2019 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

1 minute ago, Eric Roussin said:

Yes, it will be the same events. We realize that this may mean the youngest and smallest competitors may not have the strength or hand size required to compete in all four events.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

Thank you.

Thank you both! Bombing out in one event is acceptable. 3 out of 4 will be able to load light enough for my little one.

• Like 1

The good thing about kids is that they grow! :) While they may not be as competitive this year or next, eventually they'll be in the upper age range of the bracket.

• Like 1

I’m planning on competing in this competition. I’m looking forward to getting back in the competition mode after a very long lay off. 

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Too Tall said:

I’m planning on competing in this competition. I’m looking forward to getting back in the competition mode after a very long lay off. 

Chad, this amazing!

Welcome come back!

I believe, few world records is down.

Edited by Kashtan
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Too Tall said:

Awesome!  Can't wait!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What city is the Colorado leg of King Kong going to be? It's a fairly short plane ride for me for most of the state but I couldn't find any other information when trying to search to register. 

Letter of Invitation

VII Annual International

KING KONG Grip Challenge 2019

Venue Austria

Saturday, 26th October 2019

in Hotel Beretta, Achenkirch 503, 6215 Achenkirch Tirol, Austria

weight in 7.30 am, start 9.30 am

As always, Athletes from all Countries are welcome. King Kong Austria is Stage 8 of the Fitgiant National League 2019. So in Austria is like last year additional a national Award Ceremony Overall as well as in the weight Classes of -105/over Men, -72/over Women and Children.

Every Athlete receives a T-Shirt, a Certificate of Performance and a participant Medal.

Official entry list for Austria and King Kong Rulebook: http://www.griffkraft.com/kingkong.html

Entry Fee 25,-€

During the whole event there will be a buffet with fresh italian food Specialities. You are forced to drink much, the Venue is located in the Alps at 1500m over sea level.

If you book a room at the Venue Hotel Beretta please use for a 10% Discount the Password: "Patricia Gripstrength". A double room incl. breakfast is located then only at 70,-€

II KING KONG Record Breaker

Sunday, 27th October 2019

Venue: Slaughterhouse #407, in the Firestation, 6215 Achenkirch Tirol, Austria

weight in 8 am, start 10 am

Choose three of your favourite disciplines from over 200 aviable and then show what you can do to break national and worldrecords. http://griffkraft.com/index.html

Bonus event for all:  Ironmind Wristroller 1m (100kg men, 60kg women)

No entry fee! 

FB_IMG_1566912530046.jpg

FB_IMG_1566912539306.jpg

FB_IMG_1566912534369.jpg

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, corefire said:

Letter of Invitation

VII Annual International

KING KONG Grip Challenge 2019

Venue Austria

Saturday, 26th October 2019

in Hotel Beretta, Achenkirch 503, 6215 Achenkirch Tirol, Austria

weight in 7.30 am, start 9.30 am

As always, Athletes from all Countries are welcome. King Kong Austria is Stage 8 of the Fitgiant National League 2019. So in Austria is like last year additional a national Award Ceremony Overall as well as in the weight Classes of -105/over Men, -72/over Women and Children.

Every Athlete receives a T-Shirt, a Certificate of Performance and a participant Medal.

Official entry list for Austria and King Kong Rulebook: http://www.griffkraft.com/kingkong.html

Entry Fee 25,-€

During the whole event there will be a buffet with fresh italian food Specialities. You are forced to drink much, the Venue is located in the Alps at 1500m over sea level.

If you book a room at the Venue Hotel Beretta please use for a 10% Discount the Password: "Patricia Gripstrength". A double room incl. breakfast is located then only at 70,-€

II KING KONG Record Breaker

Sunday, 27th October 2019

Venue: Slaughterhouse #407, in the Firestation, 6215 Achenkirch Tirol, Austria

weight in 8 am, start 10 am

Choose three of your favourite disciplines from over 200 aviable and then show what you can do to break national and worldrecords. http://griffkraft.com/index.html

Bonus event for all:  Ironmind Wristroller 1m (100kg men, 60kg women)

No entry fee! 

FB_IMG_1566912530046.jpg

FB_IMG_1566912539306.jpg

FB_IMG_1566912534369.jpg

This looks like so much fun.  I am not able to get there this year, but I will see what I can do for 2020!  Austria is beautiful and I would like to see it again.  cue Eine Kleine Griffmusik ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rogo said:

What city is the Colorado leg of King Kong going to be? It's a fairly short plane ride for me for most of the state but I couldn't find any other information when trying to search to register. 

Denver area. I'll PM you contact information.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Given that many promoters have younger kids who are interested in taking part, we will be splitting up the 10 years and under category into 7 years and under and 8 to 10 years. So this means the classes will be

Boys 7 and under
Boys 8-10
Boys 11-13
Boys 14-15
Boys 16-17
Girls 7 and under
Girls 8-10
Girls 11-13
Girls 14-15
Girls 16-17

Just a reminder that the kids classes will be offered at the discretion of individual venue promoters. Please confirm ahead of time with your venue to if the division will be offered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Flesher said:

Does the Rehband neoprene/Velcro soft belt fall under the allowable lifting belts? I’ve been wearing one to keep my back warm while training. 

I do not believe there are any restrictions on belts.  

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ANNOUNCEMENT:

A third Canadian venue has been added. Brad Provick will be hosting King Kong in Regina, Saskatchewan, on October 26th.

There is still a chance that there will be even more venues...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

A third Canadian venue has been added. Brad Provick will be hosting King Kong in Regina, Saskatchewan, on October 26th.

There is still a chance that there will be even more venues...

Damn Canucks are taking over grip!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lone Wolf said:

Where is the contest going to be held in California??

At the Training Hall in Newbury Park.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lone Wolf said:

Found it is Odd Haugen Gym ? I haven't seen him in a long time 

Yes it is.

• Like 2

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Adam Glass will be hosting a King Kong venue in Fort Worth, Texas!

Still more venues are in the works...

• Like 9

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Bader will be hosting a King Kong venue in Dubai again this year!

We're up to 24 venues in 12 countries and 4 continents, and there may still be a couple more venues confirmed in the coming weeks...

• Like 10

19 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Bader will be hosting a King Kong venue in Dubai again this year!

We're up to 24 venues in 12 countries and 4 continents, and there may still be a couple more venues confirmed in the coming weeks...

What is the highest number of people that have cmpeted in KK Eric?  I'm guessing this year will set a new record for sure!  Great job withthis!

39 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

What is the highest number of people that have cmpeted in KK Eric?  I'm guessing this year will set a new record for sure!  Great job withthis!

210 last year. It goes up every year. With the addition of a youth division, more women’s classes, and more venues this year, I’m confident we’ll hit 250+.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

210 last year. It goes up every year. With the addition of a youth division, more women’s classes, and more venues this year, I’m confident we’ll hit 250+.

3 hundy!

• Like 3