2019 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

On 3/6/2019 at 2:39 PM, corefire said:

the lbh direct attached on the fbbc loading pin will result in a total length from only 18.5". imho much more ideal and good choice to avoid blocks

20190306_203239.jpg

Regarding the Little big horn event, is the quoted picture allowed?

LBH attached directly to Fbbc loading pin?

This makes it quite different.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Anthony C. said:

Regarding the Little big horn event, is the quoted picture allowed?

LBH attached directly to Fbbc loading pin?

This makes it quite different.

It is not. I’ll make it abundantly clear in the rules document.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What pin hole setting do I use for the flask with a Barrel Strength loading pin?

I’m very interested in the event in Missouri. Never done a grip contest but they interest me. I’m currently working on the IronMind Blockbuster Pinch Block and also the IronMind Hub. Can anyone give me some names to contact about this event?      

Thanks,

Andy Smith

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ASmith77 said:

I’m very interested in the event in Missouri. Never done a grip contest but they interest me. I’m currently working on the IronMind Blockbuster Pinch Block and also the IronMind Hub. Can anyone give me some names to contact about this event?      

Thanks,

Andy Smith

Hi Andy! The Missouri event is being promoted by @John McCarter - you can send him a message right on this board. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom Flesher said:

Hi Andy! The Missouri event is being promoted by @John McCarter - you can send him a message right on this board. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great news! Jason Steeves has announced that he will be hosting King Kong again this year in Alberta. This potentially means an additional 20-30 entries!

More locations are likely to be announced in the coming weeks...

• Like 3

The more the merrier, eh? No doot aboot it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Leonard_Washington said:

Is Nate going to run a King Kong site in NJ this year?

I don't believe so, but there will probably be one in Queens (NYC), if that's not too far, and there is always Jedd's near the PA/NY border.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 4:25 PM, Eric Roussin said:

Here are the confirmed venues and promoters (so far):

North America:

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - Eric Roussin
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - Jason Steeves
Detroit, Michigan, USA - Andrew Pantke
Mindoro, Wisconsin, USA - Allen Heineck
Nashville, Tennessee, USA - Gil Goodman
Wyalusing, Pennsylvania, USA - Jedd Johnson
TBD, California, USA - Riccardo Magni
Long Island, New York, USA - Anton Torrella
Millersville, Missouri, USA - John McCarter
Tallahassee, Florida, USA - Nigel Blackburn
Colorado, USA - Rachel Crass Wood and Jason Wood

Europe:

London, England - Jerome Bloom
Norway - Thomas Larsen
Iisalmi, Finland - Jouni Mähönen
Vantaa, Finland - Harri Tolonen
Austria - Patsy and Sirko Petermann
St. Petersburg, Russia - Alexander Andreev
Germany - Christoph Koch
Ukraine - Ivan Pupchenko

Oceania:

Melbourne, Australia - Andrew Lea

@JHenze646

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Haha 1

Im not in here much, but regarding the lockout vs. crossbar lifts.. I like lockout lifts better aesthetically Speaking! I don't like the short sumo lockouts though.. The crossbar lifts look like shit, but is way easier to judge.. I'm pretty sure the crossbar lifts are the future for 1 handed lifts..

I think the crossbar lifts should be lifted to the same hight on all events.. And the lifting height should be high enough to make it look like a lockout lift.. To handle the different heights of people we should all be standing on blocks wich could be elevated up and down..

Has anyone mentioned an adjustable loadingpin? A loading pin wich could be raised and lowered to fit each and everyones desired height.. Or to make lockout lifts look better, with no bullshit 1" lockouts.. Then no blocks would be needed..?? 

There are no 1" lockouts

37 minutes ago, Thomas Larsen said:

Im not in here much, but regarding the lockout vs. crossbar lifts.. I like lockout lifts better aesthetically Speaking! I don't like the short sumo lockouts though.. The crossbar lifts look like shit.

To be fair, its a lifting contest not a beauty or bodybuilding contest. No one gives a shit how pretty you are when you lift.. also

SUMO FO LIFE! 

46 minutes ago, Shoggoth said:

There are no 1" lockouts

Hold my beer.  Watch this...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thomas Larsen said:

Has anyone mentioned an adjustable loadingpin? A loading pin wich could be raised and lowered to fit each and everyones desired height.. Or to make lockout lifts look better, with no bullshit 1" lockouts.. Then no blocks would be needed..?? 

This would be really tough to do considering there are different loading pins being used; one from Barrel Strength and a standard one for the crusher and LBH.  

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

This would be really tough to do considering there are different loading pins being used; one from Barrel Strength and a standard one for the crusher and LBH.  

Yeah, I ment for future contests.. It should be possible to do all events on one loadingpin, wich is adjustable.. Someone would have to make a new loadingpin.. 

1 hour ago, KapMan said:

To be fair, its a lifting contest not a beauty or bodybuilding contest. No one gives a shit how pretty you are when you lift.. also

SUMO FO LIFE! 

Ofcourse.. But the sport will look even more weird and attract fewer people that way, IMO (Using a too short lifting distance).. It just feels like a half lift to me.. It's the prettyness of the lift, wich get less so and not the lifter 😂 Sumo is fine as long as you lift to the required hight or not making it a 1"lift.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2019 at 8:02 PM, Thomas Larsen said:

Ofcourse.. But the sport will look even more weird and attract fewer people that way, IMO (Using a too short lifting distance).. It just feels like a half lift to me.. It's the prettyness of the lift, wich get less so and not the lifter 😂 Sumo is fine as long as you lift to the required hight or not making it a 1"lift.. 

I dunno. Theres a bunch more factors thar effect growth.

but I get what you are saying. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 6:39 PM, Mike Rinderle said:

AASS makes pins, ironmind, country crush, someone’s mom. Soon its going to be a regulated item by the ATF 🤪

• Haha 1

Good news! Josh Higginbotham will be hosting a King Kong venue in Bastrop, Louisiana!

We're already up to 21 venues for this year!

• Like 6

On 7/4/2019 at 5:50 AM, KapMan said:

SUMO FO LIFE! 

Hey don't hate on bodybuilding:)

20190705_235417.jpg

• Like 3