Top 8

pawel r

8eiB5TM_49535887_1963545973714480_4536343

if Chaffee and Larratt were instead of Kurdecha and Prudnik, it would be TOP 8

Now it' rubbish. .:)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aleksandar Milosevic said:

I think there's a problem with WAL contracted athletes, so they can't compete in Vendetta.

They can compete in Vendetta when thr WAL season is over like Devon did last year. But when it's on they can't. Pretty crap.

Does anyone know when Top 8 will be held? I tried to google it but could only find ”sometime in 2019”.

20 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Does anyone know when Top 8 will be held? I tried to google it but could only find ”sometime in 2019”.

I expect to see you on that list in 5 years Wiggy. 

• Like 1

Top 8 without Dave Chaffee and Devon  :( I think Top8 would bring more $$ than WAL.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 3:55 PM, Florian Kellersmann said:

Top 8 without Dave Chaffee and Devon  :( I think Top8 would bring more $$ than WAL.

Prize money.

According to the results of the final stage, the main prize pool of 121,000 US dollars will be distributed.

The distribution of the "TOP 8” prize fund:

1st place - 50,000 US dollars.

2nd place - $ 20,000.

3rd place - 15,000 US dollars.

4th place - 10,000 US dollars.

5th place - 8,000 US dollars.

6th place - 7,000 US dollars.

7th place - 6,000 US dollars.

8th place - 5,000 US dollars.

Igor has a lot of money.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2019 at 7:50 PM, G-Man said:

SASHO ANDREEV is a monster; PFP best in the world right now and should be in the top 8 in the world overall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJkpRVVr6y4

Except Sasho lost to Todd Hutchings in Moldova. Do you consider Todd to be top 8 overall? Or do you think Sasho wasn't at his best that day? Or Todd is just a bad match-up for Sasho styles wise?

Sasho is definitely a monster pound for pound.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:47 PM, darthsith19 said:

Except Sasho lost to Todd Hutchings in Moldova. Do you consider Todd to be top 8 overall? Or do you think Sasho wasn't at his best that day? Or Todd is just a bad match-up for Sasho styles wise?

I did not know that. Was Sasho tired out? If not, then I take back what I said and don't think either is in the top 8 overall right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 2:35 PM, G-Man said:

I did not know that. Was Sasho tired out? If not, then I take back what I said and don't think either is in the top 8 overall right now.

Not that I know of, although I didn't see the entire class. From what I saw, Alan Makeev beat Sasho fast early on - Sasho seemed surprised. Krasimir almost pinned Todd fast but Hutchings stopped him at the pin line and brought him back fairly quickly. Then Todd got SMASHED by Prudnyk - Prudnyk said he noticed Todd wasn't fast and figured he could take him with speed. Then Sasho faced Krasi and won, it was a good match but Sasho should've been too worn out for Todd. He lasted a little whlle with Todd but didn't seem to have any chance to win the match...

Then, Todd lost quickly to Makeev. Yordan Tsonev beat Makeev, Makeev was 4th... Prudnyk beat Tsonev, then lost to Babayev. That was a 209 lbs. weight class FYI.

So Rustam was 1st, Prudnyk 2nd, then Tsonev, then Makeev, then Todd, Sasho... yet a month later Sasho won WAF over Prudnyk.. And he almost always beats Prudnyk right handed. So really an argument could be made either way for who should be ranked 1-2-3 between Todd, Prudnyk, and Sasho.... Sasho lost to Todd, but beats Prudnyk and wins Worlds and Europeans at 198.  But Prudnyk looked a level above him in Moldova, although they didn't pull. Prudnyk also looked insane at Zloty, where he pulled 209. I'd say either Prudnyk is stronger at 209, and loses strength cutting to 198, or Sasho wasn't at his best in Moldova (although it was only a month before he won Worlds, so you'd think he was fit), or it's just a styles thing... meanwhile, Makeev pulled 220 at Worlds, and only placed 12th, and I'd think Hutchings would place much better than that if he'd gone so that's weird to me, too. And I watched the whole class, I can't remember who he lost to but I remember he wasn't in there with the top guys... but he beat Sasho who beats Prudnyk who beat Tsonev (who was 2nd at Worlds in Makeevs class). Makeev also was at Zloty, where Prudnyk won the open class easily, Makeev wasn't even near the top... my conclusion based on all this, is it seems weird to me that Sasho beats Prudnyk.

I know I rambled a lot, but I really like discussing this strange case of A beats B beats C beats D beats E beats A.   I guess the point is, it's REALLY hard put guys in a pound for pound order.

Edited by darthsith19
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The event is just a few hours away now. Hoping for a good performance from Laletin and Ongarbaev.

9 hours ago, David_wigren said:

The event is just a few hours away now. Hoping for a good performance from Laletin and Ongarbaev.

You got your wish!

• Like 1

Prudnyk is way bigger than I've ever seen.   He looked like a beast against Babaev.

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Prudnyk is way bigger than I've ever seen.   He looked like a beast against Babaev.

very true, I saw him before his flight. He added about 10 kg to his previous form, arms full of water and so on

• Like 1

I wonder who will face who in the next round. Based on the order it should be Prudnik vs Ongarbaev and Laletin vs Levan. Those two matches could go either way.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:10 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Yeah, that last round was almost hard to watch. I felt so bad for Babaev XD

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Based on what we have seen recently, I can see the final results ending up as follows:

1. Saginashvili

2. Laletin 

3. Trubin

4. Ongarbaev

5.  Kurdecha

6.  Prudnyk

7. Babaev

8. Bresnan

Edited by G-Man