Going for red

imillertimee

Road to the bastard bag came in the mail today. Got right after it! 1/4 x7 square cold, 1/4 x 7 Hex cold, 1/4 x 7 round cold, 9/32 x7 round cold, drill rod x 7 both are over a quarter but different sizes (calipers need batteries) and a slight kink in a large piece of 7” drill rod. 

878DFD61-EA72-4A30-B699-4D8617C7D6BF.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Homework. Cutting heads/length with new $10 bolt cutters from the bargain bin at ace... going into the recycled meat bin from Costco. 

EC8C6078-A92C-4FD4-9975-2F527D9B20FD.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 12:23 AM, king crusher said:

Let the big benders chime in but you're gonna need bigger steel than those for a red. It's like using a coc#1 to train for a #3. Get some drill rod.

He can always bend two 60D's together :) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, imillertimee said:

Homework. Cutting heads/length with new $10 bolt cutters from the bargain bin at ace... going into the recycled meat bin from Costco. 

EC8C6078-A92C-4FD4-9975-2F527D9B20FD.jpeg

It's a workout just cutting those heads off lol. I never bothered even cutting them off a 60d though.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 7:22 AM, king crusher said:

It's a workout just cutting those heads off lol. I never bothered even cutting them off a 60d though.

It’s not too bad now with the new bolt cutters. Not having the heads on feels more like a bar for me. 

3 hours ago, imillertimee said:

It’s not too bad now with the new bolt cutters. Not having the heads on feels more like a bar for me. 

Cutting the heads off the nails also allows you to slide the wraps on and off the bars for a volume session, without re-wrapping. Just keep rubber bands on the wraps and move to the next bar when finished. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, imillertimee said:

I suppose it's a grip workout at least right? If you want to cut them off quicker you could stack them up in a vice and hit um with an angle grinder.

On 3/4/2019 at 7:22 AM, king crusher said:

On 3/7/2019 at 2:35 PM, king crusher said:

I suppose it's a grip workout at least right? If you want to cut them off quicker you could stack them up in a vice and hit um with an angle grinder.

The main reason I got into bending and grip sport was to try and reverse the damage I did to my hands and wrists holding an angle grinder for 8 hrs a day in a welding shop. I’ll take the work out with bolt cutters any day. 

Edited by imillertimee

The main reason I got into bending and grip sport was to try and reverse the damage I did to my hands and wrists holding an angle grinder for 8 hrs a day in a welding shop. I’ll take the work out with bolt cutters any day. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been experiencing some left wrist pain after bending/crushing 6” material. I have been experimenting/mixing up my workouts. I’ve found that my crush is really strong but loads my wrist wrong/lots of pressure. The pain could also be from bending too often (3 times over 7 days) and too intense (1 of the 3 I go really hard) . Because of this I’ve backed off to only 2 days been working on my kink and sweeps more, really focusing on my form. Then at the end of the session only doing a couple of crushes. I also noticed I don’t get the pain when bending 7” drill rod... today’s work out. Kink/sweep-6 6”60d,  2 7” CRS, 4 7” hex, 1 SR, 1 7” .2660 DR, 1 7”.2770 DR, 1 kinked .2900 DR. Then 4 full kinked/sweepers/crushed. 

C6A4B9E8-0988-4C11-9195-0D444C7714C8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...