Aleksandar Milosevic

Gripper advice

jchapman
1 hour ago, Paul Savage said:

There's been a bunch, there's well known ones like kirill sarychev, rich Williams etc but there is also guys like that guy I seen in the gym who nobody knows and who has never competed. He even took my #3.5 to 1/4" and again no chalk (of course no set either) had no idea what grippers were, never trained grip etc

Really have to stop posting in this thread now guys, stuff to do haha

So two guys.

Aleksandar Milosevic

I said I was not going to post...

Kiril Sarychev is one of the strongest people to ever live, strongest bench presser in the history of mankind and he has a decade of grip training + huge hands.

The other example is a guy that held the axle world record and all-around grip strength legend Rich Williams.

Hopefully

Anything less than equivalent to those guys in the genetic department couldn't possibly be considered 'good'.

Edited by Hopefully

Hopefully
8 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

s.

I am also guilty of comparing myself against the best of the best, the most gifted ones in whatever activity I pursued at the moment. When I was younger that is, nowadays I know this mindset can only bring oneself suffering so I have changed my outlook.

I used to give it my everything to be the best in bench press, at least on a national level. I dedicated much more time and years than what it was worth pursuing this. I finally realized what I'm doing isn't really making me happy, just miserable. I could never be the best, I just couldn't touch the guys who came down in the gym, lifted semi casually for a few months and then put up near record lifts without knowing what they are doing basically. How do you compete with that? The answer is that you can't. I thought of myself as having bad genetics and beat myself up for not making it.

The reality is though I achieved a pretty high level in comparison to most guys. My body type is just about perfect for lifting big in the bench. I have friends who could never keep up with me even though they tried desperately. I just wasn't one of the 'freaks'. I just wasn't Kirill caliber. 

But if I would consider myself having bad genetics then what should the ones who wasn't as good as me think of themselves? What if I said that I don't consider a double bodyweight bench a big deal, in fact I think that's the bare minimum for non heavyweights to be considered a good lift. I do however realize that those lifts arent possible if you dont have some kind of talent for the bench or strength in general. You don't need to be blessed with hercules genetics, but you do need to have at least a knack for it. It is the same with the #4 gripper. Which you said yourself finally.

Edited by Hopefully

Tommy J.
1 hour ago, Hopefully said:

I am also guilty of comparing myself against the best of the best, the most gifted ones in whatever activity I pursued at the moment. When I was younger that is, nowadays I know this mindset can only bring oneself suffering so I have changed my outlook.

I used to give it my everything to be the best in bench press, at least on a national level. I dedicated much more time and years than what it was worth pursuing this. I finally realized what I'm doing isn't really making me happy, just miserable. I could never be the best, I just couldn't touch the guys who came down in the gym, lifted semi casually for a few months and then put up near record lifts without knowing what they are doing basically. How do you compete with that? The answer is that you can't. I thought of myself as having bad genetics and beat myself up for not making it.

The reality is though I achieved a pretty high level in comparison to most guys. My body type is just about perfect for lifting big in the bench. I have friends who could never keep up with me even though they tried desperately. I just wasn't one of the 'freaks'. I just wasn't Kirill caliber. 

But if I would consider myself having bad genetics then what should the ones who wasn't as good as me think of themselves? What if I said that I don't consider a double bodyweight bench a big deal, in fact I think that's the bare minimum for non heavyweights to be considered a good lift. I do however realize that those lifts arent possible if you dont have some kind of talent for the bench or strength in general. You don't need to be blessed with hercules genetics, but you do need to have at least a knack for it. It is the same with the #4 gripper. Which you said yourself finally.

