Captain of Crush #2 reps

Lennix

I got adviced to start doing some more volume and after 4 workouts i set a new PB I'm proud off! Next up doing it with 20mm block! 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

Very, very good display of strength, power and endurance.

Thanks! It's nothing compared to the strong guys doing crazy numbers but I'm proud off it :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Balal said:

Very impressive set.  Can you close the #2.5?

Thank you! 

I closed #3 my first try and do it regularly still  :) 6 reps on #2.5! 

Edited by Lennix

• 2 months later...

I had a period off grip for 4 weeks and when i returned the toughness of my skin couldn't handle it so I damaged a finger (ripping 1x1 cm skin off ) So I started doing reps on #1.5 to increase toughness and then ramped it up from there. Been doing some nice progress in only 2 weeks! 

And 

20 reps #2.5

• Like 1

Nicely done!

Any plans to do the MashMonster ladder or COC certs?  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Nice! 

Any carry over to 1rm? :) I have thought of giving this approach a go before. Or still do, those minis are really fun 

That's what I'm eager to find out! Well I have Coc#3 and I've done 2 reps with it so I hope to atleast do that again. But to be honest I will be glad if I close it comfortably which has not always been the case. 

48 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

Nicely done!

Any plans to do the MashMonster ladder or COC certs?  

Thanks alot! 

Absolutely! The #3 COC cert has been the goal since I managed to close it on my first try, I stagnated hard though. 

After that the MashMonster ladder is definitely on my radar! 

10 minutes ago, Hopefully said:

Okay, hope you have made some progress! If the 3 and 2.5 are around average you should get a few clicks. 

Crush strength is difficult to progress imo, it comes fast in the beginning and then you hit an enormous plateau. I constantly wonder if I have already hit my limit tbh. It can be seen with quite a few guys, even the really strong ones, they skyrocket to really high levels and then it seems to completely stop almost. 

Going to try the #3 with reps any day now. Last time I did some volume work my first try with #3 failed, couldn't even close it once. But the day after i did 2 reps. 

Hopefully we got some more levels to go! 

Edited by Lennix

1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

Okay, hope you have made some progress! If the 3 and 2.5 are around average you should get a few clicks. 

Crush strength is difficult to progress imo, it comes fast in the beginning and then you hit an enormous plateau. I constantly wonder if I have already hit my limit tbh. It can be seen with quite a few guys, even the really strong ones, they skyrocket to really high levels and then it seems to completely stop almost. 

Yeah, I think after the huge gains you get from proper technique and generally "getting used" to closing grippers, you get to your real crush baseline and start the slow(but real) strength progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Very strong!!!

Thanks! 

50 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Good work. Embrace the pump lol

Thanks! Your 77 reps inspired me! 

16 minutes ago, japete01 said:

Strong work!  I can barely get the #2 closed!  

Thank you! You will outrep me someday! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lennix said:

Thanks! 

Thanks! Your 77 reps inspired me! 

Thank you! You will outrep me someday! 

Maybe this will give even more inspiration lol. I took a stab at the mini clickers  vs my normal roughly parallel reps. Got 100+

https://youtu.be/zHbhjP_Lf7c

• Like 1

6 hours ago, king crusher said:

Maybe this will give even more inspiration lol. I took a stab at the mini clickers  vs my normal roughly parallel reps. Got 100+

https://youtu.be/zHbhjP_Lf7c

Lol, that pump :D Aight I clearly got work to do to! 

I saw your video with almost 5 reps on coc#3 and you wrote your PR is 9 reps. That's awesome! How did you train to get to that level? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lennix said:

Lol, that pump :D Aight I clearly got work to do to! 

I saw your video with almost 5 reps on coc#3 and you wrote your PR is 9 reps. That's awesome! How did you train to get to that level? 

I used to pound out reps throughout the day back when I started using grippers in 04. I had a job that allowed me to use them whenever I wanted. So I would do fun stuff like do as few sets as possible to hit 100 reps etc. 

