Narrower heavy Grips?

nimar1994

Good evening! I have a question about the Heavy Grips.

I couple of months ago a friend of mine bought a set of them (HG250-HG300-HG350). By the other side; I watched some videos on youtube from two or three years ago with people closing some Heavy Grips; and when comparing the set of grippers my friend bought with those from the videos, there's visible difference in the space among springs being the later ones wider. Is it my imagination, or today's heavy Grips are narrower? 

For your time, thanks. Nikola. 

• Thanks 1

I have an old HG250 that is hard and with a very wide spacing, the same as my #4 actually. 

But my newer hg300 and 350 are very narrow,  my narrowest grippers. But I k in nd of like having them because it gives some variety 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Those are some of the most inconsistent grippers made. I have a 200 that literally can't be credit card set, and a 250 that's almost impossible to no set unless you have gigantic hands. I love them for high volume work but would never seek them for reliability or accuracy.

• Thanks 1

I have the HG100, HG 150, and HG200 and they're nearly impossible to CCS. I just do TNS and put it under the "CCS" category since they're my warmup grippers anyway. I'm using CoC, GHP, and RB for my working sets etc.

• Like 1

Heavy grips have painted springs, they seem to be painted as a last step after assembly. Chest crush them a few times, take an exacto knife and shave the paint out from in between the spring coils, oil them (Wd40 or 3-in-1) and then try again.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:14 PM, king crusher said:

I have an old HG250 that is hard and with a very wide spacing, the same as my #4 actually. 

But my newer hg300 and 350 are very narrow,  my narrowest grippers. But I k in nd of like having them because it gives some variety 

In 2016 I bought a HG300; almost as wide as a COC #3, and still today as hard as when I got it.... now I'm wondering myself if these hand grippers have been declining in terms of quality, in comparisson with previous years... I've been reading on the internet about these Hand Grippers, and there's a lot of mixed reviews. Despite some negative comments; you can still finding a good number of advanced Gripsters on youtube closing them, which to some extend gives them a little bit of prestige....

Lzd3996aiB4.jpg

Edited by nimar1994

Being poorly made doesn't mean they don't function. They just aren't reliably consistent.