Left Turn Grippers

nimar1994

Good Afternoon!

I'm looking for a Hand Gripper with the same resistance Level as a COC 2,5, but for my left Hand. Unfortunatelly Ironmind doesn't produce it; it has the Left Turn COC 2, and after that moves automatically to the Left Turn COC 3. Does anybody know a company that sells customized grippers for lefties, so I can buy a Hand Gripper with the previously mentioned resistance? (I've already written RB and Arian Tepper, but unfortunatelly they don't produce hand grippers for letfties).

Best Regards, Nikola. 

Silvis has quality stuff, I ordered some things a few years ago and all was fine. Didn't get any left hand springs though.

If you're really set on it, you could get a left turn 3 and remove the handles, drill/tap for set screws to make it adjustable.

26 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Unfortunately if you arent from Korea Silvis doesn't care about your order 

??? I've orered from them. Was a few years ago though.

23 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Silvis has quality stuff, I ordered some things a few years ago and all was fine. Didn't get any left hand springs though.

If you're really set on it, you could get a left turn 3 and remove the handles, drill/tap for set screws to make it adjustable.

This is very difficult.

38 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Yup. 

But it isn't possible anymore. 

Seems odd for them to have a website in english if they don't deal internationally. 

I would try to contact him, that is way easier than removing handles from a IM gripper at least.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:05 AM, nimar1994 said:

Good Afternoon!

I'm looking for a Hand Gripper with the same resistance Level as a COC 2,5, but for my left Hand. Unfortunatelly Ironmind doesn't produce it; it has the Left Turn COC 2, and after that moves automatically to the Left Turn COC 3. Does anybody know a company that sells customized grippers for lefties, so I can buy a Hand Gripper with the previously mentioned resistance? (I've already written RB and Arian Tepper, but unfortunatelly they don't produce hand grippers for letfties).

Best Regards, Nikola. 

Do you currently have any left-turn grippers?

It would be interesting to hear from other people too, but I just kind of feel like they don't make a difference.    

16 hours ago, Hopefully said:

Indeed it does. But that's how it is. 

I have tried. Several times actually after making an order around october last year, recieving no confirmation of the order and no products for 2 months. Finally I demanded my money back and he responded in less than a day (lol) saying I'll get my refund straight away and that they were unable to handle international orders at this time. I mailed him a 1.5month ago asking when ordering is possible again but no answer. 

That's not good customer service at all. I have a Silvia Magaladon but have had it for years now.

24 minutes ago, Cannon said:

It would be interesting to hear from other people too, but I just kind of feel like they don't make a difference.    

They make a huge difference on max close. Not really sure why anyone would believe otherwise.

For training I don't think they are necessary, unless you want to fill a gap in your collection.

12 hours ago, Cannon said:

In fact I have a Left Turn COC 2. in a Couple of Weeks I will have a Left Turn COC 3.... but you know; jumping from COC2 to COC 3 looks quite difficult for me at the moment; this is why  I need something in the middle; with the level of a COC 2,5 or similar. I feel the difference betweet left turn and right turn hand grippers, specially because of the position of the springs; but anyway; really depends of the person; I've heard many cases of people who see no difference between left and right turn.

9 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

They make a huge difference on max close. Not really sure why anyone would believe otherwise.

@Squeezus, do you happen to have any experience rating and/or closing Left-Turn grippers. 

11 hours ago, Cannon said:

I don’t at all mind using standard grippers for my left hand. I have a 151 #3 left turn, and a 152 standard #3. I can close both with my left hand...I don’t notice a huge difference. In fact I prefer the standard gripper for my left hand, especially because most any competition you go to will only use standard grippers. If your left hand gets too accustomed to only closing left turn grippers, a standard one will feel odd on competition day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAVE101 said:

@Squeezus, do you happen to have any experience rating and/or closing Left-Turn grippers. 

I have rated LT grippers. My hands have pretty similar crush strength as well. I do not think they are any harder than regular springs. The only difference is in how they feel. It's the same amount of force and I don't think that having a left turn gripper in your left hand makes it any easier to close.

• Like 1

Oh well I've done 5 reps with the LT#3, closed it with GHP block etc. I have yet to even close any COC#3 with the same rating with my left hand :D

For me the difference is huge. I'm very surprised that you can't feel any difference. Maybe it's because the gripper is not at the top of your ability?

Seems like Jedd had a similar experience: