality, he's the only one from Texas who seems to care, is the only one who's talked any smack, and he's #7 on the 6-man depth chart.

• Like 1

Joseph Sullivan
3 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Hard to be believe right?  Tommy seems to think we have some issue with the Texas grip guys.  In reality, he's the only one from Texas who seems to care, is the only one who's talked any smack, and he's #7 on the 6-man depth chart.

I’ve got no issue with any Texas guys at all. I’m pretty fond of them all. Just sayin

• Thanks 1

Tommy J.
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I can assure you we are all on board. 😬

and dont forget that this is Rhindos doing. He called Texas out. Not the other way around.

you guys pulling out already from your own challenge?

also, where is your equal opportunity here? Im talking smack, but Rhindo isnt? Rhindo offered this. Take your complaints to him.

Edited by Tommy J.

Tommy J.
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Ask Rhindo. This is his baby. Texas simply wont back down. He also made the rule that others in nearby states are allowed to back you guys. We have yet to reach out to non Texas guys. But can if thats the game.

Edited by Tommy J.

Joseph Sullivan
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

I can assure you we are all on board. 😬

and dont forget that this is Rhindos doing. He called Texas out. Not the other way around.

you guys pulling out already from your own challenge?

I had no idea about this challenge until I saw it posted on the board. Either way doesn’t matter to me.

Edited by Joseph Sullivan

Tommy J.
14 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

And we’ve actually got another one on board. Ryan Johnson. Call me whatever # you like. Things are looking strong here regardless of where you put me in the lineup.

Mike Rinderle
Posted (edited)

Woah there Tex. 😄  You called us out repeatedly. A side B side...  I merely suggested a way to settle it without one team traveling to the other.  

I'm always down for a good dick measuring contest.  Nobody's backing out that I know of.  

And my suggestion was 4 on 4 with 3 events each.  It's now all of Texas vs. The Northeast.  Lol

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

Mike Rinderle

And for the record, I'm 10th on our 6 man depth chart.  

Tommy J.
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Woah there Tex. 😄  You called us out repeatedly. A side B side...  I merely suggested a way to settle it without one team traveling to the other.  

I'm always down for a good dick measuring contest.  Nobody's backing out that I know of.  

Thats not how this went down. This started when Luke asked when we were all  coming to PA. I jokingly said “na, Texas has the A side. Yall can come here if you have something noteworthy to show.”

then somebody, not Luke obviously, was devastated by my comments. And turned it into a stand off between teams.

personally, i dont think its a bad thing. And is interesting. And a new style of comp flr grip. So, we accept.

Texas holds more heavy hitters than any 2 states combined. And if we count the guys that are from Texas, but just not residing here, we still get to claim Aaron C., and PK. 😬

Edited by Tommy J.

king crusher

Will this end up on YouTube for those of us who don't see the live stream? 

When are you guys doing this?

• Like 1

Joseph Sullivan
7 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Will this end up on YouTube for those of us who don't see the live stream? 

When are you guys doing this?

Like I said, I heard of this through a thread on grip board, I haven’t been told anything about it other than what you’re reading  here.

Lucasraymond
Posted (edited)

Off topic but kind of on topic! For future it would be cool to do 3 man teams contest and has to be in state or province (Canada) and show propf of residence. There could be prize money for the  top few teams depending on how many teams want to participate. The events would be drawn on the day of the contest (1. gripper 2. Pinch 3. Thickbar 4. Vertical lift 5. Wrist event or medley style event) 

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 6

Eric Roussin

^If this was to happen at a single venue, it would be even better!

• Like 4

Lucasraymond
40 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

^If this was to happen at a single venue, it would be even better!

Yes it would be awesome...and fun!! For it to be worth it for some further distance states it would have to be some sort of financial gain for some!

• Like 2

Chez
Posted (edited)

https://tenor.com/NHbO.gif

Edited by Chez
  • Haha 1

Alawadhi

Wanted to post this
Image result for funny man eating popcorn gif

But decided this is better

Image result for scarlett johansson eating popcorn gif

• Haha 3

EricMilfeld

Good choice, Bader. Way prettier!

• Thanks 1

Andrew Dube

I think you guys should settle this at Legends. No need for a special contest (deciding events, finding judges etc.) when @Andrew P is already hosting the biggest and baddest of the year. Especially since there's no crossbars to handicap the Texans. And real prizes to go with your bragging rights. 

• Like 6