Is Gabriel Vasconcelos the best chance of a women competing with top men?

Davo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MeP6OZWrFk (her pull with Michael Todd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4NBginhYyE (her pull with Ron Bath)

she does pretty well against Michael and Ron, both videos talk about how strong she is, is she the best chance of a top women competing with top men?

Show me a top women that beat a top man in any strength sport, ever. The only events I know of where women can be at the top are long distance swimming and ultra long distance running. There's a handful of female ultra marathoners that regular beat men on raves longer than 150 miles. 

Just now, Climber028 said:

Show me a top women that beat a top man in any strength sport, ever. The only events I know of where women can be at the top are long distance swimming and ultra long distance running. There's a handful of female ultra marathoners that regular beat men on raves longer than 150 miles. 

watch the videos i linked

Just now, Davo said:

watch the videos i linked

It's very clear that Todd was just letting her work and feeling her strength, he could have ended the match at any time if he wanted to.  

25 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

There is none. If we talk about same weightclass and same nutrition.

• Like 1

When comparing same weight classes I think the absolute elite level female armwrestlers can compete against male armwrestlers in the amateur class. I know at least two swedish female armwrestlers who have entered the male amateur class in competitions, both here in Sweden and in the US, and won their weight class. However, they don’t do very well as soon as they go against dudes in the pro division. Even low level pro’s, let alone elite level pro’s. I don’t think any woman will ever stand a chance against the very top level male pro’s. 

• Like 2

I would guess most female arm wrestlers could beat an average guy off the street but there's just no chance of competing with high level males, even if you match up weights. I would love to be proven wrong,  I'd love to see a female come close to males in any strength activity I have just never seen any evidence that is possible.

Don’t get me wrong. Any worldclass female armwrestler should be able to step into almost any gym and be able to beat the strongest men at the gym. Most strong powerlifters will go down, apart from maybe a few who may have a good understanding of the techniques along with strong grip and forearms. Average men off the street would be a joke for any worldclass female armwrestler. 

Of course though, even the top male pros can lose if they are fatigued enough. But I think that goes without saying. Imagine if you’re doing 6-7 sets of deadlifts to failure and then immediately after your last set, with no rest, attempt to match the max weight a high level female powerlifter can lift. Obviously almost any male pro will fail at that point. Which is probably what happened to Ron Bath in the video against Gabriel. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

i know for sure i have no ambitions (or hopes) to get under 800lbs on any lift. Ever.

That's easy,  every single one of my lifts is under 800lbs

• Haha 1