Devon Larratt training grip with Jujimufu

Aleksandar Milosevic

I feel good that my forearms are just 2 centimeters smaller than Devon and Juji's, I think this year I'm gonna smoke them :)  I think the video also shows the power of wrist strength in grip sport.

• Like 2

Yeah it really shows what you need strong for arm wrestling and makes total sense what the results were. Wrist strength, spades of it, crush strength, not bad but nothing crazy, pinch strength, no because the thumb strength just isn't there. Similar results we found with rock climbers apart from they had tons of crush strength but thumb strength was none at all really, which again makes sense because there's tons of fingers involved.

By the way if anyone reading this hasn't seen the slow mo video on Devon's YouTube check it out. Really funny stuff.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:21 AM, Paul Savage said:

Yeah it really shows what you need strong for arm wrestling and makes total sense what the results were. Wrist strength, spades of it, crush strength, not bad but nothing crazy, pinch strength, no because the thumb strength just isn't there. Similar results we found with rock climbers apart from they had tons of crush strength but thumb strength was none at all really, which again makes sense because there's tons of fingers involved.

By the way if anyone reading this hasn't seen the slow mo video on Devon's YouTube check it out. Really funny stuff.

I came to Grip sports with a climbing background, and I was astounded by how weak my thumbs are compared to the rest of my hands. Different backgrounds set you up different ways. 😂

11 minutes ago, xyzzm said:

Was I the only one dying to see what Devon could pull on an axle?

His deadlift isn't strong enough to test his grip

4 hours ago, Climber028 said:

His deadlift isn't strong enough to test his grip

Indeed, i'd love to see juji's reaction when the dl is the bottleneck and not the grip strength. Although that is to be expected from an elite level armwrestler, as you said.