Alawadhi

Middle East and North Africa Strongest Grip Contest

Alawadhi

Hello Grip Guys. Last year we had King Kong here in Dubai. It was great and many liked it. I decided to host it last moment thanks to my friend Jedd Johnson. Now I am hosting another grip contest on Friday March 8th 2019. Plan is around 6 hours for the events to be completed. Long list of event. There will be WR too here I hope.

First will be the IM RT. IM rules. All IM rules will be recognized by IronMind.

Second, Baseline dyno Crush. No jerking allowed. Arms at 90 degrees and can straighten it out to 180 degrees but without jerking. Can twist the hands/arms so palm is facing the sky. Should start slowly then accelerate. But no jerk is allowed. Two attempts allowed. The best attempt is chosen.

Third, IM blockbuster. IM rules

Forth, IM little big horn. IM rules.

Fifth, IM hub. IM rules

Rest for 45 Minutes.

Sixth, Two hand pinch euro hold. David horn rules.

Seven, Axle for maximum reps or Apollos Wheels Replica for reps. If the Apollo's wheel came on time then we use it. Deadlift for Maximum reps. Both type of grip is allowed; DO and mixed. One DO grip will be more than any reps using mixed grip. You get the point. Conventianal and Sumo stances both are allowed. If the Apollo's wheeles didn't come on time then my Axle and only DO lift will be allowed and 3 attempts.

Eight, Pinch endurance, Blobs for reps 1.5 (90 seconds) minute to a stand. Starting weight is 50 LB blob (blob 50/half of 100) and 2.5 pounds less up to 40. the next one down is the 32.5 blob. Again, one rep on blob 50 will be more than 10 reps on 47.5 blob. It is York blobs.

Only chalk is allowed here. Prizes are:
First prize AED 1500 + Medal (AED 1500 will be over USD $400)
Second prize AED 1000 + Medal
Third Prize AED 500 + Medal
Next 7 people will get Medals. There will be prizes by IM too but I will confirm what it is later when I get more information.

Competition is called Strongest grip in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA region). All locals and residence can compete and win. Invites will be sent starting tomorrow to people in the region. Guest lifter who is not a resident here CAN compete but will not be ranked in the region. Will get Medals as a guest lifter and overall winner (assuming he won). World records by guest can and of course be counted under the organization standards.

• Like 14

Joseph Sullivan
3 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Hello Grip Guys. Last year we had King Kong here in Dubai. It was great and many liked it. I decided to host it last moment thanks to my friend Jedd Johnson. Now I am hosting another grip contest on Friday March 8th 2019. Plan is around 6 hours for the events to be completed. Long list of event. There will be WR too here I hope.

First will be the IM RT. IM rules. All IM rules will be recognized by IronMind.

Second, Baseline dyno Crush. No jerking allowed. Arms at 90 degrees and can straighten it out to 180 degrees but without jerking. Can twist the hands/arms so palm is facing the sky. Should start slowly then accelerate. But no jerk is allowed. Two attempts allowed. The best attempt is chosen.

Third, IM blockbuster. IM rules

Forth, IM little big horn. IM rules.

Fifth, IM hub. IM rules

Rest for 45 Minutes.

Sixth, Two hand pinch euro hold. David horn rules.

Seven, Axle for maximum reps or Apollos Wheels Replica for reps. If the Apollo's wheel came on time then we use it. Deadlift for Maximum reps. Both type of grip is allowed; DO and mixed. One DO grip will be more than any reps using mixed grip. You get the point. Conventianal and Sumo stances both are allowed. If the Apollo's wheeles didn't come on time then my Axle and only DO lift will be allowed and 3 attempts.

Eight, Pinch endurance, Blobs for reps 1.5 (90 seconds) minute to a stand. Starting weight is 50 LB blob (blob 50/half of 100) and 2.5 pounds less up to 40. the next one down is the 32.5 blob. Again, one rep on blob 50 will be more than 10 reps on 47.5 blob. It is York blobs.

Only chalk is allowed here. Prizes are:
First prize AED 1500 + Medal (AED 1500 will be over USD $400)
Second prize AED 1000 + Medal
Third Prize AED 500 + Medal
Next 7 people will get Medals. There will be prizes by IM too but I will confirm what it is later when I get more information.

Competition is called Strongest grip in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA region). All locals and residence can compete and win. Invites will be sent starting tomorrow to people in the region. Guest lifter who is not a resident here CAN compete but will not be ranked in the region. Will get Medals as a guest lifter and overall winner (assuming he won). World records by guest can and of course be counted under the organization standards.

Man those are some MOTIVATING PRIZES!

• Like 3

Alawadhi

Few updates:

No entrance fee.

Free refreshment drinks to everyone (water and juices).

Have a cafeteria which sells everything.

Place for kids and adults as spectators.

Grip test, strongman test events for spectators.

Few strong Athletes are coming from far. Names will be given once 100% confirmed.

Video's will be recorded. Few DVD's will be given to people for free.

Trophies and medals for everyone who competes.

Prize money will be more. What is already there is for the pro division. For the amateurs will have another prize money which is AED 500 for the first, AED 250 2nd and AED 150 for third.

All competitors will have their own T-shirts.

Lucky draw for some spectators with a vouchers and free phones.

Old news on IronMind is here http://www.ironmind.com/news/2019-Strongest-Grip-Middle-East-and-Northern-Africa/ and wait for the new ones.

Edit: IronMind will provide gift cards!

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 6