Changing rules

wobbler

9 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Thank you for the explanation Randall! 

You are very welcome and I know you were within a blink of breaking the world record on the Little Big Horn, so I'm betting on you to make this much and more in the near future!

4 minutes ago, Randall Strossen said:

You are very welcome and I know you were within a blink of breaking the world record on the Little Big Horn, so I'm betting on you to make this much and more in the near future!

That’s the plan and was hoping to make it to Dubai but it wasn’t meant to be. 

In the situation where I was the last competitor and took all 4 of my attempts without anyone else lifting; does the implement still have to be cleaned as I would just be rechalking it a minite later? Just trying to get clarification so there is no confusion going forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucasraymond said:

In the situation where I was the last competitor and took all 4 of my attempts without anyone else lifting; does the implement still have to be cleaned as I would just be rechalking it a minite later? Just trying to get clarification so there is no confusion going forward. 

Also is there a defined amount of time to get a good lift? 30 seconds seems to be the standard so far. Just trying to make sure I plan my training accordingly (allowing time to chalk and lift)

7 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

That’s the plan and was hoping to make it to Dubai but it wasn’t meant to be. 

It should be wiped clean before each attempt, even if a lifter is following himself. This can be done by the loaders and goes super fast—in Dubai it was done perfectly, and Armlifting USA did this at the Arnold, so it's proven to work.

8 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Also is there a defined amount of time to get a good lift? 30 seconds seems to be the standard so far. Just trying to make sure I plan my training accordingly (allowing time to chalk and lift)

One minute is what IronMind uses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Randall Strossen said:

Okay thank you for responding. Hopefully promoters will adopt the 60 second rule to allow consistency for chalking times.

Trying to correct the misinformation I've put out

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 2:17 PM, Randall Strossen said:

I really like the one minute rule!  Especially for friction-based lifts. 

• 7 months later...
On 3/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, Randall Strossen said:

It should be wiped clean before each attempt, even if a lifter is following himself. This can be done by the loaders and goes super fast—in Dubai it was done perfectly, and Armlifting USA did this at the Arnold, so it's proven to work.

Just to be clear about the term "wiped clean", do you mean taking all chalk off the device using a wet rag etc, then drying it?