Sign in to follow this  
Hubgeezer

The Iron Game History article on the Death of Mike Jenkins

Hubgeezer

Terry and Jan Todd have (or had, not sure if it will continue with the death of Terry) a most excellent scholarly publication that was published anywhere from every 4 or 5 months to over a year apart between issues. I began subscribing after the 2014 issue that featured two pieces on the death of Strongman Mike Jenkins.

The publication is relatively pricey. However, what most do not know is that about three years after publication,  it is put on the Internet. Here is the issue published in late 2014, about a year after Mike Jenkins' passing. This is only a link to the 13 page piece that includes the clinical description of substances found at the scene of his death, substances provided voluntarily by his widow to investigators, and the results of the autopsy and toxicology reports. You will have to dig a little more for the link to the editorial about Mike written by Jan and Terry, as well as the rest of the issue:

https://www.starkcenter.org/igh/igh-v12/igh-v12-n4-v13-n1/igh1204-1301p54.pdf

This is not a bunch of off-the-top-of-the-head-comments by Internet Jockeys. This is as close as you are going to get with real science discussing the murky world of the effect of PEDs.  

There is a moment in the movie Bigger Stronger Faster where some asshole obnoxious bodybuilder, in response to the claim that Steroids can kill, defiantly says on camera "Where are the bodies?". Well, here is one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Aleksandar Milosevic

Very good article. The only thing that I didn't really know, and I learned from the article, is how damaging DMAA is.

Hubgeezer

I should not have called the publication “relatively pricey”. I forgot that the $100 I paid was for being a Patron Subscriber, not a basic subscription. It’s a bargain for the quality of the content.

king crusher

Great read. Thank you for the link.

Everyone should give that a close look. 

So Mike's wife went through that with Mike, I hope she doesnt have to go through it again.