2019 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

1 hour ago, wobbler said:

It shouldn't rotate, for a quick fix try putting a piece of thick cardboard (cut from a box) between the two parts.

Edit: also check that the screw head is still fixed to the loading part. If not, you could glue it and/or use an Allen wrench to make sure it allows the thumb screw to tighten fully.

i am not interessted in a hillbillie quick fix. i want a stable one for a good competition with some hundreds lifts on it. locktite on the screw dont change the problem with slipping on the welds. a cradboard wear out fast

overtighten also results in a oblique dubhub which nevertheless loosens and rotates because the uneven welds

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, corefire said:

i am not interessted in a hillbillie quick fix. i want a stable one for a good competition with some hundreds lifts on it. locktite on the screw dont change the problem with slipping on the welds. a cradboard wear out fast

overtighten also results in a oblique dubhub which nevertheless loosens and rotates because the uneven welds

You're planning on lifting over 100 lbs on the shallow dubhub?  

I would think filing down the welds a little would fix the issue.  I haven't had the problem you're having, but I don't rotate on this lift.  Then again, I've only lifted around 34kg.  

23 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

You're planning on lifting over 100 lbs on the shallow dubhub?  

I would think filing down the welds a little would fix the issue.  I haven't had the problem you're having, but I don't rotate on this lift.  Then again, I've only lifted around 34kg.  

He probably means lifting on it hundreds of times for the longevity of the hub. At least that’s my guess.

If you are confident that you will not make any modifications to the gripping surface of the DubHub, I don't see a problem with grinding/filing the welds. Note that this will void your warranty if one of the ground weld, fails (I seriously doubt it will). I have never experienced the hub turning during a lift, but I want to make the event run as smoothly as possible while still keeping with the spirit of fairness and competition.

Please send me a picture of the finished modification. Thank you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

here in the pic the problem zones. i will dremel them out.

via the weldings the dubhub does not stand straight but inclined obliquely to one side, not good to see in the pictures

yes hundreds of lifts. not lbs. my best is only 70lbs 😅

Screenshot_20191008-183025_Gallery.jpg

20191008_182920.jpg

20191008_183649.jpg

• Like 2

There is a 60-second time limit per attempt.  During this time, is it allowed to switch between left and right hands to get a legal lift in that 60 seconds?  Or do you have to make all the attempts with whatever hand you made the first attempt during the 60 seconds? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bencrush said:

There is a 60-second time limit per attempt.  During this time, is it allowed to switch between left and right hands to get a legal lift in that 60 seconds?  Or do you have to make all the attempts with whatever hand you made the first attempt during the 60 seconds? 

Last year you could switch hands.  But I'll leave it to Eric to pronounce the actual rule.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bencrush said:

Competitors can switch hands as often as they please, both during and between attempts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Competitors can switch hands as often as they please, both during and between attempts.

Thanks for the clarification! 

Two Q's:

Can you get your chalking of the implement sorted out before the 1 minute starts?

Is there a set event order, or is it up to the individual venue to determine?

• Like 1

And what about minimum jumps on the events. Up to the promoter or standardized across the board?

16 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Two Q's:

Can you get your chalking of the implement sorted out before the 1 minute starts?

Is there a set event order, or is it up to the individual venue to determine?

The order of events is the same for all venues. Flask, Crusher, Shallow DubHub, Little Big Horn.

Chalking is to be done within the allotted time. The intention here is simply to not have contests drag out too long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

And what about minimum jumps on the events. Up to the promoter or standardized across the board?

This isn’t standardized across venues. Competitors can pick their approximate jumps, but will be limited to a small degree by the weight plates that are available.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

This isn’t standardized across venues. Competitors can pick their approximate jumps, but will be limited to a small degree by the weight plates that are available.

Eric,

Thank you for answering the questions that have probably already been answered, and that we are too lazy to go looking for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 9:42 AM, Eric Roussin said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Rob McMurren will be hosting a King Kong venue in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.

26 venues and counting!

Where can I find the info about this contest in Waterloo? I want to attend as a spectator. Where in Waterloo is it being held and what time does it start? 

Ironically my father in law is coming to London from Waterloo that night for dinner and I hope I can get there and back in time. 

2 hours ago, BILLA said:

Where can I find the info about this contest in Waterloo? I want to attend as a spectator. Where in Waterloo is it being held and what time does it start? 

Ironically my father in law is coming to London from Waterloo that night for dinner and I hope I can get there and back in time. 

Please contact Rob McMurren for full details on the Waterloo venue. He can be reached at rmcmurren@uwaterloo.ca .

WD-40 is still an anti-corrosion agent, not a lubricant and dries quickly, and oils for weapons or sewing machines do not flow well into the gap between the axis of the crusher and its “body”. I mixed them in a ratio of 1 to 1 (or 2 wd to 1 oil), the resulting mixture flowed well around the axis and began to flow from the other side. A few days later wd evaporated and only oil remained in the working gap ...

• Like 2

I prefer the silicone based lubricates.  That garage door spray you have in the video is top shelf.  I use it on my garage door and gripper springs.  It lasts a very long time too.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Steve Millard and Jeremy Everding will be hosting a King Kong venue in Carbondale, Colorado on the 26th.

Nigel Blackburn has had to cancel the Florida venue due to a lack of participation. (Things also weren't looking good with a tropical storm on the way.)

• Like 1

Picked up the Edmonton venues shirts today. Look great!

A9F8688D-5B25-423B-AC30-BFCF97AE4799.jpeg

8563C607-FF8E-4019-AD6F-94BFA40723AE.jpeg

• Like 2

Eric what is your predicted lifter count now with current number of venue?

49 minutes ago, AdamTGlass said:

Eric what is your predicted lifter count now with current number of venue?

250+ excluding kids

• Like 4

Igor Kupinsky sent me his crusher before KK. Crusher was oiled, but i decided repeat and add some silicone for videofixation of this procedure:

• Like 1