I dont blame genetics for any of my not so great lifts. I pretty much chalk it up to my own laziness in the past. Gotta put time in on that to get good at it. Golf clap to the guys who just walk up and do it tho.

id like to hear more on your bench, if possible. Best 1rm, bw when it happened, contest lifts, etc.?

and who were these guys that came in and out did you on the bench? Were they your weight, lighter, or much heavier? And from the sounds of things, you didnt know them personally. Who knows if they juiced or not. All those things should have been a definite factor before you compared yourself to them. Otherwise there is no comparison.

you compared your bench to Kirills??.. lol, why did you do that? Sounds like you are on the lighter spectrum if bw benches are no biggie. And There is no logical reason at all for a lightweight to compare their bench to Kirills. He is too strong.

any vids of your benching?

Hopefully
2 hours ago, Tommy J. said:

I dont blame genetics for any of my not so great lifts. I pretty much chalk it up to my own laziness in the past. Gotta put time in on that to get good at it. Golf clap to the guys who just walk up and do it tho.

id like to hear more on your bench, if possible. Best 1rm, bw when it happened, contest lifts, etc.?

and who were these guys that came in and out did you on the bench? Were they your weight, lighter, or much heavier? And from the sounds of things, you didnt know them personally. Who knows if they juiced or not. All those things should have been a definite factor before you compared yourself to them. Otherwise there is no comparison.

you compared your bench to Kirills??.. lol, why did you do that? Sounds like you are on the lighter spectrum if bw benches are no biggie. And There is no logical reason at all for a lightweight to compare their bench to Kirills. He is too strong.

any vids of your benching?

There isn't much to tell, I'm a nobody. I never did anything worth noting. 

I competed only once, and I did it when I had just turned 16. It was the Swedish national champisonship and I blew the whole competition and finished last. I was so ashamed of it I never competed again after that, had friend and family there. I did 130kg then at 96kg bw, so nothing worth mentioning. I had done 140kg in training back then. This record exists online to prove I was there, but if you are interested I'd rather show it in pm. Had a goal of competing again when I were sure I had a legit chance to win. That, in my mind, never happened. Like I said, I looked at those guys who won their classes and I were never good enough to touch them, in training that is, so I never bothered to try again in competition. 

I didn't compared myself to him, didn't even know who that was. I just took him as an example of someone with freak genetics. I was, as Paul himself says, never of that caliber. Not for a lack of trying though. 

My best lift % wise is in fact a 2xbw lift, 160kg at 80kg bw. Training lift without pause. Have not done it under contest conditions. Even if that would be the case, I would not have had a chance to win. Hence why I dont consider it a big deal, it isn't enough. My biggest is 187.5 kg at around 100kg bw, using a very big arch. I have had a couple of videos a few years ago, I think I have a video of me doing 170kg with my feet in the air, around 90kg bw, I'll see when I get home from work if I still have that Phone somewhere. That would be the only video that'll somewhat prove I could do what I say. I was the best when I were around 20-21. 27 now.  One of the guys I compared myself to then has a paused raw at around 215 at 90kg bw now I think. Came 2nd at wc behind some american guy. Edit: he came 3rd apparently

Here he is doing 143kgx19 rep: 

I recently started benching again after not doing it for years, I am nowhere close to a 2xbw bench at the time. I'm looking to put up 170kg in a couple of months at a bw of around 100kg. Maybe I'll make a video. Dont really feel the need though. 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 3

Tommy J.
2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

There isn't much to tell, I'm a nobody. I never did anything worth noting. 

I competed only once, and I did it when I had just turned 16. It was the Swedish national champisonship and I blew the whole competition and finished last. I was so ashamed of it I never competed again after that, had friend and family there. I did 130kg then at 96kg bw, so nothing worth mentioning. I had done 140kg in training back then. This record exists online to prove I was there, but if you are interested I'd rather show it in pm. Had a goal of competing again when I were sure I had a legit chance to win. That, in my mind, never happened. Like I said, I looked at those guys who won their classes and I were never good enough to touch them, in training that is, so I never bothered to try again in competition. 

I didn't compared myself to him, didn't even know who that was. I just took him as an example of someone with freak genetics. I was, as Paul himself says, never of that caliber. Not for a lack of trying though. 

My best lift % wise is in fact a 2xbw lift, 160kg at 80kg bw. Training lift without pause. Have not done it under contest conditions. Even if that would be the case, I would not have had a chance to win. Hence why I dont consider it a big deal, it isn't enough. My biggest is 187.5 kg at around 100kg bw, using a very big arch. I have had a couple of videos a few years ago, I think I have a video of me doing 170kg with my feet in the air, around 90kg bw, I'll see when I get home from work if I still have that Phone somewhere. That would be the only video that'll somewhat prove I could do what I say. I was the best when I were around 20-21. 27 now.  One of the guys I compared myself to then has a paused raw at around 215 at 90kg bw now I think. Came 2nd at wc behind some american guy. Edit: he came 3rd apparently

Here he is doing 143kgx19 rep: 

I recently started benching again after not doing it for years, I am nowhere close to a 2xbw bench at the time. I'm looking to put up 170kg in a couple of months at a bw of around 100kg. Maybe I'll make a video. Dont really feel the need though. 

I’ll try to address everything, but im gonna jump around a bit. Forgive me.

so first, ive had quite the opinion on bench as of late. Mostly to convince myself. It is somewhat of a mental tactic i do on myself to stay confident and keep motivated to move forward. I cant recall it ever not working for me. Which in turn, makes me feel as though its “easy” and everyone, barring any serious physical barriers, can do the same. Which i actually believe. Recently ive stated that a double bw bench is what separates elite benchers from everyone else. And i do believe that to be the case. However, that does not mean a guy cant be a good bencher because he cant manage double bw. Or even a great bencher. Or even be elite without double bw because they own a top 10 spot, or a record. But the word elite, as per its proper meaning, is just that. Elite. To me, if there are an excessive amount of people doing a said feat, then it is no longer elite. Even if it once was. So as more and more time passes, and the bar gets risen, then so does the standard for “elite” status. It may even be difficult for the lighter guys to consider double bw as elite. Because the vast majority of double bw benchers im seeing are all under 200lbs. But regardless, its still an outstanding bench.

so lets split some hairs on my statement a bit.. lets say a guy is 201lbs and has a bench press max of 400lbs exactly. Does that mean that he’s not an elite bencher? No. That guy is a G. And for all intents and purposes, he is indeed an elite bencher. Regarless of where he stacks up on a PL records list. He could literally go take another piss, come back and bench the exact same weight and be an official double bw bencher. However, lets say he’s 250lbs and benches 400. Now we have gone into the classification (imo) of being a great bencher. Strong, but quite a step down from elite. Now lets say he’s 300lbs and benches 400. Imo, that is one step down from great benching, to good benching. And to me, a bad bench press should be defined by anyone benching less than bw for a single rep. Obviously im not taking physical barriers into account. If a dude has a shoulder thing and just cant bench, then we cant sit and say he’s a bad bencher. That would be a douche thing to do.

more on this elite bench opinion of mine. Lets say a guy is a superheavy. But while his bench is still not double bw, he actually has the WR in his class. Kirill for example. It would be foolish to say his bench isnt elite because its not double bw. Because he indeed is elite. “But wait, Tommy, what about the BW talk?”

yeah i know. My answer to that is, we can also define elite benching by simply looking at world records or top 10 lists as reference. So what does all this mean? It means that there is more than 1 road to what i consider an elite bench. Double bw, or a record or your bench is top 10 in your class. Naturally, i would only expect the latter to be the case with heavier bw’s. And at the same time suggest that for guys under 200 to simply aim for double bw, and for guys over 200 to refer to top 10 lists. Because the top guys under 200 are some times well exceeding double bw benches.

Also, this means that the heavier guys might be less inclined to aim for a double bw bench, and simply refer to top 10 list as to what is an elite bench. 

As a short and sweet, borderline blanket statement way to define elite benching, i say double bw. Albeit i do acknowledge there is indeed some wiggle room there. But mostly only for heavier guys.

Make sense?.. 

that said, a guy does not necessarily need to strive for eliteness right out of the gate, so to speak. It would be wiser to first attain a good bench, and then later take aim at becoming a great bencher. And only after that aim for elite.

so where is my opinion on your bench? I say It is elite. You have already managed a double be lift. Regardless of your weight and bench at this time, imo you have already been there done that as far as elite benching goes. No one can take that from you.

if someone were to step in here right now and start citing bench records for your weight class, and at the same time claim that your double bw bench is no where near the WR, or top 10 for your class.. and then try to say your bench isnt elite.. then id be glad to put my nutsac in their mouth on your behalf.

You are an elite bencher brother! Your double BW bench says so.

On the comp thing, i have never done one. So i hope i didnt come off like that is a deal breaker. Not my intent. No need to be ashamed at not winning the comp. i have no plans to win any PL meets. Mine will be done simply to sort of officialize my lifts at some point. 

And bombing a meet is bombing a meet. Even the pros do it.

No need for any vids unless youve got one near double BW. I love watching those vids in general!

in closing, dont compare your lifts yet to that guy. Work hard at moving up the ladder instead. Then later when things start coming together, hone in on beating that mf’er!

yeah, genetics are great. But a fighting spirit and sheer determination are way cooler.

Edited by Tommy J.

Tommy J.
5 minutes ago, Lennix said:

On a sidenote the chick behind him is Donna Berglund, which has the current junior world record in bench 113.5kg sub 57kg. Sister to Eddie berglund which has the world record 213.5kg bench @66kg

If im not mistaken Grahn is their cousin or something like that. 

Thats kind of cool.

everyone want to make a little wager that instead of genetics, that family just more than likely had a bench press in the kitchen as they grew up instead of a table to eat at? Gurantee something along those lines was more the case than genetics.

Edited by Tommy J.

Lennix
2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Thats kind of cool.

everyone want to make a little wager that instead of genetics, that family just more than likely had a bench press in the kitchen as they grew up instead of a table to eat at? Gurantee something along those lines was more the case than genetics.

I don't want to pitch in to much in the genetics or not discussion but it's heavily genetic dependent to be able to handle the volume it takes to train that way.

Tommy J.

Disagree. If i only consider people with no physical hold backs, anyone can handle high volume light weight.

the weight itself will be relative to the individual. To me, 150 for a bunch of reps is light. But next year 250 might be. How long has he been doing it will determine what light weight is to him. Not genetics. The only good bench genetics i can spot are his short arms. And the rest can be had by anyone willing. Big back arches combined with dialed in technique, combined with a little leg drive, combined with ideal elbow placement, combined with super wide grip are not genetic. As has been stated here already, calling it genetics can be insulting to not only the guy on the bench, but also to everyone else not matching his lifts.

”he’s just got good genetics” actually means: “the rest of you shouldnt even work at it.” Which also means: “the guy on the bench didnt actually work for it.”

imo, genetics dont get to pick who does what. I could say anyone over 7’ tall has the genetics for NBA. But that would be sort of an untruth.

do i need to tell the story for like the 1,000th time of how PK couldnt even close a #1 when he started grip?

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Like 1

Lennix

My belief is that genetics determine how much stress your body can take without getting injured. If you can take all the training, you can go from not being able to close a #1 to close a #4. Ofcourse with the right training, mental approach and dedication and all those things Paul said. If you can close the #3 the first time you try ofcourse you got talent, but to go further you need dedication and the correct training and if your genetics doesnt allow for it you wont go further.

• Like 1

Aleksandar Milosevic

I'm just going to write a real life example. A friend of mine, which is an elite powerlifter told me the entire truth of his path. Natural and with a lot of years of good training he came to a 190 kg bench press at 110-115 kg bodyweight and there was no way to advance, injuries started piling up etc. You can say he reached his maximum natural potential. Then came the PEDs and a couple years later that result was around 245 kg at 125 kg, and he's not a bench only guy, his squat and deadlift is also elite. 

