Ray Williams 1112.5 kg Total

Mike Rinderle

World record total but only an American Record because it wasn't Worlds or Nationals I believe.  Just missed final DL, which would have given him 2500 lbs.  😯

• Like 1

When you get called on 1052 and go for 1080 anyway holy moly :ohmy  And he came out of the hole with 1080 faster than I can get off the couch. Unreal. 

Holy smokes. That's incredible. I was really thinking that Hafþór Björnsson would break 2500 lbs with his total on the meet he hosted. I'm sure the 2.5k total will be broken in the next year.

His lifting is unfathomable. 

IPF world records must be set exclusively at one of their world championship meets.  I think that was a common sense move.

• Like 1

Tough to judge much from this camera angle, but man, he is right on the line on squat depth.  Would hate to judge the big fella.  

52 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Tough to judge much from this camera angle, but man, he is right on the line on squat depth.  Would hate to judge the big fella.  

Yeah, I'd like to see an unobstructed side view of his squats.

• Like 1

With the platform being dark like that with a dark singlet, I would guess it's harder to see for the judges?  I always think the dude squats high.  Of course this is a video view so.....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

With the platform being dark like that with a dark singlet, I would guess it's harder to see for the judges?  I always think the dude squats high.  Of course this is a video view so.....

Yea, the light show was cool, but I don't know why they didn't bring the lights up all the way for the attempt.  Really weird.

1 minute ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Yea, the light show was cool, but I don't know why they didn't bring the lights up all the way for the attempt.  Really weird.

Agreed.  Hey,  let's judge an American Record attempt in the dark with weird light flashing.  Stupid if you ask me.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 9:15 PM, EricMilfeld said:

His lifting is unfathomable. 

IPF world records must be set exclusively at one of their world championship meets.  I think that was a common sense move.

Eric,

Doesn't have to be a World Championship but it must be an International Meet (under IPF definition)...ie. you can set World Records at Continental Championship Meets, amongst certain others.

Chris

Edited by The Mac
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, The Mac said:

Eric,

Doesn't have to be a World Championship but it must be an International Meet (under IPF definition)...ie. you can set World Records at Continental Championship Meets, amongst certain others.

Chris

Yes! Thanks for the correction. 😊