#4 (210.54 RGC) Silver Bullet

Mike Rinderle

49 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Haha 3 is overkill.  Same points for 1-5 seconds.  No need to wear myself out for the rest of the comp.  Once I hit one, if I can get 1, that bullet is on it's way to the floor.  Because I ain't getting 6.  😂

I did NOT realize that's how the SB scoring system went!  I have never given it much thought.  I just figured it was all scored by the number of seconds total, not a range. 

5 minutes ago, bencrush said:

I did NOT realize that's how the SB scoring system went!  I have never given it much thought.  I just figured it was all scored by the number of seconds total, not a range. 

Wow I did not know that EITHER!!!

Just a way to do several levels of grippers and keep the percentage based scoring system and not strongman scoring.  Seems like a pretty cool idea.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

To be honest, if I can even get a hold with the 4, I know pride will take over and I'll hold it as long as I can.  There won't be much difference between 1 or 2 or 3 seconds. Lol.  

Everything will depend on how tough the #4 is that IM sends and how clumsy I am with the bullet.  I have so little experience with it and it's a total crap shoot. Sometimes it goes where it is supposed to and sometimes I fumble with it for a few seconds. If I fumble with it at all, I ain't getting a hold with any #4.  If it goes smoothly and it's 215 or below, I have a 50/50 shot.  

• Like 1

Odd Haugen has a good grip, outstanding in thickbar. His crushing grip, surprisingly, to quote him, "sucks". I just don't think he cares or works it much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

C’mon guys. Lets be real here.. if what your saying is true, and the hand is stronger at a more open position, then why is setting grippers even a thing?

shouldn’t the strength you describe represent that all of us should technically be the bomb diggity of wide set closes?

2” width is not wide set close

9 hours ago, Climber028 said:

It's not linear. It follows a bell curve. There's a point of maximum strength where the hand is almost closed and then strength decreases in both directions. You can't squeeze a 5 inch block very hard, and you can't squeeze a pencil very hard.

Yes i said this above about the bell curve; which comes down to optimal length tension relationship of the hand and also leverage

8 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

Yep, i caught on quick to that. And am wondering when the baseline point i made was gonna present itself again. Does anybody happen to know the width of the narrowest setting of the baseline compared to the 2nd setting of the Jamar?

i’ll wait for everyone to realize it is the same distance. Roughly. And then i’ll take my bow.

Baseline dyno is the same width as the Jamar; as these can be used interchangeable with good reliability. You can use the normative data from Jamar tested experiments and use the Baseline for similar testing. 

https://www.fab-ent.com/MEDIA/41_INSTRUCTIONS/12-0240_INST_VER3-13.PDF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Odd Haugen has a good grip, outstanding in thickbar. His crushing grip, surprisingly, to quote him, "sucks". I just don't think he cares or works it much.

Sounds like me.  I hate training grippers.  Therefore... I don't.  Haha

I usually hit them 3 or 4 times before a contest if they are going to be contested.  Other than that, I don't touch em.

Kind of weird, because that's pretty much all I did when I first gave grip a go.

• Like 1

It was a brick.  Couldn't quite get it.  Had to settle for 12.35 seconds on the 3.5.

Jedd was the only one to get it clamped down.  I believe he got 22 seconds.  

6 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

It was a brick.  Couldn't quite get it.  Had to settle for 12.35 seconds on the 3.5.

Jedd was the only one to get it clamped down.  I believe he got 22 seconds.  

Settle for 12.35? Haha sounds good to me!