Has anyone ever hubbed a 100lb plate?

wobbler

That's pretty much it. There's some very rare York deep dish 75's so I'd like to see that also, but what's the biggest face value plate that someone has lifted by the hub?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wobbler said:

That's pretty much it. There's some very rare York deep dish 75's so I'd like to see that also, but what's the biggest face value plate that someone has lifted by the hub?

James fuller is the only guy I know of that hits big on plate hubs. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Only person that comes to mind that has done something like this on actual plate hubs is James Fuller's 100lb lift (different plates are added to it).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The hub itself is key.  I haven’t seen a single actual 100hub remotely like the one James lifted (still an incredible feat though).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anwnate said:

The hub itself is key.  I haven’t seen a single actual 100hub remotely like the one James lifted (still an incredible feat though).

Indeed. Hard to hub on playes where the hub slopes. My billard has a slope and its a pain. 

Yes, YORK 3rd Gen 45s(most commonly seen, made for a quarter of a century) are the hardest of the old Deep Dish 45s to Hub Lift. The BFCO 45s as seen being lifted by Arnold & Franco @ Muscle Beach in the 60s/70s are a close second in difficulty. The IVANKO 45s sold in the 80s/90s as often seen in IRONMAN magazine photo shoots(M-series?) are probably the hardest 45 I've come across in my Hub travels. Of course IF a 100lb plate was made with the Hub design used in my 100lb Hub Lift video, then that would be the easiest to master. The MARCY stand alone Hub at 4" wide is probably the best all 'round Hub training plate.

Here's my latest Hub Training with a repaired YORK 2nd Gen 45. These were made from about 1938-1942. I purposely wanted this plate because the weld prevents me from getting a deeper set on the Hub which just about mimics the Hub depth of my 75s.

Edited by James Fuller
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, James Fuller said:

Yes, YORK 3rd Gen 45s(most commonly seen, made for a quarter of a century) are the hardest of the old Deep Dish 45s to Hub Lift. The BFCO 45s as seen being lifted by Arnold & Franco @ Muscle Beach in the 60s/70s are a close second in difficulty. The IVANKO 45s sold in the 80s/90s as often seen in IRONMAN magazine photo shoots(M-series?) are probably the hardest 45 I've come across in my Hub travels. Of course IF a 100lb plate was made with the Hub design used in my 100lb Hub Lift video, then that would be the easiest to master. The MARCY stand alone Hub at 4" wide is probably the best all 'round Hub training plate.

Here's my latest Hub Training with a repaired YORK 2nd Gen 45. These were made from about 1938-1942. I purposely wanted this plate because the weld prevents me from getting a deeper set on the Hub which just about mimics the Hub depth of my 75s.

Fantastic James!

• Thanks 1

If I recall, on the Sorinex website, there may have been a pic of Richard Hubbing a York 45 with three 10s on it.  100lbs is quite a feat.

Edited by RiotGrip

10 hours ago, James Fuller said:

he IVANKO 45s sold in the 80s/90s as often seen in IRONMAN magazine photo shoots(M-series?) are probably the hardest 45 I've come across in my Hub travels

Is that the same plate as what Jared Goguen lifts? I have the same plate. It is M series, and though the hub is sloped the texture is very gritty and good.

Video: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAVE101 said:

Is that the same plate as what Jared Goguen lifts? I have the same plate. It is M series, and though the hub is sloped the texture is very gritty and good.

Video: 

I can't tell if its the same as mine. I'll have a look at mine again tomorrow.