Grip machine

Roch Climber

Hi, does anyone know of an european company which make a grip machine ? Can't find any on amazon (except a seated one but look like it take more space) and even tho the ironmind one look really nice i don't want to pay import taxes if possible. Thanks !

It's a pretty simple machine to make.  Print off a picture of one you like and take it to a weld shop - I'm sure they can make it for you.

2 hours ago, Roch Climber said:

2 hours ago, Roch Climber said:

Yeah but he ship from Russia, so i pay taxes as well, i need a company inside the EU, thanks anyway ! 

You don't pay a tax in the EU on products purchased?  Wow! ( or am I incorrectly presuming this from your post)

Edited by Rick Browne

1 hour ago, Rick Browne said:

You don't pay a tax in the EU on products purchased?  Wow! ( or am I incorrectly presuming this from your post)

There's always tax on everything you buy but there's no import tax between countries in the union.

Maybe try check out Baraban. He doesn't have a normal grip machine but he has two others.

2 hours ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I think it's a lot easier to find a welder to make one for you, it's not complicated at all.

Yeah sound like a good plan, is it just 2 metal tube sliding against each other ? 

3 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

There's always tax on everything you buy but there's no import tax between countries in the union.

Maybe try check out Baraban. He doesn't have a normal grip machine but he has two others.

Yeah but the cross one si crazy expensive compare to the rest of the market unfortunatly and the other one work more like a gripper, i want straight bars. 

http://atomicathletic.com/store/index.php/new-products/atomic-athletic-aftermath-sniper-grip-machine.html 

This is the only grip machine I still own (and I've had all of them).  I made mine to use two handed if I wanted.  The guillotine style machines just do't work all that well in my opinion. 

17 hours ago, Mateus said:

Don't buy a grip machine. It kills your fingers. Ask Gabriel.

What do you mean by that (i don't know who gabriel is haha)?

16 hours ago, climber511 said:

http://atomicathletic.com/store/index.php/new-products/atomic-athletic-aftermath-sniper-grip-machine.html 

This is the only grip machine I still own (and I've had all of them).  I made mine to use two handed if I wanted.  The guillotine style machines just do't work all that well in my opinion. 

Super nice, one of the hand hold is a crimp right ? seem like it would transfer to climbing much better. Less fan on the mono finger ones, a workout must take an eternity if you have to do each finger one by one. 

Climbing is why I like it.  I don't do much one finger work - more often two finger pairings.  Mine has two "finger holds" so I tend to do more two hands back - one hand negative holds and returns.  I like this machine a lot  for climbing related grip work - it's easier to use than a hangboard - not as good as a handboard in my mind but still fairly specific to climbing related finger training.

3 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Why would you ever use that contraption instead of your hangboard? Do your shoulders limit your finger training?

At 200# the hangboard does mess with my old shoulders - but I still use the hangboard on a rotation in my yearly program.  I have found that the machine work hits my hands differently and I can get a level of control  for single or double finger work that even my deload setup doesn't offer on the hangboard.  At 70 and with 60 years of lifting, 35 years of climbing, and 15 years of doing competitive grip sport I do find myself pretty beat up.  I am constantly looking for options that offer different ways to stress my climbing muscles that spare other climbing related joints and muscles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1