2-20kg plate pinch calibrated steel plates

Kluv#0

Rogue Fitness plates. I rested a day and recalled what Chris Rice told me about thumb positioning - Iam so thankful to Chris Rice and Mike Rinderle. Hard work pays!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6wD7PfLttM

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, RagingTrain said:

Great pinching, Mike.   You made that look easy. 

Thanks Matt! This was a major goal accomplished. I actually told my wife prior that I bet I get it  but told her no biggie about my PJ's. Thanks again Iam in the clouds right now:)

That flew up so fast! Judging by speed alone, I'd say you're ready for 25kg/20kg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Squeezus said:

That flew up so fast! Judging by speed alone, I'd say you're ready for 25kg/20kg.

Thanks Gil!! I watched your pinch of these with BOTH hands and that was motivating- not that Iam in your grip universe but how you lifted them so easy and your elation was very cool.

kp2-20KG.png.ea000f9765c74e3dca8ad163c77a2cff.png

• Like 4

Freaking Killed it!  So happy for you Mike!  On to the 45s!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Hell yeah dude! Congrats!!! What's the width on that then, 45 mm right? I gotta work on my narrow pinch. 😰

• Thanks 1

Congratulations on a great pinch feat Mike! I think that very narrow width would add considerable difficulty to the lift for most people, plus those type of plates are usually rather slippery as well. I would almost certainly need to do specific training for that as it would feel very awkward for my fingers. A huge amount of strength was needed to do that and I look forward to see what you can do on different widths and plate types!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Freaking Killed it!  So happy for you Mike!  On to the 45s!!!!!

Thanks again for you support Pinchmonster Mike(you still the CEO of Rows, Inc, too) I need to find some non-painted 45's or ones that are on the slender side

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Great job! Big feat!!!

Thank you Joe, this was a big goal of mine! Expensive beauties but they are worth it!

40 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Hell yeah dude! Congrats!!! What's the width on that then, 45 mm right? I gotta work on my narrow pinch. 😰

I appreciate the kind words- Yes, the total width is 45MM

28 minutes ago, odin said:

Congratulations on a great pinch feat Mike! I think that very narrow width would add considerable difficulty to the lift for most people, plus those type of plates are usually rather slippery as well. I would almost certainly need to do specific training for that as it would feel very awkward for my fingers. A huge amount of strength was needed to do that and I look forward to see what you can do on different widths and plate types!

Thank you LEGEND!! You are absolutely correct that the plates are very slippery( I refer to them as slippery beauties) My hands are sub 7.5" so that helps me on this size but look forward to other plate pinching challenges for sure. Thanks again!

• Thanks 1

On 3/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, Kluv#0 said:

Thank you LEGEND!! You are absolutely correct that the plates are very slippery( I refer to them as slippery beauties) My hands are sub 7.5" so that helps me on this size but look forward to other plate pinching challenges for sure. Thanks again!

Mike, you are too kind. You are doing some very remarkable things, so just keep at it and you will amaze yourself. Let me know if you ever have any questions.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, odin said:

Mike, you are too kind. You are doing some very remarkable things, so just keep at it and you will amaze yourself. Let me know if you ever have any questions.

Thank you LEGEND, That is really nice of you to say and offer🙏

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, newbie question on plate pinches ... 

If you get hold of plates like https://www.rogueeurope.eu/rogue-calibrated-kg-steel-plates-eu or https://wolverson-fitness.co.uk/products/bison-power-plates etc which are completely flat on one side (seemingly rare in the UK), how do you progress from pairs please?

Matching sized plates, no problem as the diameters match up, hanging small weights from a single plate wont work as you have the large lip, do you use pinch blocks to progress, or are there flat “covers” you can use on the lipped side to help with progress? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Help me out folks 😞🙏

3 hours ago, Sensitive Guy said:

If you get hold of plates like https://www.rogueeurope.eu/rogue-calibrated-kg-steel-plates-eu or https://wolverson-fitness.co.uk/products/bison-power-plates etc which are completely flat on one side (seemingly rare in the UK), how do you progress from pairs please?

Matching sized plates, no problem as the diameters match up, hanging small weights from a single plate wont work as you have the large lip, do you use pinch blocks to progress, or are there flat “covers” you can use on the lipped side to help with progress? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Help me out folks 😞🙏

When I trained plate pinching I drilled a small hole in the plates and inserted a threaded rod in them that was slightly bent, then I could just hang the smaller plates on each side.

You can just use a pipe in the middle as well but if you do you have to be aware that it will make the lift easier. So if your goal is 2x20 pinch lift you probably have to be able to lift significantly more than 40 kg with a setup like that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sensitive Guy said:

Help me out folks 😞🙏

I trained for this feat by pinching  2-35’s with additional weights(thumbside only)attached  via  strong  magnets. Hope this helps 👍

43 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I trained for this feat by pinching  2-35’s with additional weights(thumbside only)attached  via  strong  magnets. Hope this helps 👍

What type of magnet did you use? I tried this and the magnets I bought didn't do the work.

10 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

When I trained plate pinching I drilled a small hole in the plates and inserted a threaded rod in them that was slightly bent, then I could just hang the smaller plates on each side.

You can just use a pipe in the middle as well but if you do you have to be aware that it will make the lift easier. So if your goal is 2x20 pinch lift you probably have to be able to lift significantly more than 40 kg with a setup like that.

Thank you for your comments 😊

Would make it easier because the plates are held level do you mean. Therefore you don’t have to have the ‘grip to keep them from slipping, and lift the weight itself?

9 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thank you for your comment, what type of magnet / strength did you use to achieve this 🤔

20 hours ago, Sensitive Guy said:

Thank you for your comments 😊

Would make it easier because the plates are held level do you mean. Therefore you don’t have to have the ‘grip to keep them from slipping, and lift the weight itself?

Thank you for your comment, what type of magnet / strength did you use to achieve this 🤔

Yes the pipe will act as a brace, so it will be easier.

• Like 1