I once did 1,000 reps on the #1 throughout the work day! Cant remember how many sets it took lol

I also put my 3 in a choker back in the day but never left it choked because i was always worried it would weaken it. So I'd leave it choked for a couple days and then remove it until the next time I wanted to do it.

I feel all the high volume gym work helps a lot too. Getting your whole body stronger helps grip for me at least.

My reps on the 3 or harder grippers went down a little when I decided I didnt want to weigh as much but now that I'm more used to being lighter it's going up a bit more. I expect to hit 6+ reps on the 3 in a few days when I try again. 

Muscle memory is a real thing for grippers too I feel. It's easier to do it again if you have already done it.

Edited by king crusher
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, king crusher said:

I used to pound out reps throughout the day back when I started using grippers in 04. I had a job that allowed me to use them whenever I wanted. So I would do fun stuff like do as few sets as possible to hit 100 reps etc. 

I once did 1,000 reps on the #1 throughout the work day! Cant remember how many sets it took lol

I also put my 3 in a choker back in the day but never left it choked because i was always worried it would weaken it. So I'd leave it choked for a couple days and then remove it until the next time I wanted to do it.

I feel all the high volume gym work helps a lot too. Getting your whole body stronger helps grip for me at least.

My reps on the 3 or harder grippers went down a little when I decided I didnt want to weigh as much but now that I'm more used to being lighter it's going up a bit more. I expect to hit 6+ reps on the 3 in a few days when I try again. 

Muscle memory is a real thing for grippers too I feel. It's easier to do it again if you have already done it.

Thanks for the insight! Might take my #1.5 to work to play with and get some volume in. And perhaps get my left hand to par. 1mm from closing #2.5 lol. The full body strength I'm working on. 111kg bodyweight (down from 126kg) my records are currently 237.5kg squat 135kg bench and 265kg deadlift at this bodyweight. 

Aight so i took my #3 for a spin! The video is crap and I can't say if its 4 reps, 3 reps or if I closed it at all tbh.. 

Edited by Lennix

4 hours ago, Lennix said:

Thanks for the insight! Might take my #1.5 to work to play with and get some volume in. And perhaps get my left hand to par. 1mm from closing #2.5 lol. The full body strength I'm working on. 111kg bodyweight (down from 126kg) my records are currently 237.5kg squat 135kg bench and 265kg deadlift at this bodyweight. 

Aight so i took my #3 for a spin! The video is crap and I can't say if its 4 reps, 3 reps or if I closed it at all tbh.. 

That last rep looked like my near miss on my set of five. Looks good keep killin it. You can only go up!

This kind of stuff helps a lot with grip and forearm development not to mention overall back strength. 

40 reps with 3 plates a side hammer row. No chalk/straps. 

9 hours ago, king crusher said:

That last rep looked like my near miss on my set of five. Looks good keep killin it. You can only go up!

This kind of stuff helps a lot with grip and forearm development not to mention overall back strength. 

40 reps with 3 plates a side hammer row. No chalk/straps. 

Thanks alot! I'm very happy about the performance :D I tried a set after and did two reps and missed the third by a hair! My previous pb was 2 reps so massive improvement from doing high volume. That machine looks hardcore! Strong! 

• 2 weeks later...

Brought my grippers to the gym for the first time. Perhaps not optimal to do deadlift variations and grippers while resting but I improved my PB with 20 minireps to 80. 

Edited by Lennix
Spelling

19 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Brought my grippers to the gym for the first time. Perhaps not optimal to do deadlift variations and grippers while resting but I improved my PB with 20 minireps to 80. 

Be careful, that girl might have thought you were doing something else as she was walking up along side you!

I've always thought bringing grip stuff to the gym would give the best numbers as your cns is primed and the environment would be conducive to it. Good work

6 minutes ago, king crusher said:

Be careful, that girl might have thought you were doing something else as she was walking up along side you!

I've always thought bringing grip stuff to the gym would give the best numbers as your cns is primed and the environment would be conducive to it. Good work

LOL, before I cut the video she was stairing like wtf is that guy doing 😂 

Adrenaline pumping + cns activated + caffeinated =PB 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1