Brian Shaw - Blob - Half of 150

Bill Piche

Dam! That’s as big as they go. He should reach out to them for custom Bigger DBs after this 

He actually had to take two attempts.  While this one finally slowed him down in sure he's good for a little bit heavier still.  

Awesome! I am wondering what the biggest legacy Kg DB is.

I see Brian doing more grip events in the future as I think hes coming down off his prime and his best years at the top echelon on strongman are over. Thor is 7 years younger and entering his prime and Martins is almost a decade younger and will only get better. 

He has a gift of grip and could really do damage. 

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Why is it the Diesel blob? Did Jedd lift it?

I just wanted to call it that. Jedd was the one that made the blob, he was the first one to try it, and he's the one that sold it to Shaw (most likely). Diesel Blob sounds waaay cooler, Brian already blew his chance naming blobs when he came up with "Gigantor Blob." It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAVE101 said:

I just wanted to call it that. Jedd was the one that made the blob, he was the first one to try it, and he's the one that sold it to Shaw (most likely). Diesel Blob sounds waaay cooler, Brian already blew his chance naming blobs when he came up with "Gigantor Blob." It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Are you talking about blobs in general because jedd wasn’t the first person to make a blob. I believe that Richard Sorin. I remember his story about moving old broken dumbbells and picking up half a 100 one handed. It’s posted somewhere. 

Edited by Chez

Idk where you got that idea, Jedd got into grip many years after blobs were already in use. 

55 minutes ago, Chez said:

Are you talking about blobs in general because jedd wasn’t the first person to make a blob. I believe that Richard Sorin. I remember his story about moving old broken dumbbells and picking up half a 100 one handed. It’s posted somewhere. 

Dave is referring specifically to this blob. Not the first ever blob.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 8:05 PM, devinhoo said:

Holy shit. @Thomas Larsen/Mr.Widepinch this is nuts. How close are you to this? 😮
I still gotta lift the 50 lb blob lol.

I have no clue.. I tried the half 140 at the Arnolds, but couldn't lift it.. I had pneumonia at the time for about 2 weeks and I lost 5 kg in those 2 weeks.. I felt I was at 85% strenght and no energy.. Im still sick though.. I couldn't even lift my blobzilla yesterday.. And I needed 4 attempts to lift the inch dumbbell.. When I get back to full strenght Im pretty sure I could lift the 140 atleast.. And probably also facelift it.. I'm getting the half 145 and the half 150 soon probably.. So right now Im far away from the 150 😂

I must admit that I talked smack about Brian naming the half-145 blob the Gigantor Blob without realizing the reference.
Image result for gigantor

I still don't think it is very catchy sounding, but it is not as dumb of a name as I first thought. I do think that the 150lb blob should be named the Shaw Blob since he is the first and only to lift it. The real questions is, who will be the second to lift it? My money is on Laine Snook at the moment (if he ever gets to it).

• Like 2

I honestly don't care what Blobs get named that much, or who names them.

I am all about sticking with the tradition of first lifter gets to name it.  However, Blobfather (half140) got named by someone who didn't lift it...

Has anyone else locked out a half 140 besides me?

I would chosen Napalm Blob, I believe.

I thought they called Brian Shaw Gigantor, because they call the Maintenance dude on the bus in Speed Gigantor, and that's why they call Brian that.  I guess I am wrong though...

Also, I still haven't tried lifting a half 150, because I haven't lifted the half 145 yet.

I think the next person to lift a half 150 will be one who owns one, for sure.  Laine is very strong with block weights, but I don't know if he has a half 150 or anything in that neighborhood?  Do you, @LAINE SNOOK?

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, DAVE101 said:

I'd call it the SHLOB.  :D  Meaning the half 150.

Edited by bencrush
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I am all about sticking with the tradition of first lifter gets to name it.  However, Blobfather (half140) got named by someone who didn't lift it...

I thought they called Brian Shaw Gigantor, because they call the Maintenance dude on the bus in Speed Gigantor, and that's why they call Brian that.  I guess I am wrong though...

Also, I still haven't tried lifting a half 150, because I haven't lifted the half 145 yet.

I think the next person to lift a half 150 will be one who owns one, for sure.  Laine is very strong with block weights, but I don't know if he has a half 150 or anything in that neighborhood?  Do you, @LAINE SNOOK?

Laine was suppose to buy one of the 150s that you have Jedd 👍

On 3/6/2019 at 6:58 AM, Tommy J. said:

I dont disagree that “gigantor blob” is the nerdiest name ever.. 

but just saying “blob” doesnt even sound rad exactly. Blobs in general are nerdy imo. 

But seriously, if anyone gets to name a blob, its gonna be the first to lift said blob.

I agree. Anyone who lifts it first should name it. It's only fair yeah? Jedd too agree's.

23 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Yeah that's only fair to name a blob if anyone can lift it first. So since you named the half of 140 then lets all agree to name is Napalm Blob if that is your wish buddy :rock ! No Laine doesn't have it and we talked about this. We need to buy from you Jedd next time you go to York. Of course the good one's not the one's with the bad paint (if you don't mind buddy).

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who grew up on UHF weekends... this will seem obvious... but here goes anyway:
Why not call the half 150# the "MechaBlobzilla"???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechagodzilla

• Haha 1

Diablobical

Ablobination

Ablobinable 

Blobnoxious

Blobawful

23 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Diablobical

Ablobination

Ablobinable 

Blobnoxious

Blobawful

Is "The Blobinator" already taken? Bonus nod towards Shaw getting the half 150 blob at The Arnold.

Props to Brian for killing it. I can't even get ahold of blobs, let alone lit ones even half that lol

47 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

Is "The Blobinator" already taken? Bonus nod towards Shaw getting the half 150 blob at The Arnold.

Not sure.

How about Barack Hussein Obloba?  Or Blobert Mueller?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Blobert E Lee

Blobert Downey Jr.

Blob Barker

Blob Marley

• Haha 1