Ironmind Ticker News

Bill Piche

John

Nathan Holle was not at the last OHF Dinner.

Chris James is a COC,quilified B.A.W.L.A.Weightlifting coach and National Judo

champion and judge and was picked by Dr.Strossen to be the official witness for Nathans #4 close after Dr.Strossen himself had came over to Wales on a couple of occassions to try and see the #4 handles touch.Sadly this as we no was not to be so Dr.Strossen being a very busy man who probably does not have the time to jet off to Wales every week to try and capture the next #4 close,so he elected the nearest coc to be the official witness who happens to be Chris James.

If its good enough for Dr.Strossen its good enough for me,his rules,he decides if the Witness is good enough.

Is David Horne going to be looked upon unjustly over certifying Scott,Marc etc

because he personally knows them,is the same going to be said of any of Wades certs.

The #4 has been done again and also the Red :bow I now wait to see the whole thing properly documented in the next (edited to save space) with the accumpeing photos/video .

Gary, but that's not the story I got. The story I have is that Chris was not the official witness. I emailed Dr. Strossen and asked him though to confirm.

There's no video capability in (edited to save space).

We should also hope that when the red was bent, the nails were provided directly by Strossen and then handed to Gavin by the witness.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• tmmicklabs

• bseedot

You should have seen and heard Jason Horne muttering away when his dad failed a lift of his at the IG 2003! I've seen him fail a whisper short closure of a three which, from where I looked, was shut. I think he, like anyone here, realizes just what al that means.

In fairness to wanna I understand what he's on about. After all the doubts and questions we have raised here regarding proof etc and seen some of our suggestions incorperated into the new criteria on Ironmind we would, as I would if it was me, like 100% lack of doubt.

That said, after seeing the pic we all had a look at a few months back, don't doubt that Nathan is now the new man! Lets just verify 100%.

Gazza, I'd love to beat Randall to an exclusive for MM and even this site - how about you do an interview?? Or we come up with some Q&A if Nathan agrees??

Gazza, I'd love to beat Randall to an exclusive for MM and even this site - how about you do an interview?? Or we come up with some Q&A if Nathan agrees??

I would hold off on the interview Mobster. Let's see what Randy says to my email. You'd hate to publish the wrong info, right? :)

Nathan is a member here as well, although non-active right now.

Just an quick observation.

Joe Kinney Certified on the # 3 in 1997

Joe Kinney Certified on the # 4 in 1998

Nathan Holle Certified on the # 3 in 2002

Nathan Holle Certified on the # 4 in 2003

Only 1 year between the # 3 and # 4 for both these animals.

This is amazing.

:bow

We already know most of Joe Kinneys training secrets thanks to Wanna and KTA.

What are Nathans training secrets ?

Edited by tmmicklabs

The inch replicas are a little over 172lbs (78.5kgs each). I don't train with the IVG, its not mine but I can lend it sometimes. My grip training is mainly just heavy single attempts, I do this with grippers, thickbars and pinching. I train grippers everyday but pinching and thickbar up to 3 times per week. Sorry to sound so vague but my training is that simple.

Best regards

Nathan

Been on and off the grippers for about 8 months. My training for the grippers is closing my 3 or attempting my 4 about 10 times spread through out the day. Also just started pinching, managed 2 x 44lbs (marcy olympic weights). Just got certified so I should be in the next (edited to save space)

Nathan

Yes I train the grippers daily, I started this way before reading this board and others opinions on over training. This method feel's right and seems to be working for me and my brothers.

Holy Crap.

Thank you Old Guy for posting that message from Nathan.

:bow:bow:bow

One thing is certain, whatever process was followed, IronMind is satisfied with that process and they have granted Certified #4 status to Nathan. Is that enough to satisfy the GripBoard members? The answer, of course, only matters to us. Was video taken of this feat? Multiple pictures? If Nathan could hold it shut for ten seconds he surely had it in him to do two or three singles to provide more photo and video opportunities. If this momentous feat wasn't recorded on video why not and will it be in the near future?

BC.

Bill

the #4 close that Chris certified was at a later date than the picture in (edited to save space) of the near miss.

I can't wait to see pictures and video. I hope they come out soon.

Nathans training seems simple. 10 singles a day doesn't sound like a lot of volume to me. But I bet his intensity is off the chart. Of course that doesn't include his other grip work.

Well, whatever he does definatly works!

Guest Jeff Roark

Guys regardless of what happened with the certification I don't think Strossen or the Grip board can handle another Kinney mystery. Nathan is young and there will be more to come from he and his brothers, with plenty of proof. Just remember he is certifying for Ironmind not the Gripboard, although the boards standards of certifcation should be implemented to correct any doubts.

great jog nathan and gavin thanks for all your help. I hope those squats are going good. also to chris james I hpoe to see you in the olympics when do you find time to sleep. I also play judo please publish your overall training or e-mail me. AGAIN CONGRATS TO ALL GOD BLESS WILLARD

Very Strange.

And where is the info about the Red Nail being bent.

Anyone have a good link ?

Nathan is young and there will be more to come from he and his brothers, with plenty of proof. Just remember he is certifying for Ironmind not the Gripboard, although the boards standards of certifcation should be implemented to correct any doubts.

See, that's one of the problems. The issue is regarding this feat specifically. Sure, future feats will help lend evidence and credibility to a prior #4 Certification, but I'm not concerned right now with what he may do in the future for at least a couple of reasons. First, he may never do another strength feat- injuries and accidents happen. Second, proof of this feat cannot be directly had from any future feat. Saying that because I performed a feat at time Y, then I also did it at time X doesn't make sense.

What really drives this post of mine here is not that I don't believe that it happened but rather, with all of the GripBoard members apparently involved in this Certification, that no one has come forward yet to indicate that there is video of this feat. Nathan doesn't need to do this if he doesn't want to, of course, but didn't someone say, "hey, man, this would be really cool to get on video. Do you mind if we record it?" Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but no one has mentioned any other pictures or video yet. With here being the place for grip strength and with this feat being one of the biggest things this little sport has ever seen I'd have expected someone to come forward by now if it existed... Anyone?

BC.

I had typed out a fairly long response, but deleted it in the interest of keeping the peace.

Can't we just stop arguing about this and give the man the respect he deserves?

If it was about my post, Clay, you can eMail it to me if you like. My post isn't bitchy and it isn't a rant. There's nothing wrong with arguing.

BC.

I do not expect to see any pics or vids of the gripper closing and the nail bending, prior to Ironmind having published a report plus pics in a future (edited to save space).

I'd like to see video of the event. Not to be disrespectful in any way, shape or form to Nathan (just out of great curiousity!). If it satisfies Strossen and his criteria... then that's good enough for me. I KNOW someone in Wales has a video camcorder, and would be more than willing to shoot video if Nathan asks.

If Nathan asked ME to shoot video of him closing the #4... I'd be over there in a flash!!! :blink:laugh:laugh

This is a big event and Dr. Strossen will want to make money off of it. It will be in M I L O where you have to pay for it. That will be the first place I'm sure where it goes into detail of the the two feats.

Congrats! :rock:rock I will be next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mosher

:bow "GOD IS THE REAL POWER" :bow

I think you will too Tommy :D