Inch Dumbbell Lift @ 145lbs and sub 7.5" hands

Daniel Fleming

25 minutes ago, Mikael Siversson said:

For those of you interested in pushing the boundaries in the lighter weight classes (and to give you goals), Bruce White's best one hand pinch was 51k (most of the time he kept his weight around 148 lb). This was in training as he had no one to compete with.

As stated Yves certainly seems to be on his way to a full leveled inch lift replicating what Bruce did in 1983.

Image result for bruce white deadlift

I think this is a 50mm bar he used for training to lift the inch. The image might well have been taken after 1983 though. Quite a few images available of him.

This pic looks like it's from way before the 80's.

All this climber grip talk. Have you guys seen the Juji videos with a guy named Magnus mitbo? Guess hes a pro climber and does grip and stuff with juji

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I'd love to see you both do it.  I'd love to try as well, but I am far enough away from it and old enough that good money is better placed on you two eventually making it than on me lol.

My money is on you, Vin.

23 minutes ago, king crusher said:

This pic looks like it's from way before the 80's.

All this climber grip talk. Have you guys seen the Juji videos with a guy named Magnus mitbo? Guess hes a pro climber and does grip and stuff with juji

Might be the beard but he looks older than he did in 1983. Camera technology in rural WA in the 1980s was probably somewhat behind the rest of the world. 

Another view of Yves amazing feat!

I know it just sounds kinda stupid, but I really expect the people who climb for over 10 years to be able to do insane grip feats. It's a sport that's 100% relying on strong grips of all kind, so after doing it for 10 years, why would it be strange that they excel? Every person on the gripboard that's training for 10 years consistently has done elite grip feats. Maybe I'm just clueless about how difficult it is to lift the Inch.

31 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I know it just sounds kinda stupid, but I really expect the people who climb for over 10 years to be able to do insane grip feats. It's a sport that's 100% relying on strong grips of all kind, so after doing it for 10 years, why would it be strange that they excel? Every person on the gripboard that's training for 10 years consistently has done elite grip feats. Maybe I'm just clueless about how difficult it is to lift the Inch.

I totally agree. Just is more impressive when the dumbbell is more than or close to the persons bodyweight. The equivalent would be me lifting a 275 pound inch dumbbell. Of course we all know strength of body weight ratio doesn’t consistently go up as one gains weight but you get the picture. Please all, let’s not get into the allometric ratings now. 🤭

1 hour ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I don't agree. There are thousands of people who fit the description of being members and working out for 10 years. There are nowhere near that many who are performing elite grip feats.

Climbers are very impressive, in some ways in a class by themselves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

I don't agree. There are thousands of people who fit the description of being members and working out for 10 years. There are nowhere near that many who are performing elite grip feats.

Climbers are very impressive, in some ways in a class by themselves.

Are there that many members on the gripboard? Wow! That’s a lot! You may be right about that then, since there are that many,  no way all of them are doing elite grip feats. 

33 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Are there that many members on the gripboard? Wow! That’s a lot! You may be right about that then, since there are that many,  no way all of them are doing elite grip feats. 

The number of members used to be shown right on the first page, but that has not been the case for the last few years. Included in there were many members who joined then did not participate. Don't know if Bill ever thinned the herd or not.

Edited by Hubgeezer

With a couple hundred people active at any one time, and the turnover rate very high, I highly doubt there are currently thousands of people who concentrated on grip training for 10 years straight.  Maybe off and on for 10 years like myself.

If there were, we would have a MUCH bigger sport.

Edited by Mike Rinderle

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

With a couple hundred people active at any one time, and the turnover rate very high, I highly doubt there are currently thousnads of people who concentrated on grip training for 10 years straight.  Maybe off and on for 10 years like myself.

If there were, we would have a MUCH bigger sport.

I think we have a lot of lurkers also. People who sign up and then don’t post and occasionally stop by. Or people who signed up and were active for a short time and then stopped coming. You use to have to be a member to read anything on the board. A couple years back, it was made public and now non members can read anything posted here. I think the population of members who have been dedicated non stop for years is small

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

Crazy lift though. Very impressive especially after a comp

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chez said:

Crazy lift though. Very impressive especially after a comp

Yea I've seen plenty of people who can normally lift the inch fail horribly after a competition, would be nice to see what he could do with a proper warm up.

24 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Yea I've seen plenty of people who can normally lift the inch fail horribly after a competition, would be nice to see what he could do with a proper warm up.

definitely. i know i'm fired after a comp. Eric's comps are especially long also with lots of events

On 2/25/2019 at 9:33 AM, Climber028 said:

As far as I know the hardest boulder he has done is V11, which while very strong most would not consider elite. I'm not being negative,  he's still far stronger than I am but he's not as elite in climbing as he is in the grip world.

I have climbed one V13 and some V12’s, but yeah I’m way better at grip. I always kinda thought I could have climbed V14 if it was my style. Maybe one day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I have climbed one V13 and some V12’s, but yeah I’m way better at grip. I always kinda thought I could have climbed V14 if it was my style. Maybe one day.

I climbed on the hood of a truck with a V8 in it once.  But I was much younger then.   😂

I watched this the other day.  I'm not sure what a V12 or V13 is, but I want no part of it.  Just crazy!

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Boulderbrew said:

I retract my previous statement. I thought I read something from you awhile back about a V11 max. I would consider 12/13 to be a cutoff for elite. 

2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

I retract my previous statement. I thought I read something from you awhile back about a V11 max. I would consider 12/13 to be a cutoff for elite. 

I was just clarifying. If you are curious, I post all my sends on 8a.nu 

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I watched this the other day.  I'm not sure what a V12 or V13 is, but I want no part of it.  Just crazy!

Thanks Mike. Yeah that is one of the most classic lines in Arkansas. Originally put up as a V11 by Jimmy Webb, but now considered by everyone to be V12. A rare upgrade 

3 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I climbed on the hood of a truck with a V8 in it once.  But I was much younger then.   😂

Now you just stick to drinking them to stave off the old age, right? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

This is the extent of my climbing... giant mountain in the Adirondacks last year. 

1E5F8058-B1D7-4045-B600-491E1CAA09CE.jpeg

A1B5EBFA-2CC9-41E5-8E69-8BF33B3ED066.jpeg

Wow is that all it takes to lever a 20 llb sledge? 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

Now you just stick to drinking them to stave off the old age, right? 

I obviously haven't drank enough!