Alternative Hand Grippers

nimar1994

Good afternoon:

I've been checking Amazon, looking for some Hand Grippers; and I've found some alternatives for the Captains of Crush that look interesting to me. Has anybody bought some of the following Hand Grippers sold on Amazon? "The Tough Grip Metal Hand Gripper", "xFitness Metal Hand Gripper", "JEENSII Heavy Gripper". I like the first one; that black color gives it a cool style.

Another question; has anyone bought some Hand Grippers from Aliexpress? I've been checking some; and their prices are quite good. As far as I understand, the average quality of such stuff doesn't even rival that of the Hand Grippers made in America or Europe; but; may there's at least one brand that could represent a good alternative. Any Suggestion?

Best Regards, Nikola.

Grippers from aliexpress are different variations of Heavy Grip grippers, springs are the same quality, but handles can differ in diameter (18-21mm) and material — aluminum or more wear-resistant alloys.

With them you can train at the initial stage. But they have many drawbacks: uneven spring moving and "endless" seasoning, with fast spring breaking...

• Like 2

I like them for some warm up grippers that you can abuse without feeling bad, or for extreme filing to get weird ranges of motion but I wouldn't use them for specific strength training since they unpredictably lose resistance over time

• Like 1

If you are short of money you can buy a Silvis from CPW. Check them out. Don’t buy that cheep stuff!

• Like 1

@Cannon has stated multiple times that Heavy Grips are a great alternative to the CoC. Amazon has them for $30 for three or $60 for six. Can't beat it.

(quote from a different thread)

I love my HGs and I will die on this hill. 

They are inexpensive and have been absolute workhorses.  My HG150 is probably my gripper with the most reps.  Tens of thousands for sure.  I have never felt bad about filing or abusing them.  They show up for the workout like any other gripper.  And tend to have lighter knurling which is good for the amount of reps I'm putting on them. 

From a reliability standpoint, I have not found the ratings to be more variable than any other brand.  The one thing I will say is I see them lose spread on the first rep (literally) more than other brands.  If you were to take a rating before adding any reps and then after, you could see a big drop if it was one that lost spread.  But this is also one of the reasons why CPW puts quite a few reps on a gripper prior to rating.  The final rating should be stable similar to other brands.  But even if the gripper loses spread, it's not broken.  It's just narrow.  Narrow grippers are a thing.. and useful.  I have a narrow HG300 which is also top 5 for me as far as grippers with the most reps. 

All of this is strictly my opinion.  But I feel like a lot of people bag on HGs without good reason.  I totally understand not liking them as a matter of preference, but that doesn't make them "crap."  I think they are a great value.   

3 hours ago, devinhoo said:

@Cannon has stated multiple times that Heavy Grips are a great alternative to the CoC. Amazon has them for $30 for three or $60 for six. Can't beat it.

(quote from a different thread)

If you can spend some time on Ali and don’t buy the first one, you will buy similar grippers for $ 5-7 with free shipping.