For bench pressing, bodyweight is and insanely big factor, the more weight I gained, the more I benched. I never really made the bench press my priority, but I benched 145 kg paused when I was 19 years old at 92 kg bodyweight. Did 150 kg without a pause at 95 kg when I was 20. You simply have to gain weight to advance on the bench press, as a natural lifter.

And yes, genetics play a huge role, but you can tailor a program that's very efficient and rational for every type of genetic makeup, but it takes a lot of knowledge. Muscle fiber types, physiological status, hormone levels, lactic acid build up and tolerance etc. I am blessed that I can tolerate both high volume and high intensity and I have good genetics for strength and power, but there are people who I know are genetically worse than me, but still stronger, because care about it more. From 14 to 21 I only wanted to get bigger, stronger, the strongest I can be, and I was stronger than almost everyone in my gym, besides that guy which I told you about. He told me when I was 20-21, "you're stronger now, than I was when I was 30" and told me I'm gonna become a world-class elite lifter. Well, that didn't happen. But two people with the same burning desire + efficient program but different genetic make up = gifted lifter advances way faster, it's just life.

So Hopefully, you've reached 187.5 kg @ 100 kg, I consider that elite level, if you are natural, and you have the chance to be a 220 kg+ bench presser in the 105-125 kg range. And I really mean that. You just need to have a burning desire to do it, tunnel vision it has to be something that you think about every single day. But you just have to decide if it's worth it or not.

I stopped having that burning desire, when I went to the USA on a student exchange program in 2015. I came there all alone, never worked a real job, never went away from home, just a shock. The contract I've signed said that there was not going to be any work in the first two weeks, while the pools open (I was supposed to be a lifeguard). Well, there was work, and it's an understatement. The owner of the company picked me and my friend to help him for the two weeks, opening pools and passing pool inspections, I was working for 15 hours per day on average, and it was hard work: carrying pool pumps, cleaning the pools, carrying supplies, chlorinating, taking off tiles, gluing new tiles etc. And I was on one, eventually two meals per day during those two weeks. One day we started at 8 am, finished at midnight, and we had to be back at work at 4 am because we were running late with the inspections. Stress + hard work + no sleep + no food = losing 17 kg/37.5 lbs in TWO WEEKS. After those two weeks I was immediately promoted to a supervisor position, and I had some breathing room and started going in the gym. When I left my country, a couple days prior to that I benched 100 kg/225 lbs x 21, on my first workout in the USA, three weeks after arriving I almost failed the second rep with 100 kg. That's when I realized that it's all an illusion. Now I only prepare for the reality of life.

I hope you enjoyed the blog post, haha :D 

KapMan
6 hours ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I'm just going to write a real life example. A friend of mine, which is an elite powerlifter told me the entire truth of his path. Natural and with a lot of years of good training he came to a 190 kg bench press at 110-115 kg bodyweight and there was no way to advance, injuries started piling up etc. You can say he reached his maximum natural potential. Then came the PEDs and a couple years later that result was around 245 kg at 125 kg, and he's not a bench only guy, his squat and deadlift is also elite. 

For bench pressing, bodyweight is and insanely big factor, the more weight I gained, the more I benched. I never really made the bench press my priority, but I benched 145 kg paused when I was 19 years old at 92 kg bodyweight. Did 150 kg without a pause at 95 kg when I was 20. You simply have to gain weight to advance on the bench press, as a natural lifter.

And yes, genetics play a huge role, but you can tailor a program that's very efficient and rational for every type of genetic makeup, but it takes a lot of knowledge. Muscle fiber types, physiological status, hormone levels, lactic acid build up and tolerance etc. I am blessed that I can tolerate both high volume and high intensity and I have good genetics for strength and power, but there are people who I know are genetically worse than me, but still stronger, because care about it more. From 14 to 21 I only wanted to get bigger, stronger, the strongest I can be, and I was stronger than almost everyone in my gym, besides that guy which I told you about. He told me when I was 20-21, "you're stronger now, than I was when I was 30" and told me I'm gonna become a world-class elite lifter. Well, that didn't happen. But two people with the same burning desire + efficient program but different genetic make up = gifted lifter advances way faster, it's just life.

So Hopefully, you've reached 187.5 kg @ 100 kg, I consider that elite level, if you are natural, and you have the chance to be a 220 kg+ bench presser in the 105-125 kg range. And I really mean that. You just need to have a burning desire to do it, tunnel vision it has to be something that you think about every single day. But you just have to decide if it's worth it or not.

I stopped having that burning desire, when I went to the USA on a student exchange program in 2015. I came there all alone, never worked a real job, never went away from home, just a shock. The contract I've signed said that there was not going to be any work in the first two weeks, while the pools open (I was supposed to be a lifeguard). Well, there was work, and it's an understatement. The owner of the company picked me and my friend to help him for the two weeks, opening pools and passing pool inspections, I was working for 15 hours per day on average, and it was hard work: carrying pool pumps, cleaning the pools, carrying supplies, chlorinating, taking off tiles, gluing new tiles etc. And I was on one, eventually two meals per day during those two weeks. One day we started at 8 am, finished at midnight, and we had to be back at work at 4 am because we were running late with the inspections. Stress + hard work + no sleep + no food = losing 17 kg/37.5 lbs in TWO WEEKS. After those two weeks I was immediately promoted to a supervisor position, and I had some breathing room and started going in the gym. When I left my country, a couple days prior to that I benched 100 kg/225 lbs x 21, on my first workout in the USA, three weeks after arriving I almost failed the second rep with 100 kg. That's when I realized that it's all an illusion. Now I only prepare for the reality of life.

I hope you enjoyed the blog post, haha :D 

The internet has a strange way of making you reply when you say you arent going to doesnt it?😬

Edited by KapMan
  • Haha 1

Climber028
13 minutes ago, KapMan said:

The internet has a strange lf making you reply when you say you arent going to doesnt it?😬

Can't be the internet,  it's just genetics 

• Haha 3

Aleksandar Milosevic

To my credit, I resisted the urge a couple of times, before succumbing :) 

Tommy J.
9 hours ago, Lennix said:

My belief is that genetics determine how much stress your body can take without getting injured. If you can take all the training, you can go from not being able to close a #1 to close a #4. Ofcourse with the right training, mental approach and dedication and all those things Paul said. If you can close the #3 the first time you try ofcourse you got talent, but to go further you need dedication and the correct training and if your genetics doesnt allow for it you wont go further.

I dont disagree.. however, proper rest has the same effect in regards to determining how much stress the body can take. 

Im like a completely different person strength wise on 4 hours sleep than i am on 8 hours.

then im also a different person strength wise depending on what all i ate the day prior. Big huge pasta and meatballs the night before, i got plenty of steam for volume the next day. If i eat less carbs mixed with any substantial amount of dairy the day before, i cramp up and dont have any steam the following day for volume.

either way, i can appreciate the back and forth. Thanks for posting! 

I would say the biggest factor that genetics plays is simply body type. Hight, frame, etc. max strength must still be earned, no matter who’s DNA your carrying. Its all relative. Like i said above, whats light to that guy on the bench might not be light to others. But thats not a byproduct of genetics. Thats a byproduct of time under tension.

• Like 1

Hopefully
On 1/22/2019 at 2:18 PM, Tommy J. said:

In closing, dont compare your lifts yet to that guy. Work hard at moving up the ladder instead. Then later when things start coming together, hone in on beating that mf’er!

yeah, genetics are great. But a fighting spirit and sheer determination are way cooler.

So here's the deal, I thought I'd respond when I had the time to do so. Unfortunately it seems that never happens so it is what it is. 

All in all so yes, it is a good hallmark of a very good bench, or elite if you want. I agree with you. I realize it's a high level and I never wanted to sound arrogant about it, just that my sights at the time were aimed so high that in my mind winning was all that were good enough. 

I'll never beat him now because that time has passed for me I think, I aint got that drive anymore. Besides now when I have a kid, house and everything the sacrifice needed to get to that level just isn't justified. It takes too much time away from other things and life is not about benching the world anymore for me 😛 Also my mental health was piss poor around that time because I put too much into training so finally I couldn't handle it anymore and had to quit.

But cool that you think I reached elite level, I'll always have that. 

I have no video that proves any % bench unfortunately. 

Good luck with your 400lbs bench! 

Edited by Hopefully
  • Like 1

Tommy J.
13 hours ago, Hopefully said:

So here's the deal, I thought I'd respond when I had the time to do so. Unfortunately it seems that never happens so it is what it is. 

All in all so yes, it is a good hallmark of a very good bench, or elite if you want. I agree with you. I realize it's a high level and I never wanted to sound arrogant about it, just that my sights at the time were aimed so high that in my mind winning was all that were good enough. 

I'll never beat him now because that time has passed for me I think, I aint got that drive anymore. Besides now when I have a kid, house and everything the sacrifice needed to get to that level just isn't justified. It takes too much time away from other things and life is not about benching the world anymore for me 😛 Also my mental health was piss poor around that time because I put too much into training so finally I couldn't handle it anymore and had to quit.

But cool that you think I reached elite level, I'll always have that. 

I have no video that proves any % bench unfortunately. 

Good luck with your 400lbs bench! 

Yep, i stand by my statement. You have already achieved an elite bench. Now you just need the T-shirt that says “99 problems but a bench aint 1” 😬

no need for vid. I’ll take your word for it.

and thanks. It will be quite the journey. I will admit though that i have no hopes of ever hitting double bw like you have already done.

Hopefully
56 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Yep, i stand by my statement. You have already achieved an elite bench. Now you just need the T-shirt that says “99 problems but a bench aint 1” 😬

no need for vid. I’ll take your word for it.

and thanks. It will be quite the journey. I will admit though that i have no hopes of ever hitting double bw like you have already done.

Haha sure! People would kill me for that shirt around here though. 

It took me a lot of years of 100% dedication purely for the bench to reach that so it can be done for sure.I actually think just about everyone can reach it, as long as you doesn't have a terrible body type for it. Now I'm starting to sound like Paul about #4 closes which I called out to be bs though lol

Tommy J.

They would kill you for a shirt that said that?.. as in- they like it that much, or would hate it that much?

Hopefully
3 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

They would kill you for a shirt that said that?.. as in- they like it that much, or would hate it that much?

That sort of attitude is kinda stigmatized in Sweden. Which of course would make it even more awesome actually 

• Like 1

Tommy J.

That sort of attitude is kinda stigmatized in Sweden. Which of course would make it even more awesome actually 

Being proud of a bench?..

• Haha 2

Tommy J.

Basically this applies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante

Wow! that is incredibly disappointing.. 

So, Hypothetically, receiving a 1st place medal at an event you competed at could technically be breaking that law.. is how im reading it..

i guess a closer comparison could be if you just decided to wear that same awarded medal around your neck out in public the next day.

that law appars to fit an exact example of fascism.

Climber028
25 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Wow! that is incredibly disappointing.. 

So, Hypothetically, receiving a 1st place medal at an event you competed at could technically be breaking that law.. is how im reading it..

i guess a closer comparison could be if you just decided to wear that same awarded medal around your neck out in public the next day.

that law appars to fit an exact example of fascism.

It's not a literal law, it's more like a cultural norm. Winning is great,  being boisterous or pompous about it would be frowned